Gratitude

Found Truths

A/N: Oh hello again :D New chapterrrrr! New character HAHA.

--

Special… to him?

Jiyong’s gaze was fixated on the closed door. Seungri’s words were tantalizingly puzzling; why would a stranger like him be special to Seungri? He was certain that he had never seen the other before, and did not recall anything about him being his schoolmate or some sort. And yet, he used a word like ‘special’, which was…unusual. It sounded peculiar. It sounded intimate.

It sounded as if Seungri had known Jiyong for a long time.

Jiyong’s head began to hurt. Just a few words from Seungri could make him ponder that hard, what would happen in the future? Defeated, Jiyong fell back onto the satin, pulling the covers over himself. Sleep slowly consumed him, erasing all of his idle thoughts, except for one.

I have to find that out for sure.

--------------------------------

A gentle hand roused Jiyong from his slumber. The said man’s lids were half-closed from the sunlight that was permeating the room, and he barely focused on what was around him. Jiyong swept his bangs to the side, letting out a groan before turning onto his side again, oblivious to the presence of another being in the room.

 “I know it’s comfortable being on this bed, but it’s time to wake up, Jiyong.”

Jiyong’s eyes shot open, blinking a few times before they finally settled on the man before him. Seungri wore his usual half-smirk, but this time he was clad in just a simple T-shirt with black slacks, his tousled hair a huge contrast from when he first saw him. Jiyong sat up immediately, cheeks slightly red from embarrassment.

There, again. Everything he says have such a great impact on me, Jiyong thought inwardly. He was reminded of those damned, supposedly insignificant words, but decided that he had to find a good time to ask about it.  Just not now, especially with Seungri surveying him, his head cocked to his side and looking so innocent but dominant at the same time.

“Are you just going to sit there like a doll, or are you going to wash up?” asked Seungri, a hint of amusement evident in his voice. If possible, Jiyong’s face reddened a shade as he quickly scrambled to his feet, smoothening out imaginary creases on the pajamas.

“I-I’ll go wash up. May I know where the bathroom is?”

“It’s down the aisle, just turn left at the end and you’ll see it. I’ll take you for a tour around the house after we’ve finished breakfast, so be quick,” Seungri replied, flashing a quick grin before exiting the room.

Jiyong nodded, slipping his feet into the room shoes that were by his bed. He made his way to the door, eager to see what was beyond the already glorious room.  He twisted the knob gingerly, bringing the mahogany wood to his side. Peeking out cautiously, he made sure that no one was in the hallway before doing what Seungri had instructed.

The bathroom was a simple one; typical glass doors, marble sink, toiletries neatly placed by the sides. Jiyong quickly found what he needed and washed up. He considered having a bath, since he hadn’t bathed for the longest time yet, but decided to leave it till later.  Seungri’s waiting for me, he thought, a smile finding its way to him.

It took nearly forever for Jiyong to leave the bathroom, wanting to look presentable in front of the suave owner. He shuffled through the hallway, before arriving at a grand staircase. The flight of stairs led to an ornamented table, spruced up by flowers of all sorts, candles of all lengths.

Jiyong started to drink in the scene, shifting from the decorations to the food – and then to Seungri. The latter had an eyebrow raised, looking at Jiyong curiously. Jiyong suddenly became aware of himself - he had been standing there for a long time! Grimacing, he hurriedly skipped down to join Seungri at the table.

 “I thought you were going to stand there for the rest of the morning,” Seungri mused, making the older blush.

“I just can’t seem to take my eyes off your house, it’s so beautiful…” Jiyong blurted, continuing to eye the rest of the adorned room.

“I’m sure you’ll have time for that, you’re going to live here with me anyways.”

“A-ah… Of course,” Jiyong replied. The fact that he was going to live in that house was still foreign to Jiyong. It made him worried, but glad at the same time.

“Let’s have our breakfast now, shall we?”

Jiyong dipped his head, only to find an embroidered plate full of eggs, bacon, sausages and toast. He was speechless – this was probably the best breakfa- no, meal that he had gotten, since he was abandoned. Abandoned. He felt slight moisture in his eyes, but it began to water as Seungri continued to speak.

“I don’t know what you usually have for breakfast, so I thought that an English breakfast should suffice. I would usually let my household helpers cook, but since it’s your first meal here, I decided to make it for you instead! Don’t be too touched, okay?” Seungri said jokingly, patting Jiyong on his hand. However, the corners of his lips began to turn down, when he witnessed big splotches forming on the tablecloth.

“W-What’s going on? Jiyong, did I say something wrong?” Seungri stood up, grabbing Jiyong gently by his shoulders. The sight of seeing Jiyong crying sent arrows to Seungri’s heart.

The blonde was experiencing a cauldron of emotions. Earlier, he was depressed about the fact that there wasn’t anyone who had done something so special for him. But now, after hearing Seungri’s words, he was deeply moved by his actions. He had put in so much effort to make Jiyong feel comfortable and welcomed, and yet he hadn’t done anything to deserve this kindness.

“I’m just…” he hiccupped. “I’m just so happy. No one has ever done this for me before. I…I don’t know how to express my gratitude.”

At this, Seungri let out a sigh of relief. He ruffled Jiyong’s hair, giving him a slight smile before returning to his seat. Jiyong blushed for the umpteenth time that day, and desperately wiped away the traces of his tears, feeling rather foolish about it.

“You don’t need to thank me, just treat yourself as an occupant of this house and as my friend. Don’t feel guilty or feel obligated to repay me, or I’ll be guilty too, for making you guilty.”

Jiyong looked up, and into Seungri’s eyes.  His words were so sweet, even though it didn’t mean to be. He knew that he shouldn’t be thinking this way, but the way he put it sounded too wrong, his gaze too adoring. Seungri treated him like a friend, a brother, didn’t he? And obviously Seungri just did not want him to feel bad, thus the delicate words.

“T-Thank you. I’m sorry I kind of ruined breakfast, I’m too emotional sometimes.” Jiyong smiled sheepishly, picking up a fork and knife.

“It’s okay. I told you not to be too touched, but I didn’t expect you’ll be that affected!” Seungri bantered once more, making Jiyong laugh.

Just as Jiyong was about to take the first bite of his breakfast, the doorbell rang. A woman emerged out of nowhere and rushed to the main entrance, pressing a button that was below an LCD display. A deep voice resounded in the room.

“Seungri-ah! I came to study with you! Open the door!”

Jiyong’s spirits plunged.

It seems like I won’t be able to enjoy this breakfast after all.

--

Everyone seemed really curious on what's their relationship, so a big hint there. I'm trying my best not to focus on the setting but on the conversations, but yeah, I want to emphasize more on how amazing Seungri's (imaginary) house is. And can you all guess who's the one that interrupted their breakfast? XD

As usual, leave your comments below (I appreciate them a lot a lot, thank you for those lovely comments!), and I'll try to update as soon as I can, with my Prelims just round the corner T_____T

Till then, Crimsonn