Realisations

Found Truths

A/N: Aloha! Chapter 7 yeahhhhhhh. By the way, this chapter isn't a continuation from last chapter. The earliest scenario(the studying) in this chapter took place about 1 week after what happened in the previous chapter. Hehe ^^

---------------

It was half past three, and Seungri and Jiyong were just getting started with their homework. There was complete silence in the room, save for the scribbling of pens and the occasional tapping of feet. Jiyong just couldn’t stand it. As ironic as it sounds, he needed some sort of distraction to keep him focused! He dropped his pen in exasperation, blowing his bangs to one side to see what the other was doing. Unlike him, Seungri was entirely focused in his work, not even noticing the emphasized sighs of frustration made by the blond.

How can he even focus in such an environment, it’s annoyingly quiet… Jiyong thought, his face transforming into a deep scowl. As he continued to survey the other, he began to think and reflect about things; from the littlest to the more significant happenings in his life so far. However, no matter how vast his thoughts were, it would somehow end up revolving around a certain charismatic and charming figure, who is, sitting across Jiyong at that very moment.

Seungri.  

Jiyong would rather die than admit it, but for the past week, his mind was clogged with absolutely nothing else but the benefactor of his life. He felt that with every second spent with him, he would find himself delving deeper into some sort of fascination and admiration – even a form of liking, for the man. He could never understand how the simple words and actions of Seungri’s can make his heart be on a roller coaster ride. He could never know how, that when Seungri accidentally make body contact with him, the spot where they touched could burn so deliciously. He could never, ever know how to avoid turning into a mush when Seungri use that rich, sultry voice of his to teach him something whilst having their faces pressed closely side by side.

And he certainly could never know how to not like Seungri.

Jiyong desperately wove his hand through his hair, creating a tousled mess. Exhaling heavily, his eyes landed on Seungri once again. It’s his entire fault for being so nice; it’s hard to not fall for him. Damn, he isn’t helping me in any way, always initiating those affectionate gestures… He pursed his lips and folded his arms, as the images of Seungri patting his head intrude his mind.

At this point, Seungri looked up to find Jiyong staring into space, an attractive frown decorating his face. Cute, he thought, slightly amused by the sight. Taking a pen, he moved carefully before hitting the tip of it onto Jiyong’s forehead, making Jiyong fall back in surprise.

“What were you doing?! You scared me!” Jiyong barked, rubbing his forehead in small circles as he glared at Seungri with immense intensity. The said man just laughed, his grin stretched from ear to ear as he teased Jiyong, “That’s my question. Just what were you thinking about; you didn’t even notice my movements! Oh…were you thinking about your hilarious reactions when you were playing Slender-“

“Not that again!” A flustered Jiyong threw a nearby cushion in Seungri’s direction, and Seungri caught it with ease, still sporting that stupid grin. The cheeky owner had persuaded Jiyong into trying out the horror game, and it was one thing that Jiyong regretted agreeing to. Jiyong blushed when he thought about what he did that night - clutching onto Seungri for dear life when that faceless man came up on the screen, along with the disturbing noises of static. Jiyong had planted his head right onto Seungri’s shoulder as the younger tried to calm him down with a soothing palm down his back, and they stayed in that position for at least ten minutes. Ten humiliating minutes. To make matters worse, Seungri had been using it to every now and then.

“Your reaction was really funny; I should have recorded it down!” Seungri continued in a bright, cheerful tone, his eyes gleaming with joy.

“It was just a reaction! I’m sure every other who played it would act the same way as me. It’s a nasty shenanigan you pulled up on me; you ought to be ashamed about it!” Jiyong retorted, his face reddened by the embarrassment he felt.

“How is that considered a shenanigan? It was a friendly offer!”

By now, the two of them were trying not to let out the slightest of a smile as they continued their childish bicker. Both of them appreciated such things once in a while as a way to strengthen their friendship, but unknown to Seungri, perhaps – Jiyong wasn’t doing it just for that. He truly enjoyed every single conversation with this guy. A moment later, Jiyong stood up abruptly.

“Forget about that incident already! I’m never going to be persuaded into another game, that’s my conclusion. Ugh, I need a glass of water. You’re simply impossible!” Jiyong hid his face from view as he exited hurriedly, but that radiant smile was not able to escape from Seungri’s sharp eyes.

As Jiyong shut the door behind him, he heard a chuckle coming right from the room. He beamed impossibly wide.

“Maybe…Seungri likes me a little too…?”

--

It was yet another morning at SR Academy, and as usual, the classroom was flooded with endless conversations as gossips and rumors spread like wildfire among the small groups scattered around. Of course, Jiyong, Seungri, Seunghyun and Taeyang were gathered at a corner just like every other day, talking about having to visit Seunghyun’s house one day to see his bear collection. After almost two weeks of interaction with Seunghyun, Jiyong was finally more comfortable with him, finding him a little interesting even. The quartet was having a lively conversation, when a certain individual popped out.

“Hey! May I join you guys? What are y’all talking about?” Dara poked her head into the half-formed circle, rubbing shoulders with Seungri. The latter responded with a disgusted look, in which Dara took no notice of, instead looking at Jiyong straight. Dara had a glint of mischief in her eye, a look of smug evident on her powder-caked face as she smirked with arrogance. Jiyong was used to her antics, and hence paid her no attention as the boys went back to their original topic.

Just then, Jiyong felt something being roughly shoved into his pocket. Turning back, he saw Dara’s hand sneakily retreat, her proud look still present as she walked off. Jiyong took a quick glance around before diving into his pocket, only to find a crumpled piece of paper with a few messy, nearly illegible words written on it. He smoothed out the creases carefully.

“I’ll show you what Seungri really likes. You’ll see.”

Jiyong snorted. I guess it’s just another trick of hers to get Seungri to like her, he thought. But something was still not right though. Show him what Seungri really likes? What is the meaning of that? Jiyong scratched his head as he tried to look out for Dara, only to find her chatting and laughing heartily with a group of girls by her side.

Oh well, I guess I shouldn’t mull over it too much. She’ll come bother me again sometime soon, I’ll ask her then. Jiyong reassured himself, pushing the matter to the back of his mind.

“Class, settle down! Get back to your seats,” Tablo’s voice sent the whole class scurrying to their desks. After the marking of attendance and the commencement of school, Jiyong had already forgotten all about what Dara had written for him. But Dara didn’t.

--

“It’s time for lunch! Let’s go Jiyong, I’m starved to death, and hearing Mrs. Park talk the whole lesson just made my hunger worse,” said Taeyang as he sprawled across the table in a comical way, looking very tired. Jiyong simply grinned and nodded, heading towards where Seungri was situated. With a gentle tap on the shoulder, he asked, “Wanna go for lunch?”

Seungri replied, “Of course, let’s -“

“Seungri Oppa!”

A raven-haired girl magically appeared beside them, a book clutched tightly in her hands. She battered her eyelashes as she gazed right into Seungri’s eyes, a hopeful look on her face. She was dressed the same way as Dara did, except that she had short hair and maybe too much accessories dangling off her wrists and clothes. Jiyong took a while to identify her. Yes, the one who always hangs out with Dara...Minzy!

“What’s up, Minzy?” Seungri asked, flashing his million-dollar smile.

“I thought we had an agreement earlier, you were supposed to guide me through this book during lunch today…you didn’t forget, did you Oppa?” Minzy pouted, fidgeting around.

“Oh yes, I almost forgot. Sorry Minzy…wait a second,” Seungri replied, turning to Jiyong. “I guess I won’t be able to join you all for lunch, enjoy yourselves!”

“A-alright…” said Jiyong as he eyed the two of them walking towards the garden, with laughter and smiles and all. He didn’t recall Seungri mentioning this to him, and usually, Seungri would tell Jiyong almost everything that happened during classes. Weird.

“Hey! I’m starving man, let’s go!” Taeyang hollered from the doorway.

“I-I’m coming!” said Jiyong, rushing to where Taeyang was. As they walked down to the cafeteria, Jiyong saw the duo sitting closely side by side on a wooden bench. Seungri appeared to be in conversation with Minzy while acting animatedly, his exaggerated hand actions seemingly bringing jubilant smiles onto Minzy’s face. Seeing that, Taeyang’s chatter could not be heard anymore. The looks of vibrancy on their faces made Jiyong feel a deep, intense pang of jealousy.

---------------------------------------

A has begun~ I'll be including more of Hurt/Comfort themes and fluff in the next 2 chapters, heheh.

You can say I'm heavily addicted to Pewdiepie/Cry nowaways, thus the Slender reference lolols.

Anyways from now on I'll try and reply to each and every comment, so that I can show my appreciation for you readers too~ Do write down anything you like/dislike/just feel like writing :) Thank you all so much for the comments, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Crimsonn