A friend...an enemy?

Found Truths

A/N: Hello guys! I'm here with a new chapter :)

-------------

Jiyong stared at the sight before him. Seungri have just called him downstairs to the living room, but he himself was nowhere nearby. Instead, there were blazers, dress shirts, trousers, and ties neatly folded and arranged on the coffee table. Scratching his head, he precariously picked up one of the blazers, and an iron-on patch instantly came into view.

“This looks familiar…I’ve seen it before somewhere,” Jiyong wondered aloud, taking a clearer view of the patch. As he continued to trace the letter ‘S’ and ‘R’ with his finger, a thought struck him. “Oh! This belongs to the school!”

“That’s right,” a voice appeared behind him. Seungri walked towards the couch, taking a seat opposite of the blonde. “And these are all yours, for the new school term.”

“Really? You signed me up already?” Jiyong asked, alarmed. He wasn’t even used to living in this district, and yet, he would be attending school a week from now. I’m not prepared for this, he thought, his mood turning downcast.

Seungri sensed the worry in Jiyong’s voice. He had a good reason for doing this without the knowledge of the other. Knowing Jiyong, he would definitely reject the idea as soon as it is revealed to him, and so Seungri took that step for him. He thought it would be good if Jiyong could start a new term afresh and not halfway through it. And also, he wanted Jiyong with him for the first day of school.

“Don’t worry, I’ll guide you through everything and introduce my friends to you. You won’t be lonely for sure,” Seungri tried to reassure the other, putting on a convincing tone. “I’ll help you cope with your schoolwork too, if you need to. I’m kind of smart, you know?”

Jiyong couldn’t help but chuckle. With Seungri around, it seemed like all that worrying was for nothing. He’ll probably help him with everything at school, even with going to the washroom. He laughed harder at that thought.

“So, I presume you’re fine with starting school next week?” Seungri asked with a smile. Jiyong nodded, picking up some of the clothing. “I guess I’ll go try them out now, and then you can help me evaluate if they are of the correct sizes.” He stood up to leave, and Seungri watched on as he bounced away excitedly. Grinning, he followed Jiyong into the room.

--

“Are you ready to go?” Seungri asked the last time as he leaned against the wall, checking his watch again and again. He didn’t expect that Jiyong would take such a long time to dress and groom himself, but then again, he would be meeting new people, and a pleasant first impression was unequivocally essential. He was surprised at his own patience – he would never be able to wait for someone this long.

The door finally opened to reveal a flustered Jiyong. He wore the school uniform of course, complete with the blazer; but the tie was hung loose around his neck. He swept his bangs to the side with a fast hand, and lowered his head slightly as a form of apology.

“I’m sorry! I just happened to have a bad hair day today…worst timing yeah?” Jiyong gave a sheepish grin, adjusting the backpack he was carrying. “Let’s go, I’m ready.”

“Wait,”

In seconds, Seungri stood just inches away from Jiyong, his tall build towering over him. Jiyong paused in his tracks to avoid bumping into the other. Looking up, he saw that Seungri had his eyes pinned on him, unmoving and intense. He wanted to ask what was going on, but his voice was hitched in his throat. Slowly, Seungri moved closer and closer, and Jiyong squeezed his eyes shut. Suddenly, Jiyong felt that it was only him and Seungri and nothing else. His breathing became a bit harsher, and he could hear his heart pounding rhythmically inside his chest.

Jiyong felt hands rest on his shoulders. He peeked one lid open and saw Seungri beaming gleefully.

“Why were you closing your eyes? I only wanted to adjust your tie for you,” Seungri said matter-of-factly.

Jiyong immediately looked down – and true to Seungri’s words, his tie was magically placed inside his blazer. Jiyong felt all the blood rushing forward, and he quickly retorted, “W-well! Who knew what you wanted to do! I-It was just a natural r-reaction!” He stomped away hurriedly to the stairs, almost skidding off balance. Seungri just shrugged.

“What are you waiting for? Let’s go to school! Or we’ll be late for sure!” He heard Jiyong holler from downstairs.

Seungri smirked playfully.

“He sure is cute sometimes.”

--

After a pretty awkward car ride, both of them stepped out into the cold winter air. Jiyong thanked the chauffeur as he exited, and taking a glance around, he spotted the gigantic school grounds. There were students of his age everywhere, all walking in big groups and towards the entrance, and the duo followed them. Jiyong was amazed at the school’s exterior. He greatly admired the white marble used for the academy, making it look extravagant yet posh.

Seungri, on the other hand, looked bored and just nodded at anyone who waved at him. Nearly everyone greeted him… He must be very popular around here, Jiyong thought. I wonder if anyone would say hi to me later…

“Oppa! Seungri Oppa!”

A high-pitched voice broke his train of thoughts. Jiyong turned around. Behind them, a girl in a high, exaggerated ponytail shrieked at the top of her voice, waving frantically in their direction. A few others were giggling behind her. Jiyong turned back, and he saw Seungri sport a grim look on his face as he quickened his footsteps, refusing to turn around and acknowledge the girl. He was puzzled; why wouldn’t he want to say hi? That girl seemed to be close with him, seeing that she was screaming and shouting for him.

“Oppa, wait for me! What are you doing? Wait!”

Without any warning, Seungri grabbed onto Jiyong’s arm and ran at lightning speed. Jiyong didn’t even have the chance to tell Seungri to slow down; they just kept running, until they reached a rather deserted part of the school. Both of them had rings of white coming out of their mouths as they tried to catch their breaths.

“What were you doing! I almost died running here! You could have given me a signal first!” Jiyong complained tiredly, loosening his tie a little. To that, Seungri replied curtly, “I’ll explain to you later. Let’s go to class first.”

With sluggish steps, they survived the endless flights of stairs, finally reaching a bustling classroom. Jiyong stepped inside first, and immediately, twenty pairs of eyes became fixated on him. He walked aside carefully, showing a little confidence as he attempted to face the other direction with his head held up. When Seungri walked in though, the class went back to its original state, some even coming forth to give him a pat on the shoulder.

Jiyong followed Seungri to the back of the classroom. He could feel the class scrutinizing and violating him with their eyes, and he tried his best to appear natural, nodding and smiling to anyone who met his gaze. Soon, he noticed Seunghyun situated at a far corner reading a comic book, and he walked towards him. The brown-haired looked up.

“So you’re here,” Seunghyun offered a smile, putting his comic book aside. “Seungri told me about you coming to this class, so welcome. Hope you enjoy being in this school.”

“Thank you,” Jiyong returned the offer. He was glad that he at least had someone else he knew in class, even if he left him a bad first impression. Not long after, Seungri came along with someone else, his arm hung around the other’s shoulder.

“I’ll introduce this guy to you, he’s really awesome,” Seungri said to Jiyong, nodding towards the guy on his left, who had a perfectly styled mohawk that stood out exceptionally well on him. “This is Taeyang, and he’s one of my good friends. I’m sure you two will get along.”

“Hey,” Taeyang greeted, extending out a hand. Jiyong did the same, and they shared a firm but friendly handshake. “It would be quite scary sitting alone on your first day, so why not sit with me? The one that used to sit beside me happened to transfer to another school.”

“Sure,” Jiyong replied casually. Another friend made. The trio proceeded to chat, and Jiyong was just about to start an interesting topic when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He whipped around.

“What’s your name?”

It was the girl from before. Now, instead of her previously cheerful demeanor, she had a deadly aura around her, and her eyes glowed with anger. Jiyong gave a confused look, and she gritted her teeth this time, and asked her question again.

“Just what the hell is your name?”

“Don’t bother hi-“

“I’m not talking to you, Oppa. Don’t answer for him,” the girl interrupted Seungri’s words, focusing on Jiyong yet again. The said person sighed, and replied reluctantly.

“I’m Jiyong.”

“Jiyong…hmm?” The girl squinted at him, looking at him up and down. She then put her hands back on her hips.

“From today onwards, you will be my enemy.”

-------------

Yay for more Gri interaction~ I thought Taeyang would make a cheerful yet mature companion XD Anyways hope you enjoyed reading this, do give me your thoughts in the comments below! Thank you for your time, and I'll see you soon~ Crimsonn