My Neighbor

My Neighbor

 

-16 years later-

 

“What a beautiful morning,” Ariel said as she stood on her balcony stretching.

 

~

 

 

 

“Lee Donghae! No running in the hallways!” a tear yell at the popular, first year college student.

He turns around and smile, “Yes sir!” he salutes and turns back around continuing to run.

“Yes first one!” Donghae yells cheerfully as he grabs a chocolate pudding from the counter.

Just as he did students rushed in for the same dessert. 

“Yo Donghae” Eunhyuk said as he and some other guys join Donghae who’s enjoying his pudding in the cafeteria.

Donghae looks up and smile at them.

“Dude you’re too crazy for this” Sungmin said.

“Why would I not be? There’s only these dessert on Mondays, and with only 100 cups, so of course I'm a little crazy about them,” Donghae explains.

They hung out together for lunch then head back to their classes.

“Kem” the principle clears his throat upon arriving into the noisy classroom.

The room immediately quiets down.

“As you all know, Mrs. Ling had retired, so starting today on, there will be a new teacher. Please welcome her,” he said and looks at the door.

With that look, everyone’s attention turned to the door as well.

Ariel stood outside of the door waiting for her introduction. When she heard the cue she took a deep breath and smile before walking into the quiet classroom.

All the guys began to smile excitedly.

“Hello, nice to meet you all, I’m the new Chinese teacher Ms. Lin. Let’s get along” she said with a beautiful smile.

“Oh we definitely will!” one of the guys yells out making all the other guys in the room cheer.

Ariel smile at the guy who yelled it out.

“Then, I’ll leave this in your hands” the principal said to Ariel.

“Thank you,” she replies and he walks out.

“Are you married?!”

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

“What’s your type of guy?”

Questions were thrown at her right after the principal steps out of the room.

“I like the type of guy that would be quiet in class when the teacher is going to teach,” she told them.

“Alright, we shall begin class. Let’s take a look at chapter 10 in your textbook,” she said ignoring their questions.

She turns around and began to write on the board.

“Ms. Lin, you’re no fun!” the students began to complain.

Ariel turns around and faces the class after she was done writing on the board.

“You guys want to have fun?” she asks them.

“Yes!” they all replied.

“Alright, so should we just sit here and chat?”

“Yes!”

Ariel laugh, “Okay, but only for today, got it?” she said and sets her chalk down.

“Yes!”

She leans on the podium and look at them.

“So, what do you guys want to talk about?” she asks them in Chinese.

“What…What did she just say?” ask one of the guys as he looks around for help.

“You” Sungmin answered in Chinese.

“Hao, but I would also like to know about you, so why don’t we take turn learning about each other?” Ariel suggested.

“Okay,” Sungmin answers.

“What is your name?” Ariel asks him.

“Sungmin,” he answered.

“Sungmin, what are you guys saying? Tell us too” the guy beside Sungmin said.

“What question do you guys want to ask her?” Sungmin ask them as he, don’t know what to ask.

“Ask her if she is married.”

“If Sungmin is the one that ask, then I will not answer. If you want to know, then you should be the one asking” Ariel said to them in Korean.

“Why?”

“Because it’s only fair,” she said in Korean then switch back to Chinese. “Any of the girls have questions?” she asks them.

“Lao shi, can I ask how old you are?” one of the girls ask.

Ariel smile, “I knew this question was going to come up, but it didn’t know it was going to be this soon,” she said and thought about it.

“Hmmm…let’s just say I’m in my mid-twenties.”

“What? Er-er shi…” one of the guys try to make up what she just said.

“Wow, you’re so young” the girl who ask the question told her.

“Thank you,” she replies.

“Any other questions?”

And so the class really just asks and answer questions for the rest of the hour.

“Lao shi, see you tomorrow!” the class said as Ariel head out first.

“See you all tomorrow” she said before walking out.

Ariel walked to the elevator and waited. Just as she walks in Donghae walked up the stairs.

“Aiiiisssh~” he stretches is neck. “I fell asleep again,” he said to himself and walks into the classroom to find it emptied.

He gathered his things under the table he sits at and left the room.

 

-Next Day-

 

“Ya Donghae!” Eunhyuk called.

Donghae turns around and smile.

“Hey guys, what’s up?”

“Dude, you missed it man.”

“What?” he looks at the guys confused.

“The new Chinese teacher” Sungmin whispered.

Donghae looked at them confused.

“She’s a beauty man!” Eunhyuk smack Donghae’s back thinking about the teacher excitedly.

“Ya!” Donghae yells at Eunhyuk in pain.

Eunhyuk quickly hide behind Shindong.

“But it’s true! That’s how excited you’ll be too!” Eunhyuk said from behind Shindong.

“I better be, otherwise you’re dead” Donghae said as he massages the part that Eunhyuk hit.

“No worries, you will” he said confidently. “Just don’t skip today’s class.”

"Don't worry, I won’t. I’m going to see how much of a beauty this teacher is,” he said and smirk.

~

“Good afternoon class” Ariel said in Chinese as she walks into the classroom.

“What time is it?!” Donghae said breathless as he ran into the classroom right after Ariel.

He quickly looks at the clock.

“Yes! Just in time” he said still breathless.

He was taking really big breaths.

"Donghae, are you okay?” Shindong asks starting to get worried.

“I’m….fine….” he smile and took out his inhaler.

He inhaled twice and felt a bit better.

“Now, let’s see the beauty” he said and turns around to look at Ariel.

Both their eyes widen as soon as they saw each other.

“You!” they both said at the same time.
 

 

 

****

Finally updated again. =)