Messing with My Head

Nothing But Bad Luck

 

Chapter 6:

Jae’s POV

It was the following day after “The Falling Incident” occurred and I was determined to look decent on my first day of actual classes. I decided to dress in a casual colored tee with a pink skirt that had a bow. I hated to show off my skin but I felt as if that I should impress others today. Who knows maybe it would help to make friends.  I went down stairs and groaned to see that my family was sitting all around the dining table waiting for me to enter. They stared at me as I walked into the kitchen.

“Umm… is this about yesterday?” I asked and they all raised an eyebrow.

“What do you think Jae?” My umma said and I pursed my lips together.

Yup… I hit it on the target.

“I can explain.” I rushed out and in sync my family crossed their arms. It was freaky how they were all in sync like that but hey, that was family to us.

“Just try.” Joongie said and I pleaded to him to save me with my eyes. He dismissed me and I sighed. I close my eyes and took a deep breath.

“Okay, the reason why I wasn’t able to eat with everyone is because I was held back by this jerk at school who I was on bad terms with. He proclaimed me his groupie’s dog and he threatened that if I didn’t do as they wished then he would kick me out of the school. You see he was the son of the rich guy that owns the school and I didn’t know. So that’s why I wasn’t able to come home on time.” I breathed out in one gulp of air and I opened my eyes to see the looks of my family.

“So what you’re saying is…” My appa started.

“That you pissed of the guy who is to inherit his father’s fortune…” My umma continued.

“And now you’re his property?” My brother finished. I sighed and collapsed in my chair at the dining table. I put my head down to the table.

“Yeah.” I admitted and they all laughed their hearts out.

What a supporting family.  I thought sarcastically.

“It’s not funny.” I tried to explain but they all were cracking up at my unfortunate situation.

“Yes, yes it is. We knew you had the worst luck but seriously.” Joongie gasped out.

“It’s okay JJ. We’ll stay by your side. Who is this guy that you pissed so much? How’s his personality?” My appa asked. I lifted my head and looked at all of them. I clenched my hands into fists.

“His name is Bang Yongguk and he’s a total -wipe.” I noted, gritting my teeth.

“Huh?” My family questioned and I rolled my eyes.

“To put it simply, I hate him. I hate everything about him. His personality, his voice, his view of life, just everything.” I breathed out.

“Careful Jae. You know what they say. The more you hate, the more you love.” My umma said in a sing song voice and I shot up.

“Nope! Never in a thousand years would I like him!” I noted and searched the kitchen for some breakfast to go. I grabbed a granola bar and a banana milk to go. I put it in my bag and turned to my family.

“Okay Jae, whatever you say. But don’t say I didn’t warn you. Words are a powerful thing!” My umma noted and I kissed them all goodbye and left through the front door.

I won’t fall for Yongguk… right?

 

At school…

I had to go to the office first thing to get my schedule and once I received it, I noted that I had English Literature first thing in the morning.

I rushed to class knowing that all the new transfers were supposed to be late to their first classes because they need to pick up their schedules. I was finally at the door and straightened my clothes before I entered. I opened the door and the female teacher looked and smiled at me.

“Ahh, so you’re the transfer in our class. Please introduce yourself.” I turned and faced the class and bowed. I straightened and smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Jae Min. Please take care of me.” I heard whispers and I saw fingers point at me.

Oh right… they all remember me as BAP’s Dog…

I looked at my English teacher and she smile once more.

“Okay, now to find a seat for you.”  She looked around the room and then pointed to the back of the classroom.

“Over there Jae. Please have a seat there.” I followed where her finger was pointing towards and saw the empty seat that I was assigned to. Then I saw the guy that was sitting next to that vacant seat. I slightly froze and I unwillingly started to move down the aisle towards the smirking Yongguk. I sat down and avoided making eye contact with him.

“Okay class, as I was saying…” the teacher continued and I tried to focus on what she had to say. But that’s very hard to do when the person you despise is faced completely towards you head resting on his hand which was propped up on the desk. I sighed and continued to listen to the teacher.

“Good morning to you too.” I heard his deep baritone voice whisper and I ignored it.

“Huh… seems like you’re giving me the cold shoulder.” He realized and I just faced forward.

“Hmmmm…. By any chance, does this have to do with yesterday’s ‘Falling Incident’?” I stiffened slightly and I could just hear the smirk on his arrogant face.

“Ahhh… so it is.” He said and I gulped. He leaned closer to me and I refrained from leaning the other away from him. I wasn’t going to be intimidated like the others.

“You know… the only way to get over something like that is through practice.” He said and I scoffed out loud.

“Yes Jae? Do you have something to add?” The teacher looked at me and so did the rest of the class. I glanced at Yongguk and shook my head to the teacher.

“I’m sorry. I just have a cough.” I lied and glared at Yongguk.

“Ahhh… finally she notices poor little old me.” he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and focused on class as he continuously tried to veer my attention towards him. He threw paper at me. He wrote on my notebook. He drummed his fingers on my desk. He even went as far as to fake his stretching just to hit me on my head. I grit my teeth and took it all in.

“Alright class, I have an announcement.” The class groaned in unison and I sighed as well. Yongguk had stopped bothering me for the moment.

“Everyone will be assigned a project due by the end of next week and a partner for you to help each other.” She said my eyes shot threw the room to look for a willing partner.

“Everyone, please look at the person you’re sitting next to.”

Uh-oh…

“Say hi to your partners for the project.” I frowned and Yongguk chuckled at my reaction.  The bell rang and I stood from my seat while gathering all of my things. Before Yongguk could say anything, I was out of the classroom and headed for my next class.

What wonderful coincidence that he had the same class as me. I shook my head and headed for Physics.

All throughout the day, I had noticed that the entire student body was ignoring me. I tried to strike up a conversation with some nice looking people but they all got up and left. Then I tried again in other classes but I was ignored and shunned from any groups. I felt like Yongguk had placed a curse on me which in abled me to make new friends.

However I did see Taemin in my art class and we talked regardless of my situation with BAP. I explained to him my circumstances and he nodded his head as he listened intently.

“When they took you away yesterday, I was so angry that they were taking away one of the only people who were nice to me.” Taeminnie admitted and I felt relieved. At least his anger I had seen in his face wasn’t directed towards me.

“Oh, by the way, clubs start this afternoon. Don’t forget to stop by okay?” He said brightly and I frowned.

“I can’t Tae. Mr. said that if I skip out on Dog Duty then I’m definitely going to get kicked out of Syrina.” I whined. He held my wrist and patted my back.

“It’s okay JJ. I understand. You can always stop by anytime alright?” I looked at him and he smiled reassuringly.

“So on brighter topics, how are you and your secret lover?” I asked him and he smacked me on my arm.

“Oh stop. You know that it doesn’t go anywhere between us.” He said sadly and it was my turn to pat his back. I noticed a cracking sound and looked over to see that Taemin’s crush was in the corner with his broken pencil in his hand while he looked at us. I smirked.

“Hey Tae, I have a feeling that something might happen sooner than you think.” He glanced over at Minho in the corner and blushed. He shook his head and I forced him to look at me.

“Trust me on this one. He’s been watching you since the beginning of class. I think that’s why he sits in the corner by himself.” I realized and Taemin just looked at me in disbelief.

“Okay Jae. Whatever you say. I still don’t think this is going anywhere.” I giggled and shook my  head at him.

“You’ll see.” I simply stated and suddenly the bell rang signifying the end of class. It was time for clubs to start. I sighed and Taemin gave me an encouraging hug and left for his club. The club that I was supposed to join with him…

I headed for BAP’s Office and cursed  Yongguk with all my might. Finally I was on front of their door and sighed. I reached for the handle and suddenly the door whipped open, revealing an excited looking Zelo.

“Noona!” He exclaimed and hugged me. I giggled. I walked in the office and saw that the entire gang was there. I saw Jongup sleeping on the couch in the far side of the room while Youngjae and Daehyun playing cards on the huge meeting table on the center. Himchan was leaning against Yongguk’s desk while The Devil himself was writing something down. He looked up and waved me in.

“Hey Jae! How’s it going?” Himchan said to me and I bowed in his direction.

“It’s going good but it could be better.” I said eyeing Yongguk at his desk.

“Noona! Do you wanna play cards with us?” Jelo asked me and I nodded. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to where Dae and Youngjae were playing.

“Hi Jae. We’re playing Go Fish since it’s the only card game that Jelo knows.” Dae said wiggling his eyebrows at Zelo’s nickname that I gave him.

“Hyung! Wae? Don’t say those things in front of my Noona!” Jelo whined and I ruffled his poofy hair.

“Ha! That’s okay. I like that game too.” I said encouragingly while I sat down in a chair facing the three of them.

“You wanna shuffle Jae?” Youngjae asked me and I nodded. I took the deck and shuffled it like I usually do at home. However when I looked up to pass out the cards, all three of their faces were that of shock.

“Uh… Did I do something wrong?” I questioned seeing as their faces were amazed.

“That was…” Dae began and my eyebrows pulled together.

“SO COOL!!” Jelo got up and started jumping. I laughed at his reaction and Youngjae began speaking.

“Where’d you learn to do that?” He asked and I shrugged.

“My family and I play cards all the time at home. Ever since I was little I practiced to do that.” I admitted and they looked at me. I started to deal the cards when I heard the legs of a chair scrape against the floor. I looked behind me to see that Yongguk had gotten out of his chair.

“Jae. You are not here to play. You are here to clean and organize. Now get up.” He ordered curtly and I sighed. I looked apologetically towards the other three.

“But Hyung!” Jelo tried to insist but Dae stopped him. I shrugged at them and turned to face my imprisoner.

“What do you need me to do?” I said flatly, gone was my nice nature and caring smile.

“You have to dust and all of the books and bookshelves in the room.” He said nonchalantly and I looked around. I groaned. All of the book shelves lined the room. There were four separate book shelves that were at least ten feet wide and fifteen feet tall.

Do they read all of these books?

“Okay fine but exactly how am I supposed to reach the top of the bookshelves. Do you expect me to climb?” I asked sarcastically.

“Sure. You are animalistic like that anyway.” Yongguk noted with a smirk and I scowled at him.

“No there’s a ladder that you can use. I’ll bring it out for you.” Himchan offered and I thanked him.

“You better finish quickly today.” Yongguk said and I sighed as he then went to go sit with Jelo.

I turned towards the bookshelves and saw that Himchan had brought out the ladder.

Well it’s not gonna dust off themselves. I grabbed the duster in the corner of the room and opened the window to help circulate the air. I went to the ladder and climbed up. It was best to start form the top to the bottom so that I could keep the ladder as soon as possible. I was fortunate enough not to have a fear of heights because the shelves were extremely high. I started cleaning and soon I was completely absorbed by my task.

I had finished cleaning the first bookshelf and the next bookshelf was beside the window. I got up high on the ladder and started to clean. I looked outside and sided. It was so pretty. I could see practically the whole of Seoul from there. Because the school was situated at a top of a hill and the floor I was on was the highest floor the view was spectacular. However I knew it would have been prettier if I was on the roof of the school.

“You should be cleaning, not sight-seeing.” I heard Yongguk’s deep voice below me. I wobbled on the ladder, startled by him. I looked down and stuck out my tongue. I went back to work but he didn’t move from below me. I peeked out of the corner of my eye to see him looking up at me working.

“I never knew someone like you would like to wear blue bunny covered underwear.” He remarked. I gasped but was hit with a face full of dust causing me into a coughing fit. I lost my balance on the ladder and I started to fall backwards.

Not again…

THUMP!

I landed on something soft but I didn’t make a move, waiting for the pain to spread threw my body. But it never happened. I bolted upright. I looked down to find that I had been straddling Yongguk. I here “Ohhhh’s” and “Olala’s” from the others in the room and I realized how compromising our situation was. My face was on fire. I stood from my position and straightened out my clothes. I coughed and Yongguk got up too. He hadn’t said a thing since we fell and I didn’t want to look at him at all.

 I gulped and hid my embarrassed expression from my face. I replaced it with malice and anger. When I felt as if I could handle my expression, I lifted my head and looked at him. His face was strewn in a wide grin and a lifted eyebrow. My heart raced and I willed it to slow down.

“You planned that didn’t you?” He asked and my face was that of horror.

“Well, of course, anyone would make a move on someone as handsome as me.” He said as he turned around walking back to his desk. I could only stare at his retreating figure while the urge to hit him grew within me.

“I guess my amazing looks charmed you into attacking me so. I hope you’re happy that you’ve gotten a chance to see me up close.” He continued and I fumed.

“Uh… Hyung… you should stop.” Youngjae started and Yongguk scoffed.

“It’s merely the truth.” Yongguk chuckled and the rest of them who could see me stated to shake their heads.

“Yongguk, you should listen to Youngjae.” Himchan urged but the block head wouldn’t shut up. I quietly got close enough to Yongguk from behind. Youngguk stopped walking and looked at his friends. They were all pointing behind him and turned around. As soon as I had a clear shot at him, I stepped on his foot with my heel. He balled towards the ground, reaching for his foot and as soon as his back was exposed, I elbowed his upper spine. He fell to the ground in pain and I sighed.

“I feel better now.” I said happily and headed for the ladder again. Yongguk was still on the floor clutching his foot and Himchan helped him up.

“I told you to listen to Youngjae.” Himchan shook his head. Yongguk wanted to fight me back but Himchan put a hand on his shoulder.

“She already kicked your enough for one day. I suggest try again some other day.” Himchan was right. I turned and smiled sweetly at Yongguk who shot daggers at me. I was about to go on the ladder once again but I decided to tie my skirt into shorts first. I brought the back of my skirt threw between my legs and tucked it in the front of my skirt. Then I took the loose flaps on the side of my skirt and tied them in the front.

“Noona! You look like you’re wearing a big diaper!” Jelo laughed and the others stared to laugh with him… except for Youngguk who was ignoring my existence. That’s cool, I like it better like that.

“Hahaha! I guess you’re right. But it’s better than peeping-toms looking up my skirt.” I noted and looked at The Devil as I spoke.  I noticed that he tightened his hold on his pen, making his knuckles go white. He turned to face me and I raised an eyebrow.

“Just finish cleaning and get out of here.” He said through gritted teeth. I smiled and curtsied.

“As you wish.” I replied sarcastically.

After an hour and a half, I was finally finished cleaning and school had ended for the day. With a wave of his hand, I was dismissed by Yongguk and as I left I said my goodbyes to the rest of them.

I was finally home when I checked my phone. I had revieced one text from an unknown number. I opened it and frowned.

From: Unknown

Jae this is Yongguk. Don’t ask how I got you’re number, you should know the answer to that.

Tomorrow, report to me after school, I have something I need to tell you.

If you don’t do as I command, you know the consequences.

Yongguk 

 

~~~~~

So guys.... yeah I know I haven't updated in forever but you know how school is. It you in, tears you apart, makes you stress about life and then spits you back out. *sigh* Well I hope I can update sooner rather than later. Thank you all for sticking with me so far. I hope I don't dissapoint <3 Love you guys!

-Kim-