Confessions

Found Truths

A/N: HEY I'M BACK PEOPLE. I'm sorry for the long wait, but here it is! I know its rather lengthy >< Hope you enjoy it!

------------------------------------

The shrill ringing of the school bell pierced the air, signalling the end of Mrs. Park’s lesson. To Jiyong, it was an end to his embarrassment and misery. For the past forty minutes, he could feel the icy cold stares coming from Minzy like arrows encased in ice, penetrating into his soul and freezing it up. On the other hand, Seungri had been giving Jiyong rather suggestive looks, making the poor blond squirm under his gaze as he struggled to keep a straight face throughout the discussion. It was a form of silent torture for Jiyong, and it was as if his prayers were answered when the bell finally chimed. The bell makes such a wonderful sound, Jiyong thought.

“All right, that’s all for today. We’ll start with some minor presentations next week, so get ready by then,” Mrs. Park announced whilst arranging her notes into a neat stack. Upon hearing the news, Jiyong let out an audible sigh.

“Great, we did nothing. All because of him,” Jiyong mumbled to himself, his expression overcast and weary. He trudged to his seat with languid footsteps and, not bothering to arrange anything, threw all his stationery and materials into his bag pack, before hoisting the canvas up to his shoulder.

“You ready to go?”

A familiar voice appeared behind Jiyong, and said person immediately spun around. Seungri was there all right, appearing to be cool and all with his bag slinked over his shoulder. Jiyong scoffed and put on the most annoyed expression he could ever make, hoping to make the other notice his displeasure. Sadly, it did not happen. Seungri just flashed his usual happy-go-lucky smile, and that smile certainly was highly contagious, as Jiyong’s features softened almost immediately, and a grin slowly appeared on his face. They both laugh for a while, before heading towards the school entrance.

Jiyong’s POV

The atmosphere in the car is immensely tense, and I cannot help but cough or adjust my position every few minutes to help ease a little of the awkwardness. I expected Seungri to, you know, say something, or maybe tease me about what happened earlier. But he doesn’t. He just sits like a rock beside me, silent and still, his gaze fixed outside the window. He has a hand tucked under his chin, looking as if he is mulling over something.

I click my tongue, shifting my attention to the view outside the car. We pass by the same scenery I’ve seen every day – a plethora of greenery and infrastructure appearing as a blur. I begin to think about it, think about what happened in class. It was a complete shock – even for me at least - to have confronted Minzy like that. She must be embarrassed and angry and frustrated and feeling totally defeated, but who cares? I got Seungri back on my side, and that’s all that it matters.

Speaking of him, he’s still there in his own world. The smirk hasn’t been wiped off though, and truthfully he looks kind of erted. But that’s what’s cute about him, eh? I stare at the man before me, the one I’ve fallen in love with. He’s my friend, my saviour, and the one I truly want to live with forever. It certainly intrigues me even, how he could make himself revolve in my mind day and night. I know jealousy overpowers everything, and it did certainly make an impact today. It is today that I find out that I would do almost anything to get this guy to want me. Anything. Never have I been so desperate for someone’s love. Well, perhaps the lack of love during my childhood, the period which I needed love and care and concern the most, make up much of the reason. And seeing him come to my group today boosted my confidence, that hey, maybe he does like me after all, even if it’s only a little.

Exasperated by the silence, I ask, “What are you smiling at? You’ve been smiling for almost half the day already.”

“Nothing much, really,” He turns to face me for a second, and then he shifts back into his original position. “Just feeling happy, you know. You know it. It’s about what happened earlier.”

Happy? Is he glad that I pulled him back? That I displayed my emotions openly? What is he happy about? I need the answer, right now.

“E-Erm... Happy about what?”

He says nothing, but just a moment later, he starts cracking up. He laughs so hard that I suspect that he has been suppressing that bubble of laughter from school, up to this point. I’m extremely confused. What was so funny about it? Is he mocking me? He calms down after a while, dabbing at his eyes with the back of his hand. He says,

“I just find it too funny, Jiyong. Sorry, but it was –“

He never finished his sentence. He begins to laugh again, taking heaps of air into his lungs. I feel so devastated, I stop speaking. This says a lot, doesn’t it? I settle back to my seat, my arms falling to my sides as I exhale sharply, trying to register what has just happened. I was wrong. Completely, utterly, unmistakeably wrong. Seungri did not smile because he was happy that I voiced out just to have him. He smiled because he thinks it was a joke. He thinks what I did was funny, and all that drama was indeed a good show for him and everyone else. And that really hurt my feelings.

I don’t hear his laughter anymore; I just concentrated on the thoughts in my head. I know it’s bad to be thinking negatively, but I can’t help it. I should have known that this love thing isn’t going to be mutual. Like, come on, Seungri’s like the most popular guy in school. He’s got good grades, people queuing to get into his good books, and girls who will willingly throw themselves at him, like Minzy.  He has no time to deal with me - a casual pick-up from the street that he pitied at that second, and the one who shamelessly fought with another girl in class just to see who ‘won’. I’m pathetic, and I know it. Seungri will never like me. There are much more beautiful fishes in the sea, and I’m not the only tree in the forest. I know it. What’s more, I’m a guy, for goodness’ sake! It’s just so wrong. With better choices, I hardly stand a chance at all.

I look at my reflection in the window pane. My heart hurts so badly. It’s throbbing with a numb pain, and I feel so broken all of a sudden. I finally experience the true feeling of heartbreak. Give up, I tell myself. Keep your feelings to yourself, and don’t make things awkward for others. So what if you take the first step and confessed? Nothing would change. Something worse might happen, so don’t take the risk.

I feel a hand tighten at my shoulder. I come to my senses, and beside me is Seungri, his face tightened into an emotion I don’t remember seeing before. He stares at me, and I try my hardest to swallow back the oncoming tears. I look away and yank away his hand. I bite down on my lower lip forcefully, as if my life depends on it. I can feel his body getting nearer to mine, and I scoot away as far as I can, to the point where my arm is crushed against the side of the car. I close my eyes, and as he moves away slowly, the tears that threatened to fall finally escaped my eyes.

He’ll never like me.

Never, at least in this lifetime.

Back to third person’s POV

Seungri was downright puzzled. Jiyong had been acting fine just five minutes ago, and now he was just sulking and ignoring him all together... again. Did he say something wrong? Wait, he did not really say anything at all. And were those tears that he saw?

The car came to a stop outside the mansion. Seungri watched Jiyong’s every step carefully, as the latter stepped out of the car slowly, before turning around abruptly to face him. Seungri stared, wide-eyed. Jiyong’s face was streaked with tears, and his raven eyes were becoming waterfalls as he continued to stand there, unmoving. His mouth hung slightly open as he tried to catch his breath from crying so hard. He bore such a gloomy expression; Seungri felt his heart ache terribly at the sight.

All of a sudden, Jiyong squeezed his eyes shut and bowed. “I’m sorry!” He yelled. “I’m sorry for being so pathetic, sorry for every trouble I caused you, sorry for acting so possessive all the time, sorry for... I-I, you-“Before Seungri could even respond, Jiyong grabbed his backpack and ran inside the house, going right upstairs. Seungri was beyond surprised; his mouth remained wide agape at the scene that replayed again and again in his head. The sight of Jiyong crying miserably in front of him wasn’t the point. It was as though he felt every emotion of Jiyong through his outburst. The unhappiness, the anger, the helplessness... and the love.  He felt the love involved in his action, and that was enough to send Seungri sprinting through the halls.

--

Upon entering his room, Jiyong locked the door swiftly behind him. He staggered forward for another few steps and reached the dressing table, where he slammed his hands down onto the wood. He cried again, standing hunched over, so he couldn’t see his reflection in the mirror. He was too ashamed to see himself like this, crying like a fool and for a love with no hope of requital. He decided that Seungri would probably chase him out a few days later, being tired of his nonsense and all.

Jiyong was so absorbed in all the crying and thinking; he did not hear the sound of a lock clicking behind him. Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms envelope him from behind, and his back hit a warm chest. He gasped plainly out of surprise, and he looked up and into the mirror, only to see the reflection of Seungri’s figure behind him. He could not move, not with Seungri’s strong embrace around him.

“S-Seungri...W-what are you...“ Jiyong whimpered. He certainly did not expect this at all. Seungri hugged him even harder, and Jiyong could feel himself sinking deeper and deeper into his infatuation with the man. This isn’t real...I must be dreaming, right? Seungri wouldn’t...

“Jiyong...tell me what’s wrong. Why are you crying?” Seungri whispered softly into Jiyong’s left ear. Jiyong shivered, biting his lip. He didn’t know how to respond. What could he say? That he was jealous, he was disappointed? That would be an even bigger joke.

And so he didn’t respond. Seungri wouldn’t give up like that. With just a single move, he had Jiyong pinned against the wall, his leg sliding in between Jiyong’s calves.  Jiyong blushed; noticing the intimate position Seungri had put them in. His eyes darted everywhere as he tried pushing the younger away from him, but of course, to no avail.

Left with no choice, Jiyong whined, “Why are you doing this? Let me go already – you’re hurting my wrist!”

“No, I won’t. I want to be cruel for once. You better tell me what is going on, Jiyong, or else...” threatened Seungri, a sharp edge at the end of his voice. A chill went up Jiyong’s spine. He felt apprehensive about this. “Or else...?”

Seungri’s frown was gone and replaced with an evil smirk.

“Or I’ll trap you like this forever.”

“What –“

“Tell me, Jiyong,” Seungri cooed gently, using his thumb and index finger to hold Jiyong’s chin so as to remain eye contact with him. Jiyong’s vision hazed. At that moment, Seungri’s eyes were like black holes swallowing him whole. He was like a puppet, his actions controlled by strings held by the puppeteer. His throat felt dry, like he didn’t drink for days. This is terrible.

“I...I was angry. And upset.” Jiyong admitted in a small voice. He expected Seungri to laugh, but he didn’t.

“With?”

“You, and...Myself, included,” Jiyong continued. “You think it’s funny that I got jealous of Minzy, and that I actually made a nuisance of myself. I’m pretty depressed about that, you know,” Jiyong lowered his gaze, just as Seungri release his hold on him. “And when I thought about how I would never stand a place in your heart, I become frustrated and annoyed. But I have myself to blame too, not just you alone. All this could have been avoided, if o-only...”

Jiyong looked at Seungri again. He still lacked the courage to confess his feelings, but he gained assurance from those eyes looking at him adoringly. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. To hell with it.

“If only...I didn’t love you.”

Just then, something soft landed on Jiyong’s lips. Jiyong’s eyes flew open, and there it was – Seungri’s face an inch away from his, his eyes closed. Seungri was kissing him, and Jiyong couldn’t believe it. He no longer had the strength to push him away, and so he gave in to his desires, his eyes fluttering close as the pressure on his lips increased. He kissed back, hard, and soon he felt arms wrap around him once again, bringing him closer to Seungri. He wrapped his around Seungri, feeling the need to be as close to him as possible, and to feel Seungri’s need for him.

Jiyong’s heart pumped faster by the minute, and he was getting dizzy. Yet, Seungri advanced further by nibbling on the other’s rosy lip, making Jiyong gasp. Seungri then took the chance to invade his mouth, and they’re soon pressed into a battle of dominance as their tongues engaged in an intricate dance. Jiyong couldn’t keep his voice in; he let out a small moan by accident, and that did not go unnoticed by Seungri. It pleased him greatly knowing Jiyong was enjoying the kiss, but the fact that Jiyong loved him too was such pleasant news for him.

They finally broke the kiss after a while, both desperately in need of air. Seungri grinned at the sight of Jiyong’s lips being slightly bruised by their earlier activity. Jiyong, however, was greatly embarrassed, and kept his gaze on the floor instead. Seungri held his hand.

“Listen to this carefully, alright? And I want you to believe every word I say, because they come from my heart, right here,” Seungri spoke tenderly, placing Jiyong’s hand on his chest. Jiyong could feel every beat of Seungri’s palpating heart, thumping fast yet steadily. He was glad that Seungri didn’t feel his, because Seungri would surely rush him to a hospital right away.

“I love you, since a long time ago. You might not believe this, but I really did like you the second I saw you. You looked so vulnerable and alone, and you really weren’t in a good state, but there was something about you that seemed so special.” Special. Jiyong remembered that word.

“I decided to keep my feelings from you, because I was afraid that I might scare you, and you might run away. I couldn’t afford that, and I can’t afford that now,” Seungri cradled the back of Jiyong’s head. “I laughed in the car, because I found you too adorable. It just makes me happy thinking about how you desperately wanted me to be in your group. I feel loved. And I was so worried when you suddenly became quiet.”

Seungri pecked Jiyong on the forehead, before bringing him into his arms. “Don’t ever leave me, okay? And tell me when something’s wrong, because I won’t know. I’m not clairvoyant, you know,” Seungri chuckled. Jiyong nodded, still feeling rather light-headed.

“So...you’re mine now, right?”

Jiyong’s cheeks flushed crimson. He remained silent and hugged Seungri even tighter. Seungri smiled.

Some things just don’t need an answer.

------------------------------------

I really hope you guys liked this chapter!! I felt that Jiyong's emotions and feelings would be better expressed being in his POV so I had to do it. Hope you guys are happy with this and don't worry, I'll definitely reveal that secret soon. Drop a comment below, I appreciate it :) Stay tuned guys, and thank you for reading! Crimsonn