九 (nine)

Zombie Time

            The two were lying down behind the counter as usual. Key could not sleep so he started playing with Jonghyun’s hands as they were around him (Key). Jonghyun looked down at him and smiled to himself.

            “Can’t sleep?” he asked the younger one.

            “Nope. Too much on my mind.”

            “What’s on your mind?”

            “You...”

            Jonghyun laughed, “Is that a good or bad thing?”

            Key got up and turned to Jonghyun. “I know you said you don’t want anyone to pity you for your past but I can’t help it.” Jonghyun’s face became serious and he looked away from Key. He looked like he was about the start crying.

            Key wrapped his arms around Jonghyun and kissed him. Jonghyun held Key tight to him.

            “Just don’t talk about it and all will be fine,” Jonghyun said then closed his eyes and fell asleep.

 

 

There came two loud bangs from the ceiling and everyone froze in their place not daring to move.

            “They can’t be on the roof... can they?” Luna asked quietly. Minho and Jonghyun shooked their heads no and slowly started to move towards the exit with their guns.

            They peaked their heads out the backdoor making sure it was clear to get to the ladder that lead to the top of the building. It was clear and they ran for it, got on the ladder, and started climbing.

            Jonghyun peaked over the top and saw two figures standing there. Just standing there but they were definitely not them. He slowly climbed more up and Minho followed.

            We could totally be spies, Jonghyun thought to himself as he stood up on the ceiling raising his gun. “Who are you?” Jonghyun asked in a frightening tone and the two turned around slowly.

            Jonghyun and Minho immediately put down their guns and smiled. Jonghyun walked and embraced them. “Cheondung, Joon, what are you doing here?”

            “It’s a funny story...” Joon said smiling and glancing at Cheondung.

            “Come inside... we can talk about it there,” Minho said and they all descended the ladder and quickly went back into the building.

 

“So now that everyone knows each other... how about that ‘funny story’,” Jonghyun said sitting next to Key and across from Joon and Cheondung.

            “Well Jonghyun, Minho...” Joon started, “Ever since you two were young, the Colony has been looking over you, especially when your family died Jonghyun. Anyways, when you two first came in, they implanted GPS tracking chips into you so we would always know where you are and how you are.”

            “So we’ve been stalked our whole life?” Minho asked feeling a little violated now.

            Joon nodded, “Pretty much... However, it was all for your safety, your parents, Jonghyun, just wanted to make sure you were safe in case anything happened to them. They made the same deal for Minho because they knew you two were such close friends and that you two would be together, as friends, for your whole life.”

            “Because of those chips, we found out where you all were and were ordered to come get you,” Cheondung said looking at everyone.

            “Don’t you think you guys are kinda late on the whole rescue?” Amber asked crossing her arms.

            “Yeah but we had a lot of to deal with back home in America.” Joon explained. “Especially trying to keep those dead things from getting into the Colony.”

            “So they’re all over the world and not just here?” Luna asked and the two nodded.

            Taemin raised his hand to talk, “What’s ‘the Colony’ you keep mentioning?”

            “It’s a small, heavily guarded colony where specialist in medicine, government, agriculture, military, and all those things live as a backup in case anything happened to the human race.” Jonghyun answered in the best way possible.

            “So it’s just a small town with smart people and the best protection incase anything happens to the world... like zombies?” Taemin asked trying to clarify.

            “Yes,” Jonghyun said, “My great-grandfather started it and ever since it was passed down in the family. They aren’t going to give me the rights to it until I’m 30.”

            “That’s how your parents died?” Key asked.

            Jonghyun nodded barely, “People didn’t like the idea of keeping things from them and the Colony in general because they weren’t being protected, they didn’t feel like it was fair.”

            Joon clapped his hands. “Now that that’s over let’s get out of here.”

            “Easier said than done,” Key said to himself and rolled his eyes.

            “We have a plane waiting for us at the airport, it’s packed and ready to go,” Cheondung said standing up and getting his guns. Everyone else got up and quickly packed the things they needed.

            Jonghyun grabbed a two large bag and filled it with all the guns, weapons, ammo that he had. He carried one and gave the other bag to Minho.

            “Everyone ready?” Joon asked while standing at the door. Everyone nodded but right before they left Cheondung stopped them and looked at Jonghyun.

            “Jonghyun, where’s my sister?” he asked and Jonghyun froze.


Hi everyone quick update because I thought it would be nice to give you guys something (for my birthday ^w^) because I feel bad for not updating ... sorry that I havent been active for like the last 2 months ... I have so much (projects) going on at school that it takes up my whole day/week for the past 2 months but it should be over in a week or so (I hate magnet school) ... so be expecting more chapters to this one and my other stories. Thank you *bows* !!