Chapter 4: Fights and struggles

War

 

BAEKHYUN
 
"Yah!" I shouted, dropping my rifle as a arm hooked around my neck, cutting off my oxygen supply with its vise-like grip. Throwing him down, he hissed at me as he drew out a short dagger from his waist belt. I knocked him against the tree before taking advantage of this opportunity to grab my gun and shot him, the bullet piercing through his arteries, causing blood to splatter onto me. 
 
With a thumping heart, I continued onwards, wiping the specks of blood from my face. 
 
"Baekhyun, watch out!" Minho suddenly pushed me away as he tackled another enemy hidden in the trees, shooting him in his abdomen and left him writhing in agony on the ground.
 
 "Let's go. We can't afford to stay here for too long. They have started to move towards the city. A few groups of them have entered the main city. But our soldiers have already made their way there as fast as they could. Byun, stay focus. Don't lose it. Keep your mind with me, okay?" Minho said breathlessly as we tracked our way to the cove. There was ammunition there for us to refill the bullets.  
 
"Don't worry. Kamin and your kids would be fine." He added, giving my shoulder a reassuring firm squeeze. I flinched in pain. Rolling up my blood-stained sleeve, I found a deep gash in my arm. 
 
"Aish. It must be..." I muttered to myself as I ripped off some cloth from my pants, wrapping it around my arm. Kamin used to help me bandage my wounds. I hope she's safe now. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to her. I my ring, brushing off any dirt that had accumulated on it. The ring was the only thing I could bring to war; it was a form of comfort and encouragement. It represented Kamin and a reminder to go back alive. 
 
"Come on. We still have a long way to go." Minho urged me on as the red sun begun to set. The cove had to be our station for the night.