Chapter Seven

A Midnight Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay

"Where were you?" Minx appeared in front of me suddenly. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she was currently tapping her foot impatiently. I frowned at her, asking, "Where were I supposed to be?"

Minx flared up immediately. "You was supposed to have lunch with me, remember? Gah, you're such a jerk!" Minx shrieked furious, her shrill voice filling up the whole living room. "Do you know how long I waited for you? Two hours! Two freaking hours!" She stamped her foot in annoyance before glaring at me. "Well? What's your excuse?"

"Er..." I stammered nervously. Obviously, I couldn't tell her that I was Ailing, celebrating her birthday the whole day. Minx hated competition and rivals so I'm pretty sure that the introduction of Ailing isn't exactly a good thing. "Er... I forgotten." I answered instead.

"Oh. You forgotten?" Minx echoed, staring at me intently with her suspicious eyes. "You forgotten?" Minx repeated again, her stare on me as intense usual. I shifted my weight from one foot to another while replying uncertainly, "Yeah, I forgotten."

"Okay, I'll accept that." Minx finally decided and I heaved a sigh of relief. Then, Minx dropped the bomb. "Who gave you that hickey on your neck?"

Immediately, my hand flew up to my neck. And I realized what I a fool I was.

Her suspicion confirmed, Minx snarled in fury, "There was no hickey at all! Who was the girl?"

"What girl? There was no girl!" I blurted out under Minx's glare. She leaned closer and hissed dangerously, "Don't you dare lie. Tell me who is it or I'll make it worse for her when I find out."

"Minx, leave her alone, okay?" I told her in a steely tone. "It's none of her fault. She doesn't know at all."

"Then tell me, who am I supposed to go after? We're practically engaged yet you're still hooking with some ." Minx spat out and I winced inwardly. Ailing isn't some . "Don't call her that, Minx." I ordered, my voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter