Four- A Cat that Barks and a Dog that Miauls.

Cupid's Game

A/N: Long chapter ahead~

 

 


C H A P T E R   F O U R

 

 


 

--Haewon's POV--

 

The days flew fast and the weekend came before I even know it.

It’s a Friday noon and we just got dismissed in school. I should be excited because there’s no school tomorrow, but I’m not.

 

I actually dread Saturdays. The reason for my hatred of the weekend is because of my sister. The ‘set-up dates’ are to blame. Instead of resting and relaxing on Saturdays, I’m forced to go on dates.

But tomorrow dreads me more than ever; probably because of the fact that I’m hanging out with a douchebag. Okay, he’s handsome. But he’s a jerk, much to my dismay.

I met lots of guys already because of my sister, but they’re not really good-looking. I know I should be excited because I’m going to be with a hunk tomorrow; but no. I’m not excited at all.

 

I feel intimidated and self-conscious rather than being excited.

 

I’m intimidated because he’s popular, not because I fear his presence, but because of his horrid fan-girls that can kill me the moment they find out about this so-called date.

 

To put it simply, I’m intimidated by his fan-girls, not by him.

 

And self-conscious; because it’s obvious that he’s prettier than me and more flawless than me. And I’m the GIRL here.

To be frank, I don’t want to go tomorrow, so I won’t.

Chanyeol be damned.

 


 

 

Saturday.

 

I woke up with the loud banging of the door followed by a loud scream.

 

“HAE-HAE WAKE UP OH MY GOSH”

 

And there goes my sister barging in and dragging me away from my bed during Saturday. Trust me, it’s always like this during Saturdays.

“Haewon! Chanyeol called me 20 times already asking where you are!” she nagged. “It’s already 3 p.m! You’re supposed to meet him by 12! He’s been waiting for 3 hours already!” she yelled as she yanked me inside the bathroom.

“I don’t wanna go!” I whined and stomped my foot in annoyance. She still continued to nag though and grabbed some clothes from my closet.

“NO. I told him you would go. Now hurry up and take a quick shower!” she said through gritted teeth. I still didn’t move a muscle and crossed my arms. She rubbed her temples in irritation.

“You know I’m more stubborn than you are Haewon. Either you go to this date or I won’t talk to you. We’ve been through this before” she said.

 

I cringed at the memory of her silent treatment and immediately scurried off to the bathroom to take a bath. That silent treatment of her was the worse. She didn’t even pay for my bills and I’m forced to make up with her even if I’m not the one at fault. My sister is crazy.

 

I went out of the bathroom after my quick shower only to find my sister holding up a baby pink, girly-girl dress and stiletto heels.

 

“What the heck is that?” I scrunched my nose at the sight of the pink, girly outfit and the stilettos.

“My baby sister will be wearing this~” she grinned from ear to ear.

“Heck no” her shoulders deflated from my answer and her huge grin turned into a frown.

“But—“

“No buts. I’m already going on this stupid date. Isn’t that enough? Imma wear what I want” I said while picking out an oversized, printed shirt and skinny jeans from my closet. I’m not the epitome of girly-ness and I don’t want to be. I’d rather wear big tees and rubber shoes than dresses and huge- heels. Jaehyun-unnie just frowned at my decision but a smile tugged on her lips afterwards.

 

I wore my comfy sneakers, grabbed my wallet and a cap before sprinting to the door.

Adios sissy

 


 

 

I found a mad Chanyeol at the Subspace Coffee house downtown.

I slowly went up to him because he’s scary when he’s angry. Okay, it’s my fault that I’m late.

 

Really late.

 

When he spotted me, he jerked up from his seat and glared at me.

“YAH! You!” he shouted and pointed at me. I immediately ran to him and slapped his pointy finger away.

“You’re causing a scene. Calm down!” I hissed and took a seat. He sat in front of me while still glaring.

“Are you seriously asking me to calm down? I’ve waited for 3 and a half hour already and you’re asking me to calm down? Seriously? Did you forget your brain at your house?” he furiously asked.

“OKAY! I’m sorry! I overslept. I stayed up late last night” I apologized. Actually, I purposely stayed up late so I will wake up late and miss the date, but unfortunately, that didn’t happen.

“Whatever. Let’s go” he yanked my arm and started dragging me outside. He seriously loves dragging people out.

 

We went to a small amusement park nearby the coffee house. We walked there in silence because neither one of us wants to talk. It was awkward. I’m the chitty-chatty type of person but only with my friends. And from my perspective, I have a feeling that even if I talk to him, he’ll be the bastard that he is so it’s no use talking to him.

When we got there, we found a cotton candy stall and decided to buy some. We paid for our own. I looked around my surrounding while Chanyeol is busy talking to the ahjumma that sells cotton candy.

I spotted the roller coaster ride that is not far from here. I immediately lightened up and scurried off to the thrilling ride, leaving a clueless Chanyeol behind.

 


 

 

--Chanyeol’s POV—

 

“What a good-looking couple you guys are” The ahjumma said and I immediately shook my head.

“No. We’re not a couple. We’re not even friends!” I defended. It’s weird how people assume things quickly. The ahjumma just chuckled and handed me two cotton candies. “Well, you look good together.” She said. I just awkwardly nodded so that the conversation won’t continue.

 

I aimlessly walked around the amusement park holding two cotton candies, thinking about random stuffs. After a good 15 minutes of wandering about, only then did I realize that Haewon’s not with me the whole time.

Talk about stupidity.

I mentally whacked myself because of my ignorance and retraced my steps to the cotton candy stall, hoping she is there.

Maybe she ran away? Maybe I was too mean to her that it made her ran off. But wait, isn’t she desperate to have a boyfriend hence the set up dates?Then why would she escape this date especially if a handsome guy such as I is accompanying her?

 

That girl is odd.

 

I tried calling her phone when I didn’t find her near the cotton candy stall, but due to some reason, she’s not answering her calls. I grew nervous and worried. It doesn’t matter if she ran away, but she’s still my responsibility for a few hours because I’m the guy she’s with.

What if something happened to her? Oh man, I’m screwed.

 

I grew paranoid as I ran through the whole amusement park in search of her. I checked the easy rides first because usually, girls are scared to ride the thrilling rides. After 30 minutes of practically hunting her down, I decided to give up and call her sister to inform her what’s happening.

“Yeoboseyo?” Jaehyun-noona answered through the phone. I grew nervous and pondered whether I should tell her that her sister ran away when I wasn’t looking or not.

“Hello? Chanyeol-ah?” she repeated. I kept silent as my nervousness was getting to the better of me. No one runs away from Park Chanyeol. My ego is bruised, but my guilt is bigger than my ego. So I decided to tell her.

“N-noona. Hi” I stammered and she obviously felt my uneasiness through the line.

“Chanyeol, what’s going on?” she asked curiously.

“Hae-haewon is mis---“ I shut up when I recognized a girl with long, black hair wearing a boyish cap and oversized t-shirt queuing in the long line of the roller coaster ride. She’s in the front of the line already that’s why spotting her is tricky. She bounces from time to time with a big, goofy grin on her face; indicating that she’s really excited in riding the coaster. Dang, what a kid.

“Haewon?! What happened to Haewon?” I forgot that I’m still on the phone with noona. But since my problem is solved, I didn’t bother to explain. I immediately cut off the phone and headed off towards the girl that made me paranoid.

Many people cursed as I push through the long line just to get to Haewon. “Don’t cut in the line!” a middle-aged lady shouted at me. I just flashed her a smile and that was enough to make her shut up.

 

Haewon has no idea that I’m behind her. She just continued squealing as the line keeps moving forward. I grew annoyed because of her childish actions so I decided to play a little prank on her.

I put my hands on her waist and she immediately went stiff. I lowered my hands and it went to her hips.

Sweet! She has curves!

 

She turned around with a red, furious face and slapped me.

“YAH! YOU ERT!” she shouted and all eyes were immediately set on us. I just laughed and rubbed my aching cheeks.

“Your fault for running away without notifying me” I said and glared at her.

 

“People! Stop looking here. There’s nothing to see!” I shouted and slung my arm on her shoulder. “I’m just arguing with my GIRLFRIEND, that’s all” her eyes grew wide and before she could deny, I put a hand on and all that came out are muffled complaints.

We were the next ones to ride so we picked our seats in the very front row of the coaster. I thought her excitement would turn into fear but to my surprise, it didn’t. She grew even more excited if that’s possible.

During the ride, I don’t know what came over me when I held her hand tightly. She is squealing out of happiness while I sat there frozen and unable to move a muscle. I held my breath the whole ride.

Honestly speaking, I was scared while she felt giddy. But of course, I won’t tell her that. That will just destroy my man pride. I think that’s the reason why I held her hand.

 

After the roller coaster ride, I let go of her hand immediately. We went to some enjoyable rides and played at the arcades. A few decent conversation was made, but most of the time, we’re like cats and dogs. She told me that she goes on set-up dates because of her sister and I felt guilty for thinking that she’s desperate for a relationship.

We enjoyed ourselves until 10 p.m when we ran out of money. We only had enough to buy one bottle of water and we had to share it. Haewon and I decided to rest by the fountain while taking turns in drinking the bottle.

It’s kind of an indirect kiss but we don’t really care.

When only a few drops of water were left, I quickly stood up and tried to snatch the bottle from her. She stood up too and we ended up fighting for the ‘almost empty’ water bottle to quench our thirst.

“PARK CHANYEOL GIVE IT TO ME AND BE A GENTLEMAN!” she yelled as she tried to snatch it out of my hold. My height is an advantage at times like this. But even if she’s smaller than me, she jumped up and successfully pried the water bottle away from my hold.

I got startled and tripped backwards, completely landing on the fountain. But before I splashed down the water, I purposely grabbed the collar of her shirt and dragged her along with me.

 

Both of us ended up getting wet.

 

She smacked my head continuously when we got up from the fountain with our drenched clothes.

“YOU BABO. I hate you. It’s freaking cold and I don’t have a jacket! I hate you!” she shouted as another thwack comes to my head.

“STOP. You’re a brutal gorilla. Are you really a girl!?” I held her wrists to stop another smack. She continued glaring at me.

“We should go home. Your sister texted me already. She asked me to bring you home” I said, still holding her wrist. She just scoffed.

“I can go home myself, tsk”

“Stop being stubborn, gosh” I rolled my eyes in annoyance and we started walking to her apartment. She led the way of course.

 

As we were walking, I continued teasing her just for the fun of it. At the beginning, she responded with insults too. But half-way, she’s just nodding and I noticed she walked slowly.

Our clothes were still wet and the air in Seoul is cold, especially at night. She started sniffing and shivering and I scolded her for not bringing a jacket. Well, I don’t have one too because I think I don’t need it.

I have a strong metabolism, probably because of the fact that I play basketball so I don’t get sick easily. But I don’t know about her. I just hope that she won’t get sick because I have a very bad feeling about this.

 


 

 

--Haewon’s POV—

 

This date ended up in a disaster.

Okay, I admit. Chanyeol is fun to be with. But seriously, he just likes to piss me off. I always had to fight the urge to strangle him.

This date is the most entertaining out of the other dates that I attended. But at the same time, it’s the most drastic.

 

A cat and dog in the house yo.

But of course, I’m the dog. I hate cats. Me no likey kitties.

 

And just when I thought that we were finally getting along, he goes off and started a tug of war with the water bottle. And of course, being clumsy, he tripped backwards and fell on the fountain.

 

Worse, he dragged me along with him.

And we ended up going home wet.

 

Is he crazy? Even if it’s summer in Seoul, the evening air is chilly. I didn’t bring a jacket with me.

Along the way, I started getting a headache and all of a sudden, cold and hotness fought for my temperature.

Oh boy, I caught a cold.

 

When I got home, I didn’t bother changing into my clothes. I sprawled all over the couch, panting heavily. Chanyeol went inside as well. I coughed heavily and felt my energy gone.

 

Cold. It’s cold.

 

“Th-This is your fault” I said weakly and coughed again. Breathing became a difficulty too because my nose started to get stuffed.

“Yah, you look pale!” he panicked. He must’ve felt guilty for making me sick. Not knowing what to do, he immediately called my sister. He went out of the living room for a few minutes while he takes the call.

I feel drowsy all of a sudden and went off to dreamland with wet clothes. Whatever, I'll get better soon anyways.

 


 

 

--Chanyeol’s POV—

 

I panicked when I saw her pale face.

She’s having a fever. I don’t need to check her temperature to know. It’s obvious just by looking at her.

I know that her sister doesn’t live with her and I don’t want to leave her alone in that condition. My guilt would bury me alive because I’m the one who made her sick in the first place.

I didn’t know what to do so I called her sister.

 

“YAH CHANYEOL-AH!” she beamed through the line and I can hear the sound of a baby crying in the background.

“Jaehyun-noona. Your sister is sick. Get over here now.” I said calmly.

“BWOH!? Why did she get sick? Omg my Hae-hae!” I can tell that she’s anxious about her sister over the phone, but the crying of the baby bothered me. That’s probably her son, according to Haewon.

“Chanyeol! Can you do me a favor?” she asked and I suddenly had a very bad feeling about this favor.

“What is it?” I answered with doubt. What the heck is this woman up to?

“My 1 year old son is having a fever too so I can’t leave him alone” she said and the cries of the baby got louder this time.

“And so?”

“So, I was thinking,” she started. “Can you stay over there and make sure that Haewon gets better?” she added.

My eyes snapped open due to shock.

WHAT?!

“It’s a Sunday tomorrow anyway so you have no school. And you can’t say no. A little date isn’t enough for you to pay the wreckage of my BMW. So you have no choice. Ok? Bye. Take care of my sissy!” she said it so fast but fortunately, I understood what she said.

 

Before I could even complain, the line was cut off.

I groaned and ruffled my hair in annoyance.

 

This is hell.

 

 

 

 



Hay hey hooo. Sorry it took so long to update. But to make it up to you, I made it as long as I could. Hihi~ 

It's my 15th birthday today so I decided to take my time and update. Is there someone kind enough to send me to Korea as a birthday gift? T ^ T I wanna marry Chanyeollie. Ke ke ke. Anyway, school is starting in two weeks. BOO. But I'll still sneak in some time to update so don't worry. And I also noticed that the POV's in this chapter switched 4 times between Haewon and Chanyeol. Lol, am sorry. But that is crucial because I doubt that I can pull off only one POV for a chapter. You see, I'm still a newbie in this fanfic writing thing and I'm trying my best to improve. :) 

If you spot some grammatical error, please kindly message me so I can change and improve my style of writing. 

Okay~ Rant over. By the way, I made a new poster! Hihi~

Thank you guys for subscribing and commenting. Thank you to @HearMeThroughMusic. You are awesome! >:D< 
 

Yummy-licious EXO-K. This is currently my desktop background. Chanyeol looks so uber freaking hot in this.