Stay

Found Truths

A/N: Helloooooo! I'm back with a new chapter! Seungri appearrrrrs <:

 

In Jiyong’s dreams, Jiyong’s POV

-------------

“This is…”

My vision was hazy, and all I could hear was noise. A lot of it. I gritted my teeth and rubbed my eyes frantically, hoping to take a good look of my surroundings.

The images came after a split second. I could see children everywhere, in their smart uniforms and hard shell backpacks, running around to greet their fellow schoolmates. Following close behind them were their parents, who were trying desperately to stop their sons and daughters from being out of their sight. There was laughter everywhere, and all the children seemed effervescent as they skipped and jumped around. I blinked once, twice. This scene is so familiar…

“Jiyong!”

I stopped walking. My heart began to thump rapidly within my chest; I couldn’t believe my ears. This voice… It couldn’t be…

I spun around, and saying that I was surprised would be an understatement. I was shocked beyond words. My body couldn’t move, and my feet felt as if they were pinned down to the ground. I swallowed hard, and I could feel the tears rolling in my eyes.

Standing right in front of me, were my very own parents.

It resembled everything 12 years ago. They kept smiling, their hands waving side to side. Yes, they were wearing the exact same thing – that gray suit, the pink pearl necklace, the white heels – it was all the same!  I glanced down, and seeing what my attire was confirmed all my thoughts – I was back to the day my parents abandoned me.

Slowly, they begin to retreat, turning around and heading for the school’s entrance. I immediately took off after them, tears falling uncontrollably down as I screamed and begged for them not to go. I knew what would happen next – and I certainly don’t want a repeat performance.

“Please! Don’t… go…!”

My voice became softer and softer, while they walked further and further. Soon, there was nothing but silence.

And then everything disappeared.

-------------

Back to third party’s POV.

Jiyong woke up with a start. He gasped for air, wiping off cold sweat from his forehead. His dream gradually caught up with him, and he grimaced. “It’s been such a long time, why would I still dream about this…” he muttered to himself, clutching the sheets around him.

Sheets..? Jiyong looked down, only to find himself clad in a pair of silky pajamas, a thick comforter covering his legs. His eyes grew impossibly wide. Snapping his head up, he then noticed his surroundings. There was no alley, no Christmas lights, no snow – he was in a room. A rather majestically looking room, in fact. The walls were painted creamy beige, while the ceiling was a magnificent shade of blue. Vintage furniture lined the room, ranging from the 8-foot sofa to the bedside table – everything was transcendently crafted and designed. The chandelier, perhaps, stood out the most for Jiyong – its warm and bright lights bringing life to the room, illuminating every area with a perfect glow.

Jiyong was awe-struck by the wondrous room. He took a deep breath, letting the smell of lavender overwhelm him as he pulled the comforter to his chest. It has been a long time since he had a chance to be like this, being wrapped up warm and snug, wearing something so comfortable. His eyelids fluttered closed, and he let himself slip momentarily into his own world.

“Enjoying yourself?”

Jiyong jumped at the voice intruding his thoughts. Raising his head timidly, he looked towards the source of that voice. A man – probably the same age as Jiyong – was staring back at him, one side of his mouth curved slightly upwards. He had hair the color of chestnut, neatly slicked back with not a single strand out of place. He wore a white dress shirt tucked into a pair of skinny jeans, his muscles hidden but well defined under the fabric.  He leaned comfortably on the door, arms folded.

But those were not what made Jiyong attracted to him. The said man’s eyes were fixed on Jiyong’s, barely blinking. Even from far, the man’s eyes were orbs of beauty, and every feature of his looked seemly perfect – high cheekbones, pronounced Cupid’s bow, V-shaped face. To conclude, the man looked ridiculously handsome.

Jiyong could feel himself blushing under the man’s intense gaze. He forced himself to look away as the man approached where he was, taking agonizingly slow footsteps. After what seemed like an eternity, the brown-haired situated himself by Jiyong’s side on the bed. Risking a look, Jiyong found himself being looked at again, with the same intensity or even more.

Up close, the guy really did look good. His features were all in the right proportions, and his eyes – oh his eyes! Jiyong shook his head fervently to rid himself of such thoughts – they were so inappropriate! As his eyes landed once again on the other man, he realized that he has much more important things to do, rather than just admiring his good looks.

“I…I don’t know how to start this but, why am I here? And who are you? And wh-“

Jiyong’s words were interrupted by the man’s chuckle. He gave a confused look as the other continued laughing, and then finally stopped to reply him.

“Don’t need to be so uptight,” the man spoke smoothly. “I’m Seungri, and you are in one of the guest rooms in my house now. I’m the only one living in this house, currently, besides the household helpers.”

Before he could help it, Jiyong posed another question. “How did you find me?”

“Well, I happened to walk past the alley that day, and I saw you there. I couldn’t possibly leave you there, can I? So I brought you back here,” Seungri patted the bed, flashing a smile once again.

Jiyong couldn’t help but let his heart flutter. He was glad that he met such a nice man that would so willingly help a stranger in need. He suddenly thought of what Seungri said.

“That day? How long have I been sleeping?”

“About 2 days. You were having a fever when I found you, so I fed you some paracetamol while you were, er, half awake,” Seungri scratched his head. “The fever went down successfully though, but you did not wake up. I was about to call an ambulance, you know.”

“Ah… Thank you so much.” Jiyong said gratefully. He now had another problem. Where could he go after this? He couldn’t possibly impose on Seungri any longer, but he had nowhere to go. He frowned slightly at that thought, and the sudden change of mood did not go unnoticed by Seungri.

“What’s the matter? Are you feeling uncomfortable anywhere?”

“No, it’s just…” Jiyong bit his lip, not knowing how to start the topic. He then spilled his background to Seungri, about his abandonment, the adoption, and finally being homeless on the streets. Seungri listened intently to every word, nodding and offering paper towels to the weeping Jiyong.

“So…I-I’m just sad that I’ll continue that kind of life, living hopelessly everyday…”

“Don’t worry, Jiyong,” Jiyong was startled by the use of his name. He looked up at Seungri, who bore a serious expression on his face. “You won’t need to lead that kind of life anymore.”

Puzzled, Jiyong continued to hear him speak. “Before you’ve awakened, I’ve already decided to let you stay here. You looked really weak and troubled, and I expected what you’ve been through. Now that I’ve heard your story, you’re even more welcome to stay here, with me,” Seungri took Jiyong’s hand in his, grinning. “Besides, I’m lonely here, living in this estate all by myself. A companion would be nice.”

Jiyong could feel all the blood gush to his cheeks. He maintained his composure and argued, “How can I trouble you like that? You’re already kind enough to bring me back here, and allowing me to stay here would only become a burden for you.”

“It’s fine, really.” Seungri replied. “You’ll really be suffering if you lead that kind of life once again. Treat it like you’re living in a friend’s house, and that you’re keeping me company.”

Jiyong felt all warm and tingly inside after hearing his words. Judging from the persistent look from Seungri, he knew he had to agree to his offer. After chatting for a while more, he found out several facts about the other, such as him being 16 and a student of SR Academy, the prestigious high school located in the heart of Seoul. Seungri’s parents were permanently outside of the country for work purposes, so the house was all his. 

Seungri began to propose excitedly what Jiyong could do, such as enrolling in the same school as Seungri and taking the same classes as him. Of course, being back in school was an exciting idea for Jiyong, as he was forced to quit school a year ago to work and support himself. He found Seungri extremely humorous, and had a charismatic way of talking. Eloquent, good-looking, kind-hearted – they are undeniably the aspects of the ideal boyfriend, Jiyong thought.

As their conversation continued, Jiyong asked on a curious note, “How did you know my name? I don’t remember telling you that…”

At this, Seungri stuttered, “W-Well, I saw it on your identity card! I had to see who was the one I brought home, y-you see, hehe…”

Jiyong nodded, eyeing Seungri suspiciously as the latter seemed to sigh in relief, but quickly shrugged it off. His cheeks burned once again, however, when he remembered that his clothes have been changed possibly by Seungri. So embarrassing… Jiyong thought, giving himself an imaginary facepalm.

“Well, I guess you probably need some more rest. I’ll come and check on you later,” Seungri broke the silence, giving Jiyong a warm smile before heading towards the door. As Jiyong eyed the younger man’s back, he could not suppress it any further.

“Why are you being so nice to me?”

Seungri halted in his steps. Turning around, he smirked and replied,

“Because you’re special… to me.”

With that, he left Jiyong in the room, mouth agape and stunned.

___________

 

Haha I thoroughly enjoyed writing this chapter. I really do love this couple OwO Do leave your comments below(they're important to meeee T_T), and thank you for reading! Crimsonn