Chapter 5: A discovery

Through the Vintage Camera

 

About half an hour later, a celebrity van pulled up in front of the police station. I sat on the steps, toying with my smart phone. Which celebrity would come to police station? It’s like a taboo to do so. I stared at the fancy van, trying to guess the identity of the car.

To my surprise, it was Dongwoon! He stepped out of the van, in shades, wearing white simple tee and black leather pants and boots. The only colour on him was him, himself. But no matter what, he’s definitely got a vibe of a superstar.

“Woah,” I don’t know which is more impressive – the celebrity van he got off or colours I was seeing from him.

“Hey, I’m sorry I got here late,” Dongwoon said in a rush. I couldn’t respond back, simply gapping.

“Are you alright? You are in a state of shock. Is it because of the robber?” Dongwoon got closed, doing a visual check on me. I giggled, once again being thrown in his sea of questions. Dongwoon looked at me, dumbfounded.

“Dongwoon, ppalli!” A man commanded, sticking his head out of the van.

“Arraso, let’s go.” Dongwoon took my hand, leading me to the van. I boarded the van to face 5 god-like guys. They were really super stars. I sat awkwardly beside Dongwoon with these guys as the van drove out.

“Hyung, this is Lya, and Lya, this is Beast.” Dongwoon introduced me to them.

“So beast! Annyeong hasehyo! We are Beast!” The five guys did their formal greeting.

“Oh, annyeong hasehyo,” I greeted them back. They introduced themselves one by one, namely manager Jookun, Yoseob, Kikwang, Junhyung, Hyungseung and lastly…

“Annyeong~ I’m DooJoon, the leader of Beast.” This guy who sat beside Dongwoon said.

“Nice meeting you guys,” I smiled. “I’m Lya.”

“Since when did our makane,” DooJoon threw his arm over Dongwoon’s shoulder. In an instant, he became ‘coloured’. My mouth hung open, stunned. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping that I didn’t see the wrong thing. When I opened my eyes once again, he was indeed in colour. “Know someone so pretty like you?”

“Eh?” I was so thrilled about the sight I was, I couldn’t keep up with the conversation. “Sorry, can you say that again?”

“Ah, nothing, Lya,” Dongwoon quickly covered DooJoon’s mouth, silencing him in an instant.

“We are here, Kikwang.” Jookun announced as the van stopped. I looked back at DooJoon, he was back to black and white. Were my eyes playing tricks on me?

“Neh~ See you guys at home and nice meeting you, Lya,” Kikwang gave an eye smile and got off the van with his canvas bag. Then, the van dropped Junhyung and Hyungseung at their company; while DooJoon alighted at on-site for his sit-com. It was left with the four of us in the van. It was more spacious now, and everything except Dongwoon turned back into black and white.

“Is this the place?” Jookun asked, parking the vehicle under my loft.

“Neh,” I nodded. “Thank you very much.”

“Not at all,” Jookun smiled. Though he was just a manager, Jookun still was looking quite suave.

“Thanks, hyung.” Dongwoon and I got off the van. “I’ll be back once I’m done.”

“Be home early!” Yoseob said cheerfully, closing the van door. As the van drove off, we both went upstairs to my loft. I dug under my carpet for a spare key, earning a disapproving look from Dongwoon. Unlocking the door, I invited Dongwoon in. I couldn’t comprehend his expression when he stepped into the house.

“What do you think?” I asked, curious of his opinion.

“Spacious, very spacious,” Dongwoon turned 360 degrees on the spot, giving the house a thorough scan.

“It isn’t what you imagined?” I smiled, walking into the kitchen.

“Neh,” Dongwoon was still absorbed with the design of the house.

“This is my studio,” I followed his gaze to those pictures that filled a section of my house. Dongwoon strolled over; his eyes enjoyed the photographs presented to him.

“Here you go,” I handed him a cup of water.

“Thanks,” He smiled without shifting his gaze from the photos. I hopped onto the table top while he took his time with the photos. I smiled, a little embarrassed for boasting my work like that. All those on the wall were my personal collections and he was the first to look at them.

“I love this,” Dongwoon touched one of the photos on the wall. I turned behind, taking a look. He was mesmerized by my favourite photo on the entire wall. It was a beautiful sunset that falls upon the most beautiful lake in the world – Plitvice Lakes, Croatia. I only got to see once in my life time through my lens. After developing the photo, it was just white and black in my hands. Nevertheless, it was still the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Now, I got to see its beauty once more because of Dongwoon.

I was so stunned by the beauty, the light orange painted itself in the pale blue sky; the greenery on land was at its best condition, dark rich green; the lake gave an exact reflection on the land and the sky, shimmering under the warm orange sun. I stood up, touching the picture as if to see it for the first time. Now, I do envy the people around me.

“What’s wrong?” Dongwoon shifted his hands away from the photo. It was black and white once again. Wait, how did that happened? Why the picture was back to its original state? The picture was in colour when Dongwoon touched it. So did DooJoon, whom I saw ‘coloured’ as he made contact with Dongwoon. I wanted to see it again, just once more.

I turned to Dongwoon with pleading eyes.


HELLO!~ Greetingssssss frommmm EARTH.....

How's your week so far, guys?! I had mine real tough): 

But, don't you always anticipate the weekends, like there's going to be your fav show, your fav music prog, your fav band live on tv or something. These little things just make all the worries goes away & we will be smiling once again! & so! The weekend IS HERE! Starting from tmr! FRIDAY~ Do treat yourself with an ice cream cone or something because you worked hard! 

& ENJOY THE STORY~^^ Hopefully you guys will love it!annyeong!