Glad

Found Truths

A/N: Hello people! Our favourite TOP has come to meet Jiyong!

________

 

“Ah, he’s here,” Seungri chirped, “I’ve asked my friend to have a study session with me today. I didn’t have the chance to tell you earlier… You won’t mind, right?”

Jiyong gave a slight nod, inwardly sighing. He was hoping to make use of the day to get to know Seungri more, after all. And now his chance had to be taken away by someone he didn’t even know… Jiyong couldn’t help but be a little upset. There was nothing else he could do, other than showing that he was in approval. He smiled grimly, putting his utensils down.

The door opened. A canister boot came into view, and then a tall, built figure. Like Seungri, his hair sported the same shade of brown, and he wore a grey shirt under a leather jacket, accompanied by a pair of light blue jeans. The figure glanced around, and then waved in the direction of Jiyong. When his eyes did meet Jiyong’s though, an eyebrow rose dramatically.

“Come in, Seunghyun,” Seungri stood up, walking towards the taller man. “Let me introduce you to my friend!”

Jiyong rose to his feet as well, taking small steps towards where the other two men were. He was hesitant about meeting the stranger. It’s so weird meeting someone new here in this house…What would he think if he knew that I’m living with Seungri? He bit his lip nervously, settling down beside Seungri on the couch.

Seeing the questioning looks on the two, Seungri cleared his throat and began the introduction. “This is Seunghyun. He’s my best buddy since elementary school, and we’re in the same classes now. His other name is TOP, becau-“

“I’m top in everything^,” The guy – TOP – interrupted, a smirk tugging on the end of his lips. Jiyong tried hard to restrain himself from scoffing, instead managing a polite smile, his nails digging desperately into his palm. Seungri, however, laughed along with Seunghyun’s joke, hitting him lightly on his shoulder. After a few words exchanged, Seungri began,

“And this is Jiyong. I won’t elaborate much, but he’s staying with me now. That means you’ll be seeing him every time you come here.”

Seunghyun looked surprised at the mention of Jiyong’s name, turning his gaze to him. Jiyong squirmed uncomfortably, and the brown-haired caught the hint, shifting his attention to Seungri, who wore an exceptionally bright grin.

After a number of weak rejections by Seunghyun to eat breakfast with them, they finally sat down at the table. Silence hung heavily in the air; the trio had little conversation, and most of the time it was only Seungri and Seunghyun making random remarks of how they spent their school holidays. Jiyong picked at his food, and even if Seungri tried to include him in the discussion, he would give short replies, and then go back to taking tiny bites of the now tasteless meal.   

“I…I better get back to my room for now. Please enjoy the rest of your breakfasts,” Jiyong could not stand the awkwardness anymore. He gave a curt bow before retreating upstairs, practically running. Seungri gave an apologetic look, while Seunghyun simply shook his head, taking another bite.

--

Jiyong hung the wet towel around his neck, whistling softly as he reached the first level. He plopped himself down on the velvet armchair, letting the cool air relax his entire being as he took several deep breaths. Looking around, he realized that there was nothing much to do in the house, and he certainly did not want to go out without notifying Seungri.

At the thought of his name, Jiyong became curious of where the owner and his friend were. He mentioned that they were going to study… Jiyong stood up and started to roam about the residence. Soon, he heard voices coming from behind a slightly ajar door, and he began to tiptoe across the marble floor.

Peering in, he saw shelves and shelves of books surrounding Seungri and Seunghyun as they sat across each other, scribbling hastily onto pieces of paper. Every now and then, Seunghyun would grab a book and point at something with his pen, and Seungri would nod and say words of thanks before focusing on his own work.

Jiyong stared at Seungri, tracing every bit of his expression. His face was contorted in concentration, his brows furrowed slightly as he paused briefly in his writing, before moving his hand again. The way he sits, the way he holds his pen, the way he would smile when Seunghyun says something funny – all these made Jiyong mesmerized.

Ugh I’m doing it again!

Jiyong extracted himself from the doorway, rubbing his temples as he tried to clear his mind. Why was he always thinking of such things? He could not comprehend his own thoughts about the younger man, and this was slowly getting to him. Living here is a challenge, he thought, wincing.

Sighing yet again, he was about to return to his room, when the mention of his name caught his attention. Jiyong’s eyes lighted up.  He leaned against the wall carefully, awaiting the rest of the conversation.

In the room

“So…Jiyong huh?” Seunghyun murmured, eyes still fixed on his assignment.

“Yeah, it’s Jiyong.” Seungri replied, picking up his cup to take a sip of coffee.

“So you finally found hi-“

“Don’t be too loud!” Seungri threw his pen down, surprisingly the other as the offending object travelled across the table. The sight of Seungri being flustered is definitely a rare one, Seunghyun thought, amused. Seungri regained his composure, mumbling a ‘sorry’ before placing his cup down carefully. “I just don’t want him to hear us.”

“Sheesh, alright,” Seunghyun exhaled, running a hand through his hair. “But you must be real happy when you found him, no?”

Seungri remained silent for a while, staring at the papers in front of him. He did not know how to reply to Seunghyun’s question. Of course, he was thankful that he had found Jiyong, but remembering what he had gone through made his heart ache. He cursed himself repeatedly after hearing Jiyong’s experiences, thinking I could have found him earlier, so that he would not have suffered that much.

Seeing as though his friend was in a daze, Seunghyun got ready to aim his pen at his head, when Seungri looked up.

“Guess I am…” Seungri spoke gently, “What I am glad now is that he is safe and sound, and away from all the troubles he had faced.”

Upon hearing Seungri’s words, Seunghyun’s mouth formed a soundless ‘o’, retracting his hand from mid-air. He passed Seungri’s pen back to him, and the two of them resumed their studying.

Outside the room

Jiyong felt confused. Why would Seungri be happy to find a frail-looking teenager dying on the streets? And why does Seunghyun seem to know him? Although Jiyong was heartened to hear Seungri’s response, there were still questions whirling in his pool of thoughts.

He heard a deep chuckle, and then a change of topic quickly established. Jiyong slowly walked away from the room, his head hung low. What he did not notice, was the squeak of a door and a certain man eyeing his back as he leaves…

--

“I’ll see you in school soon, Ri. Thanks for letting me come here,” said Seunghyun as he buckled up the last buckle on his boots, standing up at full height to face Jiyong and Seungri. Seungri and he gave each other a pat on the arm, and the latter turned to face the stoic Jiyong.

“Nice meeting you too, Jiyong,” Seunghyun winked, sending shivers up Jiyong’s spine. “Guess we’ll have a lot more chances seeing each other again.”

I’d rather not see you, Jiyong thought, his eyes flashing daggers for a second before switching to his usual pleasant disposition. With a final goodbye, Seungri and Jiyong were alone.

“You don’t seem to like him too much, yeah?” Seungri mused.

“It’s not like that… I just don’t know him well,” Jiyong protested, pouting cutely. He saw Seungri open his mouth as if to speak, but it closed a second after. He tilted his head slightly as he saw Seungri turn away abruptly, and then met eyes with him again.

“W-well…he’s my buddy, so we’ll definitely have a chance to meet up again. You two can get to know each other better.”

Seeing the look of aghast on Jiyong’s face, Seungri laughed heartily, triggering Jiyong’s laughter as well.

I’m so glad to be here.

______________

Hope you all liked it! Do leave your comments <33333, and thank you for reading~~

Btw, ^ refers to a GOshow reference XD (It's a variety show that BigBang attended)