Chapter 8: Expect the unexpected

Through the Vintage Camera

“Here we are,” Dongwoon and I stood in front of antique shop that was filled with all sorts of old collections, from the smallest things, like camera, to those big furniture that took up most of the space in the shop. We stepped carefully into the shop, trying not to break anything expensive or valuable.

“Annyeong hasehyo,” Dongwoon greeted politely.

“Ah, annyeong,” An old lady sat in one of the vintage cushioned chairs beside the counters of glass cabinets.

“I’m Dongwoon who called you yesterday regarding the lens? Can I have a look at it?”

“Sure, sure, hold on for a moment. Let me go get those lenses,” The old lady got up from her seat, going behind those cabinets. She took out keys with her trembling hands; it just made me more anxious. “Ah, I believe this this is the one you asked for?”

She handed us the black lens for us to examine. Dongwoon handed it to me from her. I took it with care but knew immediately it wasn’t the one we are looking for. To confirm it further, I glanced through the lens. Nothing but black and white as expected. I shook my head at Dongwoon, whose face fell in disappointment. Minutes later, we got out of the shop feeling down.

“No, don’t say it.” I looked at Dongwoon who was about to say something. “Just count it on our luck, no bad feeling here. We are here for a holiday, don’t you forget that. Come’ on, smile.”

I pulled corners of my mouth up, revealing a funny face. Dongwoon couldn’t help but smile back; his sulk disappeared in an instant. We both knew there isn’t much we could do in the situation, and could only pray the police could capture the thief soon. I would just have to make do with my other DSLR for the time being.

Given the left over free time we had till our flight back to Seoul, we roamed around Busan with care of exposing Dongwoon’s identity.  We made our way to Haeundae Beach, planning to spend the rest of the day there with boat rides around some islands out in the sea. We visited famous seafood restaurant, see the city skyline from our boat ride, taking pictures along the way with my camera.

“Ah, I had so much fun today.” Dongwoon exclaimed, stretching his arms widely above his head. I stood on my guard every single second, squint my eyes to look at things better, which didn’t make any difference. It’s already night time by the time we were heading to the airport. I never known the roads could be so dark in Busan. I should have bought my torch with me!

“Lya? Why are you so jittery?” Dongwoon tapped my shoulder to grab my attention. I jumped at his touch. I gulped at his questioning look, not knowing how to explain theoretical part of my special condition to him. Nerves took over me, making me all unsecured.

“Don’t worry, I’m here,” Dongwoon grinned brightly, reaching out for my hands gently. His hands gripped tight on mine, and held close to his heart. I stared at him, not sure what’s going through his mind right now. However, I was feeling secured with in his hands. My heart was returning to its normal pace.

“Sorry,” I apologized as we continued our road down the airport. It was a short way from the bus stop we got off. “My eyes can’t see much in the dark without light. I couldn’t trust my own sight with all the shadows surrounding me.”

“You should have told me earlier so I could arrange an earlier flight. I should have taken note of that.” Dongwoon pouted.

“It’s really alright! I’m fine.” I tried my best to pull a smile on my face.

“Yeah, because I’m here.” He winked at me. My face reddened at his charming face. No wonder he’s a star. Though my sight was obstructing me in all way, my ears weren’t. I turned around just in time to get a glimpse of a motorist snatching my bag away from me. Not again!

“Come back!” I yelled, trying to run after a motorcycle. How stupid was that?

“Lya! Take this for me!” Dongwoon zoomed past as me as he threw me his back pack. I caught the bag swiftly and stared at him in awe, as he rode on a bike in non-human speed. Not that he was a vampire or what. But the speed was amazing. Soon enough, he disappeared in the darkness, too far my eyes to catch. Bike versus Motorcycle? HA!

“Where are you? Where are you?” I paced around, biting my fingers nervously. Dongwoon’s back pack on my shoulders weighed more than usual. I would be responsible for him if anything happened to him. Plus, he’s the internationally known Beast member! Insane! He’s just insane! How could he just chase after a motor bike with a normal bike?! Please, don’t let anything happen to him, please.

“Lya,” Dongwoon’s faint voice could be heard from afar. I turned immediately to the direction of the voice. He was walking back with the bike; my bag was in his hands.

“Oh my!” I rushed to his side. Dongwoon had a smirk on his face, along his injuries and blood smeared on his face. Without another thought, I wrapped my arms around his neck. A sense of relieve gushed up my heart, triggering my tears. Dongwoon dropped the bike and patted my back, chuckling.

“You’re safe! You’re safe!” I sobbed, wetting his shirt. “Pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!”

 “It’s alright now. Look, I bought your bag back.” Dongwoon pulled away from me, waving the bag in front of me.

“But you injured yourself!” I reached out for his face, my fingers going through those tears. “And we missed our flight! Don’t you dare do that again! You know how expensive you are?! If anything happens, how do I explain to your parents, your friends, your fans, your company and to Beast?! Do you know how worried I am? What…!”

All questions were eradicated as I felt his bloody lips press up against mine. I felt a strange tingling sensation in my lips. I closed my eyes and returned the kiss. As he pulled away, I opened my eyes to find him staring directly into mine. My mouth had gone dry and as I tried to swallow, I felt my flurries in my stomach, all worries before had disappeared in an instant.

“Sorry,” Dongwoon blushed deeply, and then slowly turned into a grin. “I’m alright now.”


Really thanks for the support guys ^^ happy reading!& have a great week ahead!