Monotonous Reunion

The Dark Melancholy of Choi Minho

 

“Sir, the plane is going to take off, pls. turn off your phone” it was the stewardess. I felt kinda relived but still I am mystified to the one who called me.

 

“I’m sorry, imma gonna turn it off now,” I said and after I turned it off I put it in my backpack.

 

“Thanks for the comply sir,” she smiled then she went away.

 

Who must be calling me?  Does he know me or do I even know him? I wanted to shrug that out but I can’t, I looked around the seats again….

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

            When I landed in Korea, I remembered again my memories here. I immediately saw Jonghyun with Kwanwo, my dad. They approached me and my dad gave me a weird, one armed hug. It’s weird since my dad and I are not that close. Did he really miss me?

            “It’s good to be with you again Minho,”Kwanwo said and smiled. He automatically grabbed my baggage, but I didn’t say a word.

            “You grew very tall son! How’s Josephine?” he said

            “Mom is actually okay, she’s excited to see Jonghyun already” I finally opened my mouth as we walked towards the parking lot.

            “I miss mom also, sooo much….” He said but it seems like he doesn’t mean it because of his blank and emotionless face. What’s with Jonghyun? He had been looking everywhere like he is looking for someone.

            Then a thought hit my head. “When will you go to Japan?! I thought by the time I left there, you also left Korea…” I confronted and it was late.. Dumb dumb me.

            “It’s actually my idea, it’s been 5 years since you haven’t seen each other so I decided to postpone Jonghyun’s trip, I know Jo would understand me” Kwanwo or my dad still calls my mom her nickname, kinda Nice.. but I don’t care. They are separated right?

 

~~~~

            The 30 minute trip to Kwanwo’s house was a silent one, and still 45 minutes to go… uggghh... I just pouted and looked at the road. Maybe they are still adjusting to my presence and actually, I still feel awkwardness to them. It’s been really 5 years since I have seen these guy but still, Jonghyun and I wll never live at one house for a long time.

            “It’s 2:30 P.M. now, did you have your lunch already Minho?” dad asked as he was looking ahead at the road. He was not use at the maternal roles, I am sure of that… I was impressed that he had raised Jonghyun alone even though he is a police.

             “I haven’t eaten my lunch yet” I said honestly, I was going to say no but my tummy can’t lie now.

            “Perfect, let us eat at Max’s diner then” Kwanwo said as he looked at me through the rearview mirror.

            “Not there dad!” jonghyun complained. Both I and dad were mystified.

            “What’s your problem there again Jjong?! I have noticed that in every public places, it seems like you are grossed out or there’s someone you are running away from” Kwanwo said, I felt invisible to them now, but it was okay.

 

            “It’s just that one of my classmates got p-poisoned when we ate there” he said and it was all over to his face that he was lying. He was such a bad liar.

 

            “O-kay then, where do you want to eat?” dad asked. I can’t believe he rode on Jjong’s pathetic excuse.

 

            “Let’s just eat at Mcdonalds….”

 

__________________________________________

 

Oh my GOD! I mean, seriously…. I am very very very sorry if I have only updated now…. But I hope you forgive me… I am still actually waiting for my poster and it’s been long but I have patience… and I am also waiting for my trailer to this story…. Exciting?! I dunno but I hope it is to you… :))))

 

To those who say Minho and Jiyeon are a great pair, I salute you :P!