My Neighbor

My Neighbor

 

 

“Donghae? Donghae? Honey?” his mother called him.

He slowly opens his eyes and saw his parents with two other adult he doesn't recognize.

His mother smiled at him.

“My goodness Donghae, you made me so worried” she said with teary eyes as she hugs him.

“Mom~” Donghae said softly. “It hurts” he said. She was holding him too tight.

“Sorry” his mother pulled away as she wipes her tears.

Donghae then moves his eyes to look at the other two strangers in the room.

“These two are our new neighbors, Mr. and Mrs. Lin. You should thank Mr. Lin, he help save you just now.”

“Thank you” Donghae manage to say.

“You should be more careful next time” Mr. Lin told him. “You're very lucky your head only got hit a little” he smile at Donghae.

“Yes, sir.”

The adults then slowly starts to leave his room. As they all slowly disappear Donghae noticed the girl earlier by the door. He quickly sat up forgetting about his pain and smile at her.

“You came to see me?” he ask her.

“No, I came to check if you broke any bones. But you seem fine, so you won't sue my staircase for tripping you right?”

“What?” five years old Donghae said confused.

“9” she said instead of explaining to him.

“Huh?”

“I'm 9 years old.”

“9?! Really?!” he said and started to count his fingers. “Then you are really Noona! Does that mean you'll be my friend?”

“What? No. I don't want a little brat like you to be my friend.”

“Then why did you tell me your age? You told me because you want to be my friend right?”

“It's to apologizes for my staircase for tripping you...then...I'm going” she said and turns to leave but suddenly turns back to look at him.

“Oh~ and just because you're ill doesn't mean that I’ll be nice to you” she said and really left this time.

“Wow!” Donghae said excited. “My neighbor is my new friend!”

- - - - -

“Noona! Noona!” Donghae yells as soon as he saw his neighbor walks out from her house.

“Noona! Are you going to school too?!” he ask as he follows her along the short gate that seperates their yard. 

“Be quiet!” she said annoyed. It was 7 in the morning.

“Why?” Donghae ask as he quickly close the gate door to his house and follows her.

She ignores him and picks up her pace.

“Wai~” he noticed her pace and quickly picks up his pace as well.

The girl then walks a little more faster and so did Donghae.

“Noona! Noo~~~na!” Donghae yells loudly after the girl. “Not so fast! Noo~na!” he said as the gap between them grew wider.

The girl heard his gasping voice and stop. She turns around.

He was still trying to catch up to her while gasping for air.

“Ya! Slow down!” she yells at him.

“But if I do, Noona will be very far from me. I want to walk with Noona,” he smile as he slowly reaches where she was standing.

“If you can't catch up with me then don't try too hard!” she continues to yell at him.

“But” he paused for air. “I really really really want to walk with Noona to school,” he said brightly at her.

She sigh, “Stupid brat” she mumble in Chinese. She looks at the sweaty Donghae and stuck out her right hand.

“What?” Donghae ask confused.

“You're hand!” her yelling continues.

Donghae smiles and held onto her hand tightly with his left hand. 

On the rest of the way to school Donghae talked nonstop to his new neighbor, new friend.

- - - - -

“Ah! We are home already?!” Donghae said surprised as he saw his house. “Noona! Want to come over and -”

“No” she cuts him off as she opens the gate to her house.

“Then can I come-”

“No” she said and closed the gate behind her.

“Kay, bye Noona!” see you tomorrow morning!” Donghae said happily as his new neighbor walks into the house without a reply.

Donghae watch her close the door before walking into his house.

~

“How trouble some” the little girl sigh as she closed the door. 

 

 

 

****

Updated. =D