I Have To Sleep Where???

Water Maze

Narrator's POV 

“So happy today’s sunny, a Saturday that isn’t sunny is so ugh!” Hwayoung spun around on the sidewalk.
 
Yoomi laughed.  “Ya, Hwayoung, let’s get some ice cream from over there!”  She pointed across the street where a small shop advertised brightly, “Ice Cream!”  
 
“Yay!” Hwayoung grabbed Yoomi’s hand and pushed the doors inside.  “We’ve been walking all day with nothing to do,” Hwayoung rambled.  “Can I have a spumoni please?” 
 
“Can I please have one coffee ice cream please?” Yoomi reached into her pocket for money.  
 
The cashier reached over the counter and took their money.  “Coming right up!” 
 
“Let’s sit over there!” Hwayoung sat at one of the booths by the window.  “Lots of sunlight,” she said cheerfully.  
 
Yoomi sat in the comfy chair just as the cashier appeared at the table.  “Your orders are ready,” he smiled.  He set their cups down and two spoons down, bowed slightly, and left to the register again. 
 
Hwayoung picked up a spoon and scooped into her ice cream.  “So, how’re things with you and Kwangmin?”
 
Yoomi picked up her spoon. “Everything’s fine, we hung out yesterday at the preschool.”  She thought back to their “date” and smiled.
 
Hwayoung grinned. “Was it fun?”
 
“We had so much fun.” Yoomi ate another bite and covered . “The kids really liked him,” she said with full.  
 
Hwayoung brushed her bangs behind her ear.  “What did you do?”
 
“I introduced him to the kids, we sang together, and he acted like a kid, so I can treat him like how I treat the kids…”
 
“Sounds perfect!” Hwayoung commented.  She scooped a spoonful of Yoomi’s ice cream and Yoomi stuck her tongue out.  Before Hwayoung could do anything, Yoomi took a spoonful of the chocolate part of hers. 
 
“It was perfect…“  A frown replaced her smile.  “Well we had fun until someone ruined the mood.” 
 
Hwayoung leaned forward.  “Who?”
 
“Youngmin.” Yoomi rolled her eyes and took another bite. 
 
“Youngmin?” Hwayoung sat back.  “Kwangmin’s brother?” Yoomi nodded.  “Youngmin?  I like him, he’s nice, don’t talk about him!”
 
“What?  Nice?  You’ve got to be kidding me,” Yoomi scoffed. 
 
“Why not?”  Hwayoung rested her chin on her hands and stared out the window dreamily. “He’s so cute and nice to everyone.”  She perked up. “Oh!  You don’t know what happened the other day.  He saw this girl in the rain without an umbrella, so he took one out and walked her across the street to the bus stop!” 
 
Yoomi almost spit out her ice cream. “Are you sure that wasn’t Kwangmin?”
 
“I know the difference between blond and black hair!” Hwayoung insisted.  She sat up a little straighter.  “Anyway, how did he ruin the mood then?”
 
Yoomi sat back and crossed her arms.  “He said I was trying to seduce Kwangmin.”  She rolled her eyes.  “And my preschool was where the twins went to preschool, so he thought that was helping me in some way…?” She shook her head.  “I didn’t want to argue with the kids inside, but I couldn’t keep calm because he wouldn’t stop mocking me…”
 
“Oh no." 
 
“So I, uh… Slapped him.” 
 
“What!”  The other few customers turned to look at them.  Hwayoung covered and leaned forward.  “How could you slap such a cutie?” she whispered.  
 
Yoomi tried not to laugh at Hwayoung gathering attention.  “He’s not a cutie, just plain annoying.  And a jerk.”
 
“A jerk?  How could you even-”
 
Yoomi’s phone interrupted Hwayoung’s indignation. “Hold on,” Yoomi said and rummaged through her purse.  “Hello?” Hwayoung pouted and scooped another spoonful of Yoomi’s ice cream.  Yoomi swatted at her hand. “We’re at an ice cream shop near the mall, why?”  Hwayoung went in for another, but Yoomi was successful in smacking her hand and stuck out her tongue.  “What?  I have to sleep where?” she shrieked.  Hwayoung jumped back, startled. 
 
“No no no, I’m not sleeping there.  How could you?  I’m eighteen!” The customers looked at them again.  “Mom!  Mom?  Dammit!” She threw her phone on the table.  It slid across to Hwayoung, who caught it. 
 
“What’s wrong?”
 
Yoomi stood. “Mom called and said she’s going to my aunt’s with Hyojin so I have to sleep at Kwangmin’s for tonight and tomorrow.”  She led the way out of the shop.  
 
“You’re sleeping at his house?  Same room maybe?”  Hwayoung winked.  “Oh Yoomi-ah, you’re so lucky!” 
 
“Stop it!” Yoomi whined.  She took her phone from Hwayoung.  “I think we’re sleeping in different rooms anyway.”  She leaned against the wall.  “He’s coming to pick me up.”
 
“Can I come with you guys?” Hwayoung puffed up her cheeks trying to be cute. 
 
Yoomi nodded behind her.  “You should ask Kwangmin.”
 
Hwayoung turned around and Kwangmin’s car next to them. 
 
“Hwayoung!  You look so cute doing aegyo!”
 
“Oh no.”  Hwayoung turned to Yoomi.  “Hide me.” She ducked behind Yoomi.
 
“Why…?”
 
Kwangmin’s car barely parked and the passenger door flew open.  
 
“Hwayoung!” Minwoo sprinted from the car to Hwayoung in less than two seconds.  
 
Her shoulders dropped.  “That’s why,” she rolled her eyes. 
 
“How are you, I haven’t seen you in such a long time!” 
 
“Hey Yoomi, hi Hwayoung,” Kwangmin smiled.  
 
“I saw you last week!” Hwayoung insisted and stood on the other side of Yoomi.
 
“Do you want some ice cream?” Yoomi asked.
 
Kwangmin shook his head. “Nah, I have some at home.” 
 
“I’ll have some if you want it,” Minwoo said to Hwayoung.  She crossed her arms and he ran inside the shop. 
 
“Let’s go Yoomi!” Kwangmin got out of the car and opened the door for her.  
 
Hwayoung nodded her head toward Minwoo, who had just come back out with an ice cream cone, and put her hands together in a begging fashion, mouthing “Please take me” to Yoomi.  Yoomi resisted the urge to laugh.  
 
“Can Hwayoung come too?” 
 
“Why?” Minwoo pouted.  “Don’t you want to hang out with me?” 
 
“Um…”
 
“Because Yoomi is my best friend,” Hwayoung stepped in, “and she’s staying at your house for two days.  I have to make sure she gets everything she needs and no one will do anything bad to her.”
 
Kwangmin pointed at himself. “You think I would do something bad to her?”
 
“I don’t know you that well, so I can’t really tell.  You might just be really nice until no one’s looking.”  Hwayoung crossed her arms. “And I gotta make sure I approve of my friend’s fiancé.” 
 
“Oh sassy, I love it.” Minwoo his ice cream cone seductively.  Everyone stared at him. 
 
Kwangmin broke the awkwardness.  “Yoomi’s got a good friend there.  But sure, you can come.”
 
Minwoo’s face brightened and he put his arm around her shoulders. “You can hang out with me and hyung!” 
 
Hwayoung picked up his arm with two fingers and removed it from her shoulders.  “Can you not?”
 
He raised his hand in surrender. “Fine fine!”  
 
Kwangmin helped Yoomi into the passenger’s seat and Minwoo opened a door for Hwayoung.  She ignored him and got in herself on the other side of the car.  “Hard-to-get… Okay, I can do that,” he said to himself and slid in.  
 
When they got to Kwangmin’s house, Yoomi and Hwayoung gasped.  
 
“This is your house?” 
 
The car stopped and Kwangmin opened the door for Yoomi.  “Yes, this is my house!”  He took her hand and helped her out of the car.  
 
“Thanks,” she smiled.  
 
Minwoo jumped out of his seat and ran to the other side to open Hwayoung’s door, but she already did.  She closed the door and Minwoo
got closer.  “My house is really big too,” he winked.
 
“Ugh,” she said and caught up with Yoomi who was following Kwangmin toward a large pension.  
 
“Ya, this house is very big and mine is small.  We don’t go well together,” Yoomi said.  
 
“Ya!  Don’t say that!  Because if you like each other, go for it.  Money shouldn’t govern your love life,” Hwayoung scolded. 
 
“Welcome to the Jo house!” Kwangmin said.  He opened the front door and waited for them to enter.  
 
They took off their shoes and looked around, jaws slack.  The house was the definition of luxury, walls towering over them, grand staircase in front of them, the kind of house that they only thought to be in dramas.  
 
Yoomi didn’t know what to say. “Your house is very big, Kwangmin.”
 
Kwangmin shrugged.  “I guess so.”
 
Footsteps echoed through the room and everyone looked to the stairs.  Youngmin stood halfway down them.  “Kwangmin, finally you’re home, I wanted to ask you…” He trailed off and his eyes rested on Yoomi.  “Shortie?” He walked down the stairs again.
 
Hwayoung leaned over to Yoomi.  “He calls you ‘Shortie’?” she whispered. 
 
Minwoo leaned over to Hwayoung. “I can call you ‘shawty’,” he whispered.  Hwayoung slowly turned her head to him and glared.  He stepped away quickly.
 
“Youngmin, go upstairs,” Kwangmin sighed.  
 
Youngmin stopped in front of Yoomi  “Well hello there,” he ignored Kwangmin, “So you accepted my offer from yesterday.”
 
Yoomi looked confused. “Offer?”  He smirked and she suddenly remembered his egging on.  “Youngmin!” she screamed.  
 
“Oh, so you do remember,” he said. “Come on, I’ll show you my room… But I guess you‘d be more interested in Kwangmin’s room-”
 
“Youngmin, stop,” Kwangmin said firmly.
 
“It’s fun to seeing her get mad,” Youngmin stage-whispered to him.
 
“Just go upstairs, I’ll deal with you later.”  Kwangmin pushed him away. 
 
It’s fine, Kwangmin, it’s his house too… Unfortunately.” She frowned at Youngmin and touched Kwangmin’s arm.
 
“Eh!” He jerked his arm away from Yoomi. 
 
“Kwangmin?  Are you okay?” 
 
“I’m fine…” he winced. 
 
Youngmin’s eyes darted from Kwangmin’s arm to his eyes. “Did you take your medicine this morning?” he said seriously.  No teasing or harshness existed, he was a completely different person.  Kwangmin nodded.
 
“Are you sure you’re okay?” Yoomi asked. 
 
Kwangmin smiled.  “Yeah, I’m fine, just a bruise.”  He straightened. “Youngmin?” 
 
Youngmin nodded and left upstairs.       
 
“He really is a jerk Yoomi,” Hwayoung said. 
 
Minwoo slid closer.  “Hwayoung, I’m not a jerk!” 
 
“Oh God,” Hwayoung sighed. 
 
“Yoomi, Hwayoung, how about a tour around the house?” Kwangmin asked.  
 
“We’d love to!” Yoomi said.  Hwayoung nodded.  
 
Kwangmin slipped his hand in Yoomi’s.  “Okay then, Guide Kwangmin will show you around the Jo Estate,” he said in an official voice.  
 
“Hwayoung, don’t you want to go hang out outside with me and talk?” Minwoo pouted. 
 
“Let’s go!” Hwayoung said and Kwangmin led them across the main hall.  
--------------------------------------------
Hi guys, i know it has been so long since we updated this story, we were busy with our homework and mid term exams. T.T i failed my vocab mid term. >.< MOAAAA. sorry guys!!! hope this chapter make it up for you :)))))