It's you.

War

 

She coughed feebly, her dry lips uttering pleas and prayers as they slowly closed in on her. Deep inside, she knew she could no longer fight back. She would no longer be able to escape from their hands. Her shaking fingers clung on tightly to the two broken halves of the ring in her pocket, holding in tight in her closed fist. The tears that she had held back for so long, finally rolled down her ashen face. She shut her eyes as she felt them come scarily close.
 
Her eyes shut tightly, her cheek now stained with tears as they trickled down helplessly before falling onto the ground. Her will has fallen, plunging into the abyss. Her body seemed not to respond to her command, lying helpless on the floor,just like a rag doll.
 
I guess it's over. Haneul, Ka eul, please be safe. Eomma has let you down. Baekhyun, I am sorry that I didn't keep my promise. Please take care of our children. They need you. I guess this is goodbye. Thank you for everything, I love you. 
 
"Kamin!" Just as she was preparing for the worst, she vaguely heard a familiar voice from not far away that soothed her frightened heart, gently comforting it. Baekhyun? She opened her eyes, just to see a seemingly familiar figure through her tear-soaked eyes.
 
He drew out his gun and fired three daring shots. Kamin vaguely heard three thuds, probably the enemies who got wounded before the shuffling of feet as she met eyes with a pair of worried mesmerizing dark black eyes. 
 
"Baekhyun?" she whispered, unable to believe her eyes.
 
"Yes...yes, it's me." He answered,his expression soft and gentle as he held her in his arms for the first time after the war started.
 
Tears sprung from her eyes as she slowly intertwined her hands with his, feeling the familiar electricity running through her body. 
 
"It's you, it's really...really you. I thought you..." she sobbed as she held her hand to his cheek. 
 
He clasped his hand over hers, comforting her as he wiped away tears from her pale cheeks gently. 
 
"Kamin... I am so sorry for leaving you. I am to be blamed for causing you to be in this state. You are so severely hurt. I can never forgive myself for this." Baekhyun whispered as he looked at her covered with gashes which spilled blood that stained her pale back a ruby red. Her leg had a wound, obviously sustained from a gunshot. 
 
Kamin shook her head as she uttered words of comfort and reassurance. 
 
"It's okay, I am fine. As long as you are here, Baekhyun, I would be fine. These injuries are nothing, really. See? My leg is fine." she moved her leg slightly only to wince in pain as an excruciating pain shot through her leg. 
 
 
 
 
comments are appreciated!