PHONE CALL

The Dark Melancholy of Choi Minho

            I bid my 100th farewell to my mom as I was going to enter the car. I was wearing my favorite sweatshirt, my farewell gesture before I am leaving Japan. It hasn’t yet sunk into me that I am going to leave my mom with Jonghyun. He is actually my brother and currently living with my dad there at Korea and now our parents are going to exchange us with each other as part of their agreement since their divorce.

 

            I can say I am a Mama’s boy, maybe because it has been 9 years since I haven’t lived with my dad. My dad had called me 2 days before my trip and he sound very excited because for the first time, I am going to live with him with any degree of permanence.

 

            “take care of yourself Minho,” my mom said as she was trying hard to hold back her tears. How could I really leave my mom when nearly all of the duration of my life, I have depended on her? But at some part of my heart, I want to stay with my dad and as I am thinking to live with him, I always feel a weird excitement.

 

            “you too mom, I love you,”

 

            “you too son, go now.. you might not catch your trip.”

~~~~~~~

            The riposte to Korea felt like it was just my first time to go there… I was 13 when I last visited my dad and my brother and since then I haven’t got any news or even connection to them so I am really surprised that Jjong wants me to exchange with him.

 

            I decided to sleep over this trip when suddenly I heard my phone rang...

 

 

the strange thing is, it was not my ringtone, so I was really mystified. I looked and some unknown number is trying to call me. I had to think of who must be calling me. Does my mom forgot something that she needs to tell me? I just answered the phone.

 

            “Hello?” I said but the other line did not reply, I waited for a moment… then, I heard deep breaths, getting louder and louder, deeper and deeper. Someone is fooling me right now.

“Who’s this?!” I shouted but he continued doing that, I was beginning to get creeped out but the announcement from the speakers snapped me back from my reverie and I also heard that on the other line… it only means one thing; the one who’s trying to joke around me is also on this plane. Maybe when I knew already that he is on this plane, he cut off the line.

My eyes travelled the plane seats, searching for the one who called me. One by one, I scrutinized their faces.

           

            Suddenly, I noticed an arm at my shoulder.

 

_______________________________________________

sorry for short chapter One.. :))))

 

SUBSCRIBE <333