Bell Gosa University

The Dark Melancholy of Choi Minho

 

“Do you still remember your room?” Kwanwo asked as he was starting to open the door of my century forgotten room. I bet it would be full of mice and dust there. “Here it is,” he added.

I was wrong actually. My room was tidy clean; hmmm… they really prepared my comeback home here. But still, I looked at my dad to answer my queries at my head.

“I clean this every other time and sleeps here when I got obsessed about missing you Minho,” Kwanwo said. K. I was touched, of course, but not in the point that I am going to cry the hell out of me and hug my dad for that reason… No way dude!

“The, I mean, my room is still like the room I left” I said while my eyes are travelling my room, or once was mine room or etc… The apple green walls, the squeaky wooden floor, the rusty grilled windows are the proofs that my room aged as I have also grew up. The only changes are the desktop computer on the mahogany table and the drumset on the corner.

“Dad, what’s this?” my voice was husky and I looked up at Kwanwo, I was curious since I was not playing the drums.

“That should be your present for your 17th birthday Min, but Josephine said that she doesn’t want that thing to be the bridge for tremendous noise” dad said as he was touching the cymbals with his palms.

I laughed… I am 18 now and this gift is 1 year late but still I was touched by the fact that Kwanwo was still thinking of my happiness even though he had already Jonghyun with him.

“Dad, I like it, can this still be mine?”

“I’m glad you like it, and yeah… this is fully yours, Jjong is into playing the bass guitar actually. Maybe you can form a band! Now I am going downstairs”

 “Okay Kw-… err… I mean dad… Thanks for this” I grabbed my luggage and he patted my back as he went out to the stairs but I see him stop from walking and faced me.

“Is there any problem dad? Did you forget anything?”

“I forgot something actually… Minho, I want you to talk with your brother… He’s going to Japan tomorrow and you won’t be seeing each other again for a long time… Now that you both have chance to cope up with the time, I want you to fulfill it to your contentment,” he voiced out.

I nodded and smiled back at him and this time he got out from my room completely… I know he still have many stories to tell me, many questions to ask me but only one explanation to tell me, what happened between him and my mom.

When I was finished putting my clothes the old closet of mine, I grabbed my towel and rushed to my bathroom. I am going to clean up after my long and tiring trip. I looked at myself at the mirror as I took off my clothes one by one…

“It would be fine Minho, you will like Korea as you have liked it before” I said as I was staring at my own eyes straight at the mirror.

 

~~~~~~~

When I got downstairs, Jjong was watching the T.V., I searched for Kwanwo and he was cooking dinner. I was kinda used calling him inhis given name since I nearly cursed, wait… Since I cursed him for leaving me but mom said I was not allowed to call him Kwanwo at his face.

“Yow! How is life there at Japan?” Jjong asked me when he noticed that I sat next to him.

“It’s fine actually… it’s like here at Korea but the setting would only tell you where you are” I said and decided to sit closer with him.

“There are many… chicks… there?” he eagerly asked and I quickly scoff at him so I decided to fool him around.

“Yes, but watch out for the hens… you’ll look sorry if they will peck you at your death”

He laughed and put his arm around my shoulder and suddenly tightens the grip around me.

“You are still one big brat!” he chuckled and scrubbed his fist to my hair.

“Oh yeah… Hyung, where school will I be enrolled at?” I asked and by this he released his arms away from me.

“Actually, you are enrolled at Bell Gosa University already… You will l-like it there” he said, it was obvious that the tone of his voice minimized.

“Do you have problems there?”

“No, it’s just… I am going to… m-miss my friends” he then gave the screen a long glance and started to escape from my stares. I knew it that was not the real deal.

 “Boys! Dinner is served!” our dad called up and Jonghyun immediately stood up. He reacted very weird and… was it only about Bell Gosa University?

The size of the table was obvious that it was only for two people but as soon as Kwanwo grabbed another chair, Wah-la! The table is now for three.

The dinner looks very delicious but I was not hungry. I tried to eat with delight.

“Did you bring your school bag?” Kwanwo asked.

“Yes, I brought it. How could I forget it? Wait… I forgot something…

“Dad, what can you say about Bell Gosa University?” I said and looked at Jonghyun for his reaction… He stopped his spoon from controlling over it and then stared at me in horror.

“Bell Gosa U as the teen calls it now…. Well, I graduated there and also with your mom and…”

“Dad! I mean, Now! What is happening at Bell Gosa U right NOW…”

“Oh… hmmm… let us see… the teachers are very strict… even to us, parents. They say some rooms are prohibited from us to enter so rumors started to spread that they are kidnapping students and they are doing experiments on them on those rooms” when he is finally done, he swallowed a piece of lettuce.

I raised an eyebrow… I just can’t believe Kwanwo is telling stories to me like that, but anyways, is this why Jonghyun is afraid of that university?! Oh brother! I hope not.

“But those rumors were strengthen because of Onew” Kwawo added and I sensed seriousness all over the atmosphere of this house.

“Who’s Onew?! What happened to him?!” I felt shivers all over to my spine.

“Dad, please… let us not talk about Onew…” Jonghyun said right before Kwanwo was about to say something… A deeper exlpantion to Onew…

“Oh yeah… I forgot, sorry…” Dad said.

Now, I am confused… But somehow, I think it’s Onew why Jonghyun is upset, right? WTH! Who is this guy? What about him?!

I didn’t have a pleasant dinner after that.

 

 

___________________________________

I will update as soon as I can! Thanks for subscribing! Comments are loved… :))))))