Chapter Four

A Midnight Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay

I heaved a sigh of relief; no one suspected anything yet. None of them knew of my interaction with Ailing, or of the fact that I had told her everything about us.

“Lay!” A female voice shrieked behind me and I mentally groaned before turning around. As expected, Minx appeared in front of me. It wasn’t that I hate her but really, Minx was a bit self-absorbed and arrogant. That’s not the worse part; I’m supposed to marry her.

“Hello, Minx.” I tried to smile, really I did. Minx frowned at me before asking, “Are you okay? You look weird.” I tried not to groan. Instead, I smiled a bit more naturally. “Better?”

“Yep. Anyway, Mom told me to tell you that you have to have lunch with me tomorrow. It’s to further our relationship or something like that.” Minx frowned again. “And you have to be there. I’ll text you the details later. See you!” Minx waved to me before skipping off.

“Finally.” I sighed. Minx doesn’t know about my secret talent at all. To her, I’m just some random guy her parents had arranged with mine to marry her. My parents wanted to know if Minx was suitable for me and if she would ever reveal the secret to others. Thus, neither Minx nor her parents know yet.

If it was based on my opinion, I would just stay single forever but then again, who actually listens to me?

I glanced around, making sure that there was no one before walking off. Even though, I only knew Ailing sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter