Chapter 3: His identity

Through the Vintage Camera

“Hey, can I ask you something?” Dongwoon asked as we walked towards the main road.

“Sure,” I shrugged, why not? The more I get to look at him, the happier I was. I was seeing colours, for god’s sake!

“What gives you the idea of putting vintage lens into a DSLR? How do you do it? Does it fit for any camera? Do you have a sample of the pictures that was taken by your camera? Can I see it?”  I was totally taken back by the string of question that was thrown at me. I could see the curiosity burning in his eyes.

“Woah,” I chuckled. “That is a lot of questions.”

“Sorry,” He apologized, realizing the effect of his questions.

“I don’t really know how to explain everything.” I scratched my head, not knowing where to start. Plus, would a stranger believe me if I said I was born with the special condition. He would think I am a joke, right? “But, if you are really curious, you can come to my studio to look at my work and I can show you everything about my camera.”

I dug into my bag for a name card, passing it to him. Yes, a black and white classic name card. I was a freelance professional photographer. Dongwoon took the card over, looking at the details. I glanced up at the disappearing sun. Not good.

“I got to go, just give me a call before you come.” I smiled and turned, ready to run to the bus stop.

“Wait,” He grabbed my wrist, stopping me. I turned back, “one last question for you.”

“Yeah?” This guy was really full of questions.

“Do you really not recognize who I was?” Dongwoon smiled brightly, taking off the cap he was wearing.

“Should I know?” I asked curiously.

“Ah, never mind then, see you and be safe,” Dongwoon let go of my hands.

“Goodbye,” I bowed. Strange, we met for the first time and he wanted me to recognize him. I shook my head, rushing off to the bus stop. The last ray of sun light was gone as the bus pulled over at my stop. The world seemed darker than ever.

This was the weakness of my condition. Everything was in black and white in my eyes, the darkness just added on to the dark patches I see, more than those light and white areas. Streets lights were my only source of direction. However, I couldn’t stop feeling insecurities being in the darkness.

I quicken my steps as I moved from one the street lights to the other. Praying that nothing was going to happen, I darted straight to my loft. It was located at the topmost floor of the building. The light switch was easily found at the side of the door. Light!

I heaved a sigh, locking the doors behind me. My loft was more like a warehouse, filled with home furniture. It allowed space for me hang my photos, build up a work studio and live with my precious cameras. There aren’t any separated rooms, except for the bathroom. So, in one glance, you could see the whole loft.

I love this place, and love how secure I felt in it.

“Ah, never mind then, see you and be safe,”

Dongwoon’s words echoed in my head at random. I smiled to myself, pulling out images of him in my brain. He was the first and only person I ever saw in colour. That fair skin of his and that deep dark yet sparkling eyes, his straight white teeth flashed as he smiled.

“Do you really not recognize who I was?”

Now, thinking back, he seemed a little familiar. Where had I seen him? I took my time alone to think about it while taking a bath. I lay, soaked in the bubble bath and my hair tied up in a bun, thinking. Soh Dong Woon… Soh Dong Woon…

*Flash back*

“So, how do you get to know this shop?” Ajusshi Yoon got to work on the camera with his tools.

“Your nephew, Yoon DooJoon, introduced it to me. He told me you are the best.”  The stranger smiled.

“Oh, Doojoon that kid?” Ajusshi Yoon laughed. “He’s a nice boy and an idol star too. You are his friend?”

“Yeah, and group mates to be more precise,” He answered.

“So you are also a star, my dear boy? Looks like my shop is going to be rich with your photo here,” Ajusshi Yoon joked.

*End*

He’s a star. Ah! I remember now, I saw them on the cover page of a magazine a few days ago! They are a famous Korean idol boy group. Their name is…

BEAST


WooHOO!!!Beast's win on music bank!!^^

Awesome stage today~ I'm yours nobody!!!!!!

Have a great weekend ahead!^^ <3