My Neighbor

My Neighbor

 

 

-Next Morning-

 

 

Donghae waited patiently in front of the Lin's house.

“What's taking her so long?” he said to himself.

Then suddenly the front door of the Lin's house opens.

Donghae smiles and turns around to wait for the gates to open.

“Noon- Ah! Good morning Mrs. Lin,” Donghae greets Mrs. Lin.

“Good morning Donghae. What are you doing here?” Mrs. Lin ask him.

Donghae smiles, “I'm waiting for Noona! What is taking her so long?” he ask her as he looks back to the house.

“So you're waiting for Ariel?”

“Ariel Noona?” he ask himself, as he doesn't even know her name yet. “Yes, I’m waiting for Ariel Noona.”

“I see, well she already left early this morning.”

“What?! Noona left without me?!” he said shocked.

“Did you guys agree to walk to school together?”

“No...it's just...that I want to walk to school with Noona.”

She smile at Donghae, “Come, I’ll take you to school instead, and we've got to hurry, or you'll be late,” she stuck her hand out at him.

He smile and immediately reach for her hand.

“But....why would Ariel Noona go to school without me? Does she not like me?” Donghae ask himself as Mrs. Lin drove him to school.

“Ariel Noona maybe didn't know that you want to walk to school with her. Why don't you ask her today, and I’ll talk to her later about it as well, hmm?”

“That's great! Thanks Mrs. Lin” Donghae said loudly and unbuckle himself as they arrive at school.

 

 

-Next Morning-

 

“Good Morning Noona!” Donghae said happily as he opens his gates and saw Ariel standing by her gate.

Ariel shuts her eyes tightly as she was startled from his loud voice. She took a deep breath and opens her eyes again.

“Noona!” Donghae said as he ran over and stood right in front of her. “Noona! Are you sick?”

“No,” she replies and start walking to school.

“That's good! Ah! Noona! Why did you leave so early? No. Why didn't you tell me that you were leaving early yesterday?”

“I don't want to.”

“Why?”

Ariel ignores him.

“Noona, why aren't you replying?”

Ignores.

“Noona?! Ariel Noona!” Donghae calls as he looks at her face from the side.

“Ya!” Ariel snaps. “Why are you talking so much?!” she yells as she stops walking and looks at him.

Donghae was startled and became speechless.

'S-s-sorry...Ariel Noona” he replies softly.

“Please stop bothering me, and stop making it look like we are best friends, I don't like it. I hate it very much. Is not walking with you to school not enough?” she told him and walks away.

“I'm...I'm sorry Noona,” Donghae said softly. “I'm sorry, I won't bother you anymore, so please, please don't hate me” he said as he began to cry.

Ariel stops walking and turns around to look at him.

“Ya, a man shouldn't cry easily, especially in front of a girl” she said and turns back around walking slowly to school.

Donghae wipes his tears and follows her from behind keeping a distance between them.

 

 

-Later that day-

 

“Guys look! Look who it is!” some upper class men said to Donghae who's standing by the gate waiting for Ariel to come out.

“It's the crybaby!” one of them said and the rest began to laugh.

“Hey kid” one of them push Donghae against the wall as the others surround him.

“You should stoop bothering Ariel, she told you she hate you didn't she? So stop bothering her. And shouldn't you like someone your own age as well as size?”

Donghae looks at him coldly.

“Don't look at me like that!” he said and pushes Donghae's head away making his head hit the wall.

It began to bleed a little.

“Oh no! You're hurt! Are you going to home and crying to your mommy?” they laugh.

Donghae squeeze his hand into a tight fist and hits one of the guys with his small fist.

A fight then began.

“YA! This brat!” the boy that was hit said and hits Donghae back.

“I like Noona! And I won't cry!” he yells as he was constantly being hit by the upper class men.

A crowd of kids began to gather around them.

Ariel, who was heading home saw the crowd by the gates and ignores them making her way around the crowd.

“I like Noona! AND I WON'T CRY!” Ariel heard a little boy's voice from inside the circle yell loudly.

She suddenly stops walking and heard the same lines again.

Ariel quickly got into the circle and saw Donghae on the ground filled with wounds.

“Ya! Stop this instant!” she yells at her classmates.

Her classmates heard her voice and immediately stops.

Just then two teacher rushed into the circle.

“What's going on? Why were you guys fighting? All of you boys to my office NOW!” said the principal, one of the two teacher who came to see what's happening.

“Yes~” they all replied.

“You all should head home too” the other teacher told the other students who watched the fight.

- - -

“Ya~ Brat~” Ariel calls for Donghae as she saw him walk out of the principals office.

Hearing her voice he turns around and looks at her. As soon as he saw her he walks towards her hugs her tightly.

She left his little body still shaking from shock and fear.

Ariel moved her hand down to hold his hand.

“Let's go home” she said to him softly.

He looks up at her and smile.

“Yes, Noon~”

Before he could finish his sentence he fell onto the ground.

- - - -

Ariel stood outside of Donghae's hospital room listening to the parents talk.

“Thankfully he only broke an arm, and he seems to be very exhausted, so he should stay in the hospital for a few days. I want him to be a healthy boy again before releasing him,” Ariel heard her father said to Donghae's parents.

Donghae opens his eyes and saw his mother asleep beside his bed. He looks around the room and saw Ariel sitting on the sofa reading a book.

“Noo...Noona” Donghae manage to say quietly from this dry throat.

Ariel heard his voice and looks at his bed.

“Noona-” he said louder.

His mother then immediately woke up from hearing his voice.

“Donghae! Donghae! My dear son! Thank goodness you're up” she said happily as she hugs him tightly.

“Doctor” she said and got up. “I'm going to get the doctor, wait a bit. Ariel dear, please watch him” she said quickly and left the room before Ariel could reply.

Ariel closed her book and walk towards Donghae.

Donghae immediately covers his head with his blanket as Ariel reached his side.

“What's wrong?” Ariel ask. “You don't want to see me? Then should I leave?”

“No! Noona!” Donghae said as he trembles under the blanket. “Sorry Noona, I’m a man but I still cry.”

“It's okay, because you're not a man yet, you're still a boy, so crying is okay for now”  she said feeling guilty.

Donghae continues to cry.

“If you don't open the covers now I’m going to leave.”

Donghae quickly uncover his head. His face was drenched in tears.

“I'm sorry,” Ariel began. “I was too hard on you, and honestly, you're very annoying, but I don't really mind being with a chatter box like you from time to time.”

“R...re...really?” Donghae ask trying to stop his tears.

“Mmm.”

Donghae smiled and wipes his face with his unbroken hand.

“Noona! I like you.”

“I know.”

“Ariel Noona.”

“What?”

“I like you.”

“I said I know.”

“I like you very, very much.”

“I know, so stop saying that.”

Donghae smile, “Okay, but I still like you even if I don't say it.”

“I know, now stop,” Ariel said getting annoyed.

“Kay,” Donghae answer and continues to smile. “I like you” he whispers.

“Stop it!” Ariel yells.
 

 

 

 

****

Finally updated.