Kwangmin vs. Youngmin

Water Maze

Narrator’s POV

 

Yoomi furiously rang the door bell waiting for Kwangmin to open. After a few seconds, the door slowly opened and Yoomi made her way in. She looked at Kwangmin who was too afraid to look at Yoomi. 

 

“Why?” she took a deep breath

 

Kwangmin slowly looked up and his eyes met hers “I was scared” 

 

Her face changed “You should have told me you were…. I would have understand” she stepped closer

 

“I know I should have… I’m sorry” his head hung low.

 

Yoomi lifted his face up and their eyes met once again “It’s okay, no need to feel sorry. I understand completely. But next time, do tell me if you don’t want to do something okay?” her soft gaze melted Kwangmin’s heart as he slowly nodded. 

 

“Kwangmin” she remembered what happened at the maze. 

 

“Hm?” he asked. Yoomi didn't know whether to tell Kwangmin or not about her and Youngmin, she knew if she tell him, he would feel even less confident than how he was already. But if she did’t and he found out, the situation might get worst. 

 

After a long pause, she took a deep breath. “Smile, smile like you always do” she decided to keep that a secret for now. 

 

Kwangmin faintly smiled at her “Yay! I like this happy Kwangmin than the -I’m sorry but I didn't know what to do and I felt bad, omg I’m sorry-Kwangmin.” His smile got bigger and hugged Yoomi

 

“What did I do in my past life to meet a girl like you? You are so cute for me to handle” 

He hugged her tighter and she hugged him back. 

 

“Maybe saved the whole universe?” She joked 

 

“Now let’s not go that far?” Kwangmin laughed?

 

Yoomi pushed him away playfully “What do you mean??” 

 

“Okay, okay, I’m just kidding” He her hair. 

 

“You guys make me sick” Youngmin was leaning against the door. Yoomi looked at Youngmin and rolled her eyes back to Kwangmin. 

 

“I’m gonna go home now.” she smiled

 

“I’ll take you home” Kwangmin put his arm over her shoulder and they walked toward the door. Just then, Yoomi’s stomach growl. She stopped her track as her eyes got wider. She bit her lip, closed her eyes and grabbed her stomach “omg….why?” she thought to herself.

 

Kwangmin laughed “Okay, let’s go eat.” He grabbed the house key and the 2 started walking again when Yoomi stopped one more time.

 

She figured Youngmin probably didn't eat neither since he also went home after the maze, she decided to invite him “Youngmin” she called his name

 

Youngmin who had his back toward her turned around. Yoomi smiled “Wanna come with us?” 

 

Kwangmin quickly turned his attention to her shocked. Youngmin couldn't move, he was shocked from the surprised invitation. Yoomi felt something was odd going on “guys, it was just a plain invitation. Plus I’m sure he didn't eat neither” she looked at Kwangmin.

 

Kwangmin, who was shocked remained shocked and couldn't get his eyes off of her “Why…. are you….” he thought.

 

“Youngmin… I’m counting to 3. I’m gonna leave if you’re just gonna stand there…” 

 

“1” Youngmin shifted his bug eyes to Kwangmin who still couldn't keep his eyes away from Yoomi

 

“2” Youngmin looked at Yoomi who now had her arms crossed.

 

“Come on Youngmin. I’m gonna say 3 soon” she bought time and Youngmin finally snapped out of it and walked in front of Yoomi. 

 

“3.” Yoomi finished counting and looked at a tall figure that was standing in front of her.

 

“okay let’s go” Yoomi quickly linked arm with Kwangmin and dragged him out of the house. Youngmin followed. 

 

The 3 decided to have something cold so they settled down at a cold noodle restaurant. Kwangmin’s mood went down so quickly even Yoomi noticed. Taking the advantage of sitting next to him and across from Youngmin, she quietly slid her hand into Kwangmin’s as a way to cheer him up. He looked at her and she gave him the most ensuring smile ever and he smiled back. 

 

Youngmin on the other hand, witnessed everything. “It hurts… But why can’t I look away?” 

 

Finally, the food came out and everyone’s face got brighter, they grabbed the chopstick and about to dig in when Kwangmin dropped his chopsticks. Youngmin stopped eating and looked at Kwangmin.

 

“Oh no! It got worst.” Kwangmin thought to himself as he couldn't feel his right arm.

 

“Are you okay?” She grabbed his right arm. He winced she let go right away.

 

“Kwangmin, what’s happening?” Youngmin put down his chopstick and went over to his brother’s side. 

 

“Nothing, my hand fell asleep” Kwangmin tried to stay calm when clearly he was scared. 

 

“Eat, eat. I’ll be fine” He used his left arm to give them their chopsticks. Both Youngmin and Yoomi couldn’t stop looking at Kwangmin. Kwangmin quickly signaled Youngmin to distract Yoomi. 

 

“uh….. Yoomi!” Youngmin successfully gained her attention. Kwangmin hurriedly rummaging through his bag looking for his medicine.

 

“Eat your food before it gets cold” Youngmin tried to distract her. Kwangmin successfully got his medicine from his bag.

 

“What are you talking about? The food is supposed to be cold” Yoomi made a face. Kwangmin finally popped the medicine in his mouth. 

 

“Oh true….” Youngmin looked at his brother to make sure he’s okay. Kwangmin nodded. Slowly, his hand went back to normal and slowly picked up the chopstick.

 

“You sure you’re okay?” Yoomi’s eyes were filled with worries. 

 

He smiled at her “Yes I’m fine, now eat” he fed Yoomi a string of noodle. 

 

“Alright, if you say so.” 

 

While Yoomi was pigging out, Youngmin looked at Kwangmin and furrowed his eyebrows. Kwangmin shook his head and put a finger on his lips telling Youngmin to not make it obvious. Youngmin looked at Yoomi before turning his gaze to the noodle. Kwangmin who now had a total control over his right arm looked at Yoomi who was enjoying her meal.

 

“I’m sorry for keeping this secret. But I don’t want to cause you trouble. If anything do happen to me… I would like to spend my last few days seeing you smile only….”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

 

YASSSSSSSS, finallyyyyyyyyyy! A new chapter!!!! yayyyyyyyyy!!!!

 

Stay tune to find out what is happening to Kwangmin.