Two- Stupid Cupid

Cupid's Game

 

 


C H A P T E R   T W O

 

 


 

--Haewon's POV--

 

The weekend came to an end and it is Monday once again.

Monday; the most dreadful day of the week.

Why is it dreadful?

It means I have school.

I have to wake up early, look presentable, and I have to put up with stupid people who don’t use their brains at all.

 

When I got into the campus, students and other acquaintances greeted me with a good morning as usual. I’m not really popular, but when 10th grade started, a lot of people are getting all friendly with me.

Even the school queenkas are sharing the latest gossips they have, not that I care though.

 

My best friend Su Jin and I were chatting when EXO-K came into view and it’s merely impossible not to stare at the sight of them.

No, don’t imagine girls flocking over them and screaming at the top of their lungs. This does not happen here, because people are refined over my school.

Fan-girls here just whisper to each other and say ‘omg they’re so cute’ or ‘I want to be his girlfriend’ or ‘do you think I should confess?’ Yep, typical high school stuffs.

 

Maybe they don’t flock over them, but a lot of girls flirt with them and boys up to them, hoping they would be dragged into the popular category. I looked at EXO-K, and when they passed by us, I saw Chanyeol staring at me with a blank expression.

 

I just stood there, dumbfounded.

 

Su Jin noticed our little staring competition and she immediately nudged me; breaking my trance. She looked at me, totally confused and started asking.

“What was that about?” she questioned me.

I let out a sigh. Then I started telling her the whole story. The moment I finished telling her about the whole ‘set up-date with Chanyeol’ thingy, her jaw dropped and the only thing that came out of is “Omg.”

“You’re going to be envied by every girl in this school,” she said when she recovered from her shock. I just nodded and headed to the classroom with her when the bell rang for class.

 


 

I woke up when the bell rang for lunch-break. Yes, I sleep during class hours. When I woke up, my classmates jokingly teased me about my sleeping habits and I just laughed along with them.

My teachers don’t pay attention to me anyway because I ace their subjects easily, so they let me sleep in class.

I went to the cafeteria with Su Jin to get our food. We were chatting and joking around on our table while eating when someone approached us.

 

We looked up and saw a tall giant named Park Chanyeol standing there with a poker face.

 

I looked around and noticed that everyone is staring at us, and it made me feel uncomfortable. He cleared his throat and looked at me with a bored expression.

I wiped my mouth with my uniform’s sleeve sloppily and he raised his eyebrows in disgust.

“Gross. Is she really a girl?” he muttered silently under his breath, but it was audible enough to let me hear it. What an insult.

 

My eyes twitched in annoyance but I still faked a smile.

“Chanyeol-sshi, what are you doing here?” I asked through my gritted teeth.

He cleared his throat once again and continued glaring at me. He did not utter a single word and just grabbed me by my arm and dragged me outside the cafeteria.

I struggled to get free, but dang, this guy is strong. Before we leave the cafeteria, I heard students gossiping about the two of us.

I managed to hear someone say “They look good together,” and I just had to roll my eyes at that statement.

 

He dragged me to the back yard of the school because there’s no one there.

“YAH, what the heck was that for?” I growled at him while rubbing my aching wrist that he grasped. His attitude is surprising; I absolutely had no idea that this attractive giant here is a rude jackass.

He did not answer and continued staring at me as if I contain a virus or whatnot. He examined me from head to toe; scrutinizing my every move. In return, I examined his facial features.

 

Flawless white skin, round eyes with natural double eyelids, a pointy nose, and pink, kissable lips.

 

I see him every day. But this is actually the first time we encounter each other and this is the first time he spoke to me, although in a very rude manner.

 

I flinched when he came closer to me.

He leaned closer to my face with a smirk and he had to bend because of my height. Our faces are inches away from each other. My heart started beating really fast and my face heat up. I closed my eyes with furrowed brows and tried to calm my furiously-beating heart.

I masked my nervousness with a composed expression, even though my most-likely red face already betrayed my fake calm demeanor.

 

Unfortunately, he noticed my blushing cheeks and scoffed.

“Did you really think I was going to kiss you?” he mocked with his deep voice. I opened my eyes and glared at him.

“No,” I answered proudly with my head held high. “Don’t think too highly of yourself, bastard.” I muttered under my breath.

My fists were clenched due to irritation and I had to fight the urge to punch his handsome face. I admit, I really thought he was going to kiss me. EVERYONE would think like me if something like this happens to them.

He’s a frigging douchebag.

I heard he hates his fan girls and flirts, but dang! Don’t include me on that list because I’m not one of them. I may have a little crush on him, but that’s my little secret and no one knows that. Even my best friend Su Jin has no idea.

 

“Whatever” he said coolly. “Saturday, meet me at the Subspace coffee house downtown. 12pm sharp. Do not forget about the set-up date, or I will seriously hunt you down” he added and gave me cold stare.

I groaned and cursed my sister on my head. Stupid cupid. It’s all her fault.

 

“Why did you drag me all the way here if you’re just going to say that?” I asked in irritation.

“Are you dumb? People will hear if I said this back in the cafeteria. Those crazy girls who like me would kill you. And I don’t like rumors going around. I already hate the attention” he groaned.

With that said, he turned and started to walk away. “YAH! Then people would be asking why you suddenly dragged me away. It’s the same as those frigging rumors!” I shouted at him but he just shrugged and continued walking.

 

“And if you hate the attention, what’s with that handsome face?” I mumbled silently with my glare in his fading silhouette.

 

Just then, I saw a shadow behind one of the school pillars. Someone just heard our conversation.

 

Uh-oh, I’m gonna be dead.

 

 



2nd Chapter for Cupid's Game!

"Chapter two- Stupid Cupid." Hihi hope you guys like it. Chanyeol's a jerk here isn't he? You might be thinking 'what happened to our happy virus?' But don't worry. You have to stick in throughout the whole story so you will know.

And I'm really sorry if there's some grammatical errors here. I'm going to improve my writing skills. 

Thank you for subscribing~ Saranghae.