Life Is Hard

Water Maze

Kwangmin’s POV

 

The next morning, Youngmin and I decided to go to the hospital to get my monthly check up. As of now, you guys must be wondering what is happening to my arms. The fact that they always got bruised up and sometimes went numb is because I have hemophilia. A disorder in which the blood is not functioning like it should be. There is no exact cure for it but treatments will help slow it down. 

 

“Have you been skipping your medicine?” the doctor asked 

 

I lowered my head “I thought I was getting better…..” 

 

“KWANGMIN!” Youngmin screamed 

 

The doctor let out a sigh and looked at my medical chart “It could happen any days now Kwangmin…” My heart dropped. 

 

“You’ve been skipping your medicine. The condition worsened” he continued. My thoughts trailed off to Yoomi. Who is going to be by her side? Who will take care of her? Who will lend her their shoulder when she's down? Who will love her for me? Many questions ran through my mind. Just then, I heard Youngmin’s voice.

 

“How long…..?” Youngmin’s voice trembled. I looked at him, that’s right. You. You. You could be the one to help me take over. You are the only one I could trust to be with Yoomi. 

 

I shifted my eyes to the doctor “I’m not sure. His internal organs are slowly stop working. Any days now and he could possibly has internal bleeding.” I could feel a tear was ready to roll down from my eyes.

 

“Right now, the only way to slow this down is by drinking medicine everyday. I will pump the doze up a bit. Instead of taking 1, take 2” The doctor gave me a new prescription. We got out of the office and I sat down at one of the chairs. 

 

Youngmin sat down next to me “Gonna tell mom and dad?” he asked. 

 

I wiped a tear “I’ll give them a call later” 

 

Youngmin sat back and extended his legs “What about Yoomi?”

 

I gripped onto the prescription tighter. No words came out. Youngmin noticed and placed his hand on my shoulder for comfort. 

 

“Don’t tell her.” I made up my mind.

 

“But she has the right to know.” he sighed.

 

“I know. But I don’t want her to know. Not now at least.” I looked at him.

 

He understood and took the prescription from me. 

 

“Youngmin.” I called his name. He looked at me.

 

“Today will be the last day I will ever get to love Yoomi” I leaned back and closed my eyes.

 

“What do you mean?” he asked confused. 

 

“I’m going to break up with her tonight” I could feel Youngmin’s stare next to me.

 

“What? Are you crazy?” He stood up. 

 

“No. I’m not crazy. I’m serious” I smiled at him “and promise me you will take care of her later.” We started walking home.

 

“NO! Take care of her yourself.” Youngmin was at the verge of crying “you will live happily with her till you both grow old together”.

 

“Youngmin… Don’t. I mean… you guys did meet in the middle of the maze…” I lowered my head and recalled that moment 

 

“Wha-wait what?” Youngmin sounded shock.

 

I looked up “I saw everything that day… You guys met. I saw everything” 

 

“Why didn't you say anything?” he asked 

 

“What’s there for me to say? I was the one that ran off like a…” I sighed “It’s okay Youngmin. I understand”.

 

“No Kwangmin stop. I don’t even like her” I knew he was lying. 

 

“No one understands you more than me” My voice got deeper. “Let’s talk about this another day.” I looked at him. “Gotta pick up Yoomi from work. My last day with her.” I waved at him.

 

“Kwangmin. Please don’t break up with her. She’s too precious and will not be able to handle it!” He warned but I knew what’s best for her. 

 

“Then you go ahead and comfort her. It’s your turn now to replace me.” With that said, i turned my feet and walked the other way to the school. 

 

“Kwangmin!” I could hear my brother screamed my name several times but I decided to ignore his calls. The school wasn’t far from the hospital, as I was walking, I tried to think of the best way to let her go without hurting her but damn, it’s hard to think of one. 

 

“Kwangmin hyung!” I heard someone was calling me, I turned around and realized it was one of Yoomi’s student. I smiled and waved at him. 

 

“Where are you going? Noona is in the classroom.” At that moment, I realized I have walked passed the school. I slowly walked back to the kid and he lead me inside. 

 

“Noona! Kwangmin hyung is here to see you!” Yoomi quickly turned around and smiled at me.