Chapter 7: 1 day holiday

Through the Vintage Camera

“Attention to passengers for Flight KE1127 to Busan, the last boarding is now taking place. All passengers please kindly board the plane.” The broadcast system announced. I looked at the big sign board in front of me. How long had it been since I sat here? Should I just go alone?

I glanced around, all in black and white. Heaving a sigh, I stood up with my bag pack on hand. I shall set off this journey on my own since I was the one who caused the mess. It had been a week since I was robbed. Dongwoon called just yesterday to announce that he found my vintage lens at Busan.  I was thrilled of course, and he invited me along with this trip to Busan.

Maybe he decided to abandon the trip after all.

I waited in line for my turn to enter through the glass door. In my heart, there was a tiny hope that I could see colours, see him. The service staff called for the next one in line, me. I turned around, hoping that colours would appear.

“Thank you and enjoy your flight,” The staff checked through my passport very quickly. In moments, I was inside beyond those glass doors. I got on the plane halfheartedly. Taking my seat near the window, I started spacing out and waited patiently for the plane to take off.

“Sorry, is this seat taken?” Someone asked.

“Sorry, this seat is…” I turned to look at the person asking and I gapped at the stranger covered from head to toe. But, I know it’s him. “Dongwoon?!”

“Hey,” He grinned brightly at me.

“I thought…” My words couldn’t relay my thoughts properly.

“That I’m not going to come?” Dongwoon took off his black mask. “Then how do you know it’s me?” 

“How is it possible to see you in black and white?” I stated the obvious.

“Ah, right, you can differentiate me by colours. You just totally killed me.” Dongwoon dropped his head backwards absentmindedly. I giggled.

“But, I’m really sorry,” Dongwoon then said seriously.

“It’s nothing. Not much to be sorry about.” I smiled at the innocent face of his.

“But…” He tried to explain himself.

“Big idol stars like you have busy schedules right?” I smiled, trying to assure him. It’s my responsibility to take care of my items in the first place. So, what for, go bother him?

“I thought you never figure that one out.” Dongwoon smirked, giving off the celebrity vibe. “You acted so calmly around me and I thought you will never find out before I told you.”

“I’ve seen too much in my life to be surprise by your presence, mister.” I rolled my eyes then gave him a longing look. “I’m more amazed by how colourful you are.”

“That’s a first to hear such comments. Thank you for your compliments.” Dongwoon grinned at me cheerfully. “So, what do you think of us?”

“Based on first impression?” I thought it through hard. Dongwoon lend his ears to me, listening attentively. “Black and white,” I . Dongwoon rolled his eyes in response. “Nah, you guys are really great people, a really cheerful vibe you guys have. Yoseob in particular was full of energy.”

“Only Yoseob hyung?” Dongwoon eyed me for more complements from me.

“Don’t worry, you are the best because you’re the only one colour in my eyes.” I smiled, a little embarrassed about my words. Dongwoon wasn’t expecting that and a light shade of pink coloured his cheek as he chuckled awkwardly.

“Have you heard any of our songs yet?”  He tried to change the topic, avoiding any more embarrassment between us. I shook my head. I was too occupied with photography to get to know the latest update in the music industry. Dongwoon searched his bag for his Ipod and handed me one side of his earpiece. I took it with anticipation; handsome guys should have a matching voice, right?

After a song or two, I had to admit, their songs very pleasant to the ears. I glanced over at Dongwoon who had fallen asleep due to exhaustion. His angelic face was the most beautiful thing I ever seen. Though his deep eye bags hung below his eyes, his features was just…

“WAHHHH!” Dongwoon ran out cheerfully with his backpack. “This is awesome! How long has it been since I went for a holiday?!”

“Don’t you guys travel overseas often?” I chuckled.

“That’s not counted.” He frowned; turning to face me as I slowly strolled over. “We are only travelling to and fro the hotels and event venue for our performance. We don’t actually tour the place because of the lack of time and overwhelming fans that will gather.”

“What a life,” Being a celebrity had its down side to it too. “Let’s really have fun in our 1 day trip then!”

“Let’s go!” Dongwoon grabbed my wrist, charging to the bus stop. Off we go!