Having Fun. Maybe...

Water Maze

Kwangmin’s POV

 
Walking with Yoomi to her preschool made me think of how happy I was to be with her.  Ever since she first walked into the restaurant, I knew she was the one and I thanked every star that I was getting married, not Youngmin.  I knew she was talking to me on our way there, but I couldn’t hear her.  I could only pay attention to how the sunlight hit her hair just so and how her eyes sparkled as she described her job at the preschool and how- 
 
“Kwangmin?  Kwangmin?” 
 
I shook my head into focus.  “Kwangmin, are you okay?” She tilted her head in concern and reached up to touch my forehead. 
 
“Oh, sorry.  I’m fine.” I gently moved her hand from my head and intertwined my fingers in hers.  She looked surprised, but relaxed with a smile. 
 
“You should go home if you’re tired,” she said. 
 
I smiled and patted her head. “I wouldn’t miss this for the world.  I’m fine.”
 
She narrowed her eyes and grinned. “If you say so…” She nodded her head straight ahead.  “We’re almost there, see it?”  She pulled me along after her and I quickened my pace to catch up.  
 
She dragged me up the steps and opened the door for us.  As I slipped off my shoes, I looked around the room.  “This looks familiar… This is where Youngmin and I went to preschool!” 
 
Yoomi blinked in surprise.  “Really?” 
 
I nodded, still scanning the room.  “Yup.”  I glanced at her. “But we didn’t have a music teacher nearly as good as you,” I gushed.    
 
“You haven’t even seen me do anything!” She turned, but I saw a light blush crawling up her cheeks. “The kids’ classroom is over here.  I teach them in their classroom unless we go outside.” 
 
She led me to the doorway.  “Miss Yoomi!” a girl screamed and scrambled up to hug her legs.  The other students followed her lead and the group of kids squirming to hug her separated us.  
 
She laughed.  “Hi guys!  How are you?”  
 
“We’re fine!” they chirped in unison.  
 
She bent to their level.  “You guys wanna go outside to sing?” 
 
“Yeah!” They pushed past us and hurtled themselves outside.  
 
We watched them stumble out to the front of the school and I shook my head. “You’ve got to be the best teacher.  You let your kids outside for class.”
 
She smiled and glanced outside. “Let’s go!” She grabbed my wrist and led me outside.  
 
The kids surprisingly enough, sat in a circle barely squirming.  Yoomi sat in a spot and patted an empty spot next to her.  I sat hesitantly.   
 
One kid narrowed his eyes suspiciously. “Miss Yoomi, who’s that?”
 
Yoomi smiled. “This is Kwangmin, my friend.  Say hi!” 
 
“Hi!” They waved and I returned it.  
 
A girl slid onto Yoomi’s lap.  “Miss Yoomi, are we going to sing today?” 
 
“Yes!  Now let’s warm up our voices!” The kids sat up and began “Doremifasolatido dotilasofamiredo!” 
 
I watched Yoomi correcting the kids’ posture, telling them to be louder, enunciate better, and a warm glow flowed through me.  She looked so happy with them-
 
“Good job guys!  Now do you remember the song we sang yesterday?”   
 
“Yes!” 
 
She rummaged through her bag. “Okay, then should we sing that one?”
 
“Yes!” 
 
She pulled out a folder.  “Okay, let’s start on one, two, three…”  She and the kids sang together a song I’d never heard before.  Her sweet voice, almost like a trance, followed the beat of all their clapping.  All I could think was how happy I was to have her of all people my fiancée.  
 
I shook my head and they finished the song. “That was great guys!” she gushed. 
 
“Yeah, that was amazing!” I blurted.  The kids squealed in response. 
 
“You want to go in for snacks?  You did really good today!” Yoomi didn’t get a proper answer, the kids scrambled to their feet and tumbled back inside the school.  
 
“Wow, the kids listen to you well,” I said.
 
She nodded her head and grinned. “Yeah, I guess so.” A mischievous glint appeared in her eye. “You should listen to me too,” she said teasingly.  She stood and held out her hand.  I took it and stood.  
 
“Should I?  If I do, will you take care of me like you do for the kids?”  I tried not to smile, but couldn’t help it.
 
“If you act like one and listen to me well, then sure.  Why not?” She turned to go inside. 
 
“Okay then!  I will act like a little kid from now on!” I blocked her from walking and bent to her level in aegyo stance.  “Miss Yoomi!  I’m hungry!  Feed me!  Feed me!” 
 
She giggled. “Stop it Kwangmin, the kids or their teacher might see you!” She lightly pushed my arm away. 
 
“Kwangmin?” 
 
I looked up, surprised. “Youngmin?”
 
Youngmin sauntered over to us.  “I didn’t expect to see you here Kwangmin.”
 
“Youngmin?  What are you doing here?”
 
Yoomi crossed her arms. “Youngmin?” she mumbled.
 
“I was just walking around and I heard some singing and I wanted to know who it was.”  Youngmin ruffled his hair subconsciously.  “But I know it wasn’t you, so I don’t know who else it could be.”  His eyes fell on Yoomi. “Tsk.  Should’ve known,” he said under his breath.
 
“Blond,” she muttered back. 
 
“Yo shortie, what are you doing here anyway?  This is me and Kwangmin’s old preschool.”
 
She glared at Youngmin. “None of your business.”
 
He raised his eyes and nodded, seemingly satisfied.  His eyes narrowed and he bent closer. “Are you trying to seduce my brother?”
 
“You-!” She held a hand a smack him, but I lightly tapped her arm.  I caught her eye and tried to signal we were still at her work.  She lowered it.  “Forget it,” she said, staring at Youngmin. 
 
He met her eyes.  Without missing a beat he smirked. “You go nothing to say because it must be true.” 
 
I moved next to him. “Ya, Youngmin, stop.” 
 
“Youngmin, leave.  This is where I work,” she said calmly.  
 
“Youngmin, please, I’ll see you at home later-”
 
“Sure, but I won’t see her later,” he nodded to Yoomi.  A light glinted in his eye. “Or will I?  Will you make yourself welcome at our house?  Spend the night maybe-” 
 
Yoomi’s hand cracked on Youngmin’s face.  His mouth gaped open and he put a hand to the red mark on his cheek.  “You- Not even parents have slapped me!”
 
Yoomi breathing was hard. “Good, I feel happy that I’m the first to slap you.  You’ve probably deserved it.”  She tilted her head. “Now leave, otherwise I will report you.” 
 
Youngmin’s arm raised.  Without thinking, I stretched out mine just as it came down.  I winced and pulled my arm back.  Youngmin’s face paled.  
 
“Youngmin, just leave.”
 
He reached for my arm. “Kwangmin, are-”
 
“Youngmin.” His eyes fell from mine to my arm.  “I’ll be fine.  Please?”
 
He blinked and nodded.  Yoomi straightened.
 
“I’ll see you later then.”  Youngmin walked back from where he came.  He stopped and looked back.  I nodded.  He looked at the ground, back to me, and kept walking.
 
I turned to Yoomi.  “Yoomi, are you okay?”
 
She sighed. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She forced a smile.  
 
I put a hand on her shoulder. “He can be like that sometimes.  Just because we look the same doesn’t mean we act the same.” I tilted my head. “Unfortunately.”
 
She nodded. “I know.”  She lightly hit my chest.  “I was more worried for you.  Thank you,” she smiled. 
 
“It wasn’t that hard, really.” I grinned. “Let’s go in to see how the kids are doing.”
 
“Good idea,” she laughed.  “So mad I almost forgot.” She hurried up the steps and into the school. 
 
I waited until I saw her disappear down the hall.  I shouldered off my jacket and examined the arm Youngmin hit.  A dark bruise was forming on my forearm.  “Aish,” I muttered, “He barely hit me… I shouldn’t be skipping my medicine… Omma’s going to freak.”  I stuffed my arms through the sleeves as I ran to catch up with Yoomi.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTTAEYO? you guys like it? a little drama over here. heheh
anyways guys, check out TrishTheFish new story. SHINee Jonghyun is in there along with her "boy" Minwoo. :D
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/325668/to-keep-a-life-you-love-drama-jonghyun-minwoo-romance-shinee-boyfriendband
ALSO a shout out to annoyme521. she won the challenge game in Karate Kids :Đ