One- When it all began

Cupid's Game

 


C H A P T E R  O N E

 

 


 

--Haewon's POV--

 

Saturday evening.

 

I plopped down my bed to rest after an exhausting day.

I just got home from a date.

No scratch that.

 

I just got home from a date that my sister forced me into again. My eyebrows furrowed as I remembered what happened a few hours ago. I was really rude to the guy even though he was nice to me.Yes he’s good looking too, but let’s face it.

 

He’s not my type.

 

It’s just that the match-making thing that my sister does is already getting on my nerves. That is mainly the reason why I am being such an to the guys I am forced to meet.

I groaned and got up from my bed so I could change to my pj’s.

 

As soon as I finished changing, I heard the door to my apartment being unlocked. I peeked from my bedroom door and saw my sister getting in.

When she saw me peeking from my bedroom’s door, her eyes twinkled and a mischievous smile formed on her lips.

She ran to me looking as young as ever even though she’s already a 23 year old adult.

 

“So Hae-hae, how was the date?” she asked as she wriggled her eyebrows teasingly and it ticked me off even more.

“Effin’ HORRIBLE.” I rolled my eyes and lay on my bed. “Why the hell do you keep on setting me up anyway?” I asked.

“Because you’re a clumsy and lazy bum who needs a boyfriend to protect you when I’m not here” she answered and whipped her hair all girly-like as she sat beside me on my bed.

“Whatever Jaehyun-unnie” I muttered and turned my back on her. I kept silent after that because I have no plans to continue the conversation. To be honest, I’m not in the mood to talk to her about these things. Every time I ask her why she does this, she will always say the same thing.

 

“Hae-hae, this is for you. I don’t like seeing you alone so I set you up with guys I TRUST. I’m already married so I cannot watch over you 24/7” she calmly stated as she my hair.

“Yeah, because I’m totally a 1 year old KID who can’t think for herself.” I sarcastically commented.

 

“You don’t get the point!” she whined. “We already lost our parents and I don’t want to lose you too. I want someone to watch over you. I get paranoid. I know you’re lonely even if you don’t admit it, that’s why I’m finding you a boyfriend.”

 

I frowned as she said that. I admit, I feel lonely sometimes but I don’t want her to know that. And besides, having a boyfriend is not the solution.

I tried to fight the urge to give a sarcastic comeback. But I’m Kim Haewon, a sarcastic badass, so obviously, I cannot do that.

 

“Yes, having a boyfriend would TOTALLY make me happy.” I said monotonously and my sister just nodded with a wide smile on her face, oblivious about my sarcasm.

 

I don’t know if she’s playing dumb, or just totally stupid.

 

“Yes~ having a boyfriend would make you happy. I remembered when Minjun and I first met…” She trailed off and blabbed on and on about their love story while my head was flying to another dimension.

 

I heard that story for the 13546578978th time, and I have no plan to hear it again.

 

I’m happy for my sister. I really am. But seriously, I don’t care about love-life, because I still cannot imagine myself having a boyfriend. Sure, I have crushes, but crushing on someone is totally different from loving someone.

And if you start dating, you should love your partner right? So I don’t really get the idea of the match-making game that my sister is playing. And if I refuse, my sister won’t talk to me for eternity. That’s how childish my sister is.

 

This whole ‘set-up date’ thingy actually started on the day I turned 16.

 

Our parents died 4 years ago.

I was 12 and she was 19 when it happened. We weren’t really poor, so even if they died, we still continued our studies with the money they left us with, but my sister had to take part-time jobs when she was in college just in case our money runs out.

Jaehyun-unnie cared and provided for me like a mother would. She also became very strict like our mom who died. Until she married Minjun-oppa and their 1 year old son Jaemin came into the picture a year ago.

I was really happy because I thought I was going to be free from her strict rules. I admit, I’m like any teenager out there who wants freedom and tends to rebel if you try to limit her actions. Jaehyun-unnie moved out of the apartment, leaving it all to myself. But she kept the spare key and still pays for my bills.

I got the freedom I wanted for a year; until I turned 16 and my sister just have to ruin everything by dragging me into this whole dating ordeal.

 

I snapped out of my thoughts when she mentioned me on her rants.

 

“…And of course, having a boyfriend would make you want to get rid of that snarky and sarcastic mouth of yours” she said and pinched my cheek lightly.

 

I just had to roll my eyes at her statement.

 

“No thanks, I won’t let any guy change me. So you have no choice but to deal with my awesome sarcasm and bratty attitude if you don’t stop searching for a guy to set me up with.” I said and immediately, her eyes snapped wide, as if she remembered something and reached for her purse.

My sister is so weird.

 

“Speaking of guy-hunting,” she started. “There’s a boy that bumped the BMW car that Minjun bought me a while ago.” She added.

“And so?” I asked with my eyebrows cocked.

“I would’ve sued him if he wasn’t handsome.” She pouted.

“Aigoo unnie! you’re already married!” I couldn’t help but laugh. My sister acts like my age; it’s so funny and cute.

“Don’t worry, I won’t go for him. He’s actually one year older than you. I don’t want to be a pedo-noona anyway” she said as she rummaged through her purse in search of something.

“Here! I took a picture of him with my cellphone” she giggled and held up the phone with the photo on the screen.

 

The moment I saw the picture, my eyes nearly popped out due to shock.

 

The boy on the picture is no other than Park Chanyeol. ‘THE’ Park Chanyeol, my schoolmate, my super-popular-and-hunky-heartthrob schoolmate.

He’s in the 10th grade like me, but in a different section so we’re not classmates. He’s really handsome. I would be lying if I said that my underwear doesn’t fall at the sight of him. That’s nasty, but what I said is the truth.

He’s in the school band called EXO-K, and believe it or not, they have fangirls even though they’re not celebrities. Dang, they’re hot.

To be honest, I have a little crush on him. He is so dreamy, who wouldn’t like him?

 

My sister caught me staring at the picture for too long and heck, she started teasing.

“Ooh-la-la, like what you see?” she teased. I snatched the phone away from her hands and sent her a glare.

“Yah, unnie! Don’t tell me you don’t know him?!” I asked and raised my eyebrows at her.

 

“Am I supposed to know him?” she asked innocently.

 

Seriously? If my sister acts like my age, then she should know who the popular heartthrobs are around this small town we live in.

I was about to say what’s on my mind, when she started giggling.

“Pssh, just kidding. I know him of course. He’s one of the popular guys around here. Park Chanyeol? Am I right?”

I didn’t answer and continued staring at the photo. He’s handsome. He really is.

“I’m going to set you up with him. I have his number. And you could go on a date next Saturday! Omo it will be fun.” she shrieked while bouncing up and down lightly on the bed's matress.

 

As soon as I heard her, I immediately snapped out of my daze.

 

BWOH?!” I asked, completely taken by surprise.

 

What the hell is she talking about!? She must be crazy! Yes, I have a crush on him, but seriously, his fangirls would kill me!

And he’s in MY school. Oh my goodness, I don’t want rumors flying around in school.

 

“What’s the matter?” She asked, not having a single clue.

 

I tried to calm myself, and rubbed my temples. This is getting tiring.

“Sissy, this is absurd.” I groaned. “You don’t even know if he would agree to this!”

“Oh I know. He already agreed to it.” She said.

“What the heck…” I mumbled more to myself. This is so unexpected.

“I also gave him your number and your picture.” She giggled and grabbed my cellphone from the drawer beside my bed. She tossed it to me and I caught it. “Any minute now, a text from him is coming.”

As if on cue, my phone vibrated. I checked the message and an unregistered number flashed at the screen.

I read the message and it says:

 

From: Unknown number

“Hi, this is Park Chanyeol. Your name’s Haewon right? We’re on the same school.”

 

“See? Told ya” My sister taunted. I glared at her with a red face, probably because I’m furious and nervous.

This always happens.

“OUT! OUT!” I shouted and pushed her out of my apartment. She just continued giggling like a maniac, and teased me more.

The moment she is out of my apartment, she managed to kiss me on my head.

“Bye sissy~ Take care! Don’t forget your date with Chanyeol next week. Byee” she said and dashed off.

I closed the door and went back to my bedroom.

I checked my phone again and there is a missed call from an unknown number; ‘Chanyeol’s number.’

I didn’t bother to reply or call back.

 

I plopped down my bed once again, and tried to get some sleep.

It was a long and tiring Saturday evening and I really deserve a rest.

 

 


 

Hi guys~ this is PRIMALOVE18. Here's the chapter 1 for 'Cupid's Game' 

Hope you guys enjoy. Don't forget to subscribe and comment if you love the story. It keeps me motivated. Hihi~ Saranghae fellow EXO lovers. Chanyeol will probably appear next chapter. Teehee~ Bye bye.