Chapter 2

Real Love

 

After everyone from table 5 ordered their drink except for a certain someone. Chanyeol walked away from the table as fast as he could. When he walked in the back he stopped in front of the soda fountain dispenser and just stood there. He couldn't believe that of all the places he ran into this man at his place of work. “Chanyeol you need any help?” One of the busboys asked him bringing him back to reality. “Ah yeah four cokes, one water and two lemonades” Chanyeol said starting to put ice in some cups.

 

When they were done filling all the drinks. Chanyeol took a deep breath before he stepped back back in from the back of the resturant and made his way towards table number five. He carried the cups with the help of the busboy who was trailing behind him. When they got to the table chanyeol placed the drinks in front of their owners. After they were all set on the table chanyeol turned towards the blond man and without not really wanting to asked “Sir are you sure you don't want anything to drink?” . Chanyeol was facing the man but not really looking into his eyes instead he was focusing his gace oh the wall behind him. But still chanyeol could feel the males eyes burning into his face. “Come on man get something. You said you were thristy when we were heading over here” One of the male's companions said giving him a nudge on the ribs. The blond male's eyes didn't leave chanyeol's face but he did open his mouth to speak “yeah...I'll have water”.

 

Chanyeol nooded his head and then asked everyone if they were ready to order. When they finally ordered chanyeol headed back towards the back ignoring the fact that the male handn't stopped staring at him the whole time. He felt really unconfortable. After chanyeol filled one of the cups with water he walked over to the busboy from before. “hey can you please take this to table five for me?” he asked handing the boy the cup. Why am I acting like this? Chanyeol thought once the boy had walked away with drink in hand. I never thought I would see him again after last time. Chanyeol wasn't one to ignore his problems so they way he was behaving in the precense of the blond man bothered him, but when he first saw him he didn't know what to do or say so he decided just to ignore him and pretend like he didn't know him. Yes chanyeol knew he was being very immature, but then again that blond man always brought out that side of him.

 

Chanyeol kept his little act going throughout the rest of his shift. When he brought out the table's food he carefully but quickly set the plates on the table. The people on the table chattered among themselves except for one person. The pain and frustration now never leaving the blond males brown orbs. If chanyeol had been happy before that it was his last thirty minutes before he could go home now it seemed like the slowedt thirty minutes of his life. Everytime he walked into the hot kitchen he would glance up at the clock on the wall and groan when closing time didn't seem to get any closer.

 

After table five had finshed eating to chanyeol's delight, he gave them their receipts and left before coming back a few minutes later when he saw that they had set their money and credit cards down. Chanyeol made his way in the back towards the register and swipped cards and collected change for those who needed it. He was almost done going through all the receipts when he pulled one that had something written on it. Chanyeol looked at the perfect handwriting and his eyes widened as he read what it said.

 

Chanyeol please talk to me

 

The tall man didn't know what he should do next. He stood there in front of the register for a couple minutes before he grabbed a hold of a pen from his apron  and quickly scribling something on the recipt below the the perfect handwriting. Chanyeol's usual sloppy handwriting looked even more messy below the perfect handwriting on top of it.

 

I can't

 

Chanyeol looked down at the receipt in his hand. He shook his head and scratched his head before once again putting his pen to the paper and scratching out what he had written down. When he was done with all the receipts he stepped back into the restaurant. When he got to the front of the table he placed credit cards, Money and recceipts next to the person that they belonged to. He handed back the receipt with his crossed out writing last before saying in his cheery voice “Thank you for coming. Please enjoy the rest of your night” even though he felt far from it. Chanyeol ignored the way that the blond male looked when he glanced over his receipt and he turned to start to make his way back towards the back of the restaurant.

 

“What is this!” A disgruntled voice said behind him. Chanyeol's shoulders slumped and he sighed before he turned back towards the male who's voice had come from. “Is everything correct sir?” Chanyeol asked in his most proffecional voice.

 

“Why are you acting like this” The blond male said in a shaky voice now. “Sir I don't know what you mean” Chanyeol wanted to get the hell out of there. He didn't like the direction that this was going. “Chanyeol please..” the blond male trailed off.

 

“You know him?” A girl with bright red hair at the table asked looking from the blond male to chanyeol. “He is my--” The male started to say before he was cut off by chanyeol “Sir I think everything is accurate. If you need futher help I will send someone to assist you. Please have a good night” with that Chanyeol his heel and dodged towards the back of the restaurant as fast as he could without giving a look back.

 

When he was out of sight to the people inside the restaurant where the tables were he put his back to one of the walls and leaned his head agaist the hard surface. That was close, he thought closing his eyes for a few seconds. A few minutes later he went into the kitchen were the cooks were already putting everything back in its place and starting to clean up. Chanyeol looked up at the clock and was glad that it was closing time already. He put his order notbook in the stack with all the others and grabbed one of they trays that they used to clear the tables of dirty disher or anything that shouldn't be there. Chanyeol grabbed the tray with both hands and started to head back towards the inside of the restaurant were the tables were, but he stopped when he looked at a perticular table and he saw the blond male there seated alone.

 

Chanyeol stared at him for a minute until the blond male looked up from the table and looked back at him. Chanyeol gulped as the male made to stand up. With the tray still in hand Chanyeol turned around and walked back into the hidden part of the restaurant. “Henry i'll give you my tip money for table five if you clean it up for me” Chanyeol said when he stepped in front of the busboy that had helped him before. When henry agreed and took the tray from his hands Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief that he wouldn't have to go near the man again. He started to put a few things away and gething somethings ready for tomorrow. When he was done he unwrapped the apron from around his waist and was about to head for the back door when he got curious. To his surprise the inside of the restaurant was empty except for a few employees still organizing. The blond male he knew so well was no were in sight.

 

Chanyeol who could finally breath easy headed towards the back door. He said a quick goodbye to the cooks in the kitchen as he passed them. He opened the door and was consumed by the darkness of the night. The only light coming from the shinning of the moon. Everything had a white blue-ish glow to it. As he made his way towards were he had parked his car in the morning he dug his hand inside his right pocket to fetch his keys. He felt a hand land on one of his shoulders and pin him against the driver's side door. Faster then he even knew he could Chanyeol pushed his body back and turned around. He Put his arm agaisnt the person's neck and now pinned them agaisnt the brick wall. When the lighting from the moon settled on the person's face chanyeol quickly dropped his arm and make to turn back towards his car.

 

“Why are you being like this!” the male behind him yelled as he took a hold of one of chanyeol's shoulders stopping his movements. Chanyeol just stood there without saying anything. He really couldn't think of a single thing to say to the male. “Chanyeol!” the male yelled again and this time he walked in front of chanyeol blocking his way towards his car. “I'm...sorry” Chanyeol muttered looking down at his feet.

 

The man in front of him sighed and shifted the hand that was on chanyeol's shoulder to chanyeol neck. Chanyeol looked back up to find the male in front of him looking right into his eyes. The man slowly moved his hand higher on chanyeol's neck so that his thumb could reach chanyeol's cheek. He rubbed his thumb agaisnt chanyeol's soft skin. “You don't have anything to be sorry for. I guess it was surpricing to see me after such a long time. Especially after how things ended last time” A warm smile crept on his face.

 

“Luhan....” chanyeal wispered while Luhan kep moving his thumb on his cheek. The next thing Chanyeol knew Luhan was leaning his head towards his, Chanyeol eyes widened and he quickly moved his head to the side “What are you doing?” chanyeol asked placing his hand on Luhan's chest and pushing him away. Luhan looked like someone had just took away his favorite toy. Chanyeol hated that he was hurting Luhan again like he had before. “Luhan it's been a little over a year. Why haven't you moved on” It wasn't really a question “Im sorry, but I still feel like I did before and I have someone in my life now” It was now Luhan's turn to drop his head. Luhan felt like he was back outside getting rained on like he had been more then a year ago. He's heart dropped to the bottom of his stomach. As time had gone on Luhan had thought that his feelings for the tall man had faded, but it only took one look at Chanyeol for all his feelings to hit him like a speading truck. Luhan clenched his hands tighly agaisnt his sides. He felt pathetic, he felt like nothing, he felt like . Why did he have to have these feelings for someone that didn't feel the same way about him.

 

“I have to go” Chanyeol said walking around Luhan who didn't move. Before he could be stopped again Chanyeol opened the door to his car and quickly got inside. As the engine came to life Luhan finally turned towards the car and watched in silence as it pulled out before driving away.

Chanyeol was driving over the speed limit, he gripped the steering wheel so tight that his hands almost hurt. He wanted to get home as fast as possible. Flashes from the past started running through his head.

 

Please don't leave me

Im sorry

I can change

I didn't mean it. I take it back.

I love you

 

He didn't know why Luhan's pain still affected him so much even now. Maybe it was because he still felt some guilt from the things he had said to the man before. He knew he had been hash, but he had no other choice.

 

A little over a year ago chanyeol had been in a relationship with Luhan. It was Chanyeol's first real relationship. Chanyeol had been intruduced to the older male by a mutual friend. Though their first dates were a little bit awkward it didn't take long for them to quickly warm up to each other. Luhan always made Chanyeol laugh and vice versa. One day when chanyeol was over at Luhan's apartment for a movie night Luhan confessed his feelings for the younger. Chanyeol had felt like he was going to blow up from happiness because he had grown to harbor feelings for the older man as well. When Luhan asked him to be his boyfriend Chanyeol had said yes and engulfed Luhan in a tight hug. Their relationship had been filled with hot kisses, hugs and soon after I love yous. Until...

 

Chanyeol turned the key in the ignition and the engine died down. He was parked in one of the parking spots outside the apartments were he lived. He had no idea how he had gotten there. Chanyeol sat there in the silence of his car still remembering some of the things from the past. He really hadn't visited his past in a long time. Now that he had Baekhyun in his life he only lived in the present and looked forward to a future filled with happiness along his loved one.

 

When he stood at the foot of the door to his and Baekhyun's apartment he paused there for a second. He stared at the bright red paint on the door. Chanyeol shock his head as if he was traying to shake away his thoughts of  his past lover. It worked as soon as his thoughts started to drift towards the man that he currently loved. He quickly unlocked the door with his key and turned the door knob remembering that there was someone waiting inside for him.

 

“baby im home” Chanyeol happily exclaimed as he took his shoes off and stacked them on the rack next to the door. He made his way to their room and saw no one was in there. Their bed was still made from when Baekhyun had made it that morning. Hmm where is he? Chanyeol thought as he walked over to the bathroom and saw that the lights in there were off. Next he made his way into the kitchen. The kitchen looked spotless with the counters free of clutter except for a plate covered in plastic wrap. Strange, he said he would be here. Chanyeol pocked his head into the small living room and saw no one there. He retrieved his phone from his pocket and speed dialed baekhyun's phone number. A few seconds later he heard a noise coming from the living room. With his phone still attached to his ear Chanyeol started towards where the noise was coming from with small step. He put his phone down when he saw Baekhyun on the sitting down on the floor with his head resting on top of his arms on the coffee table. As soon as chanyeol ended the call Baekhyun's phone becase silent next to a pile of papers on the table. He must have gotten tired from all this work.

Baekhyun was breathing in and out steadily. Chanyeol thought Baekhyun looked so cute sleeping, but he had to move him to the bed because his current position didn't look very confortable and his body would surely be sore in the morning. So he made his way to the smaller man and made to grap im from inder his armpits and pulling him up towards him. Baekhyun groaned in his sleep as he was pulled up and placed against chanyeol's chest. “mmmm..” he mumbled. The younger wrapped his arms around Baekhyun thin waist and started walking towards their room.

 

Half way there he felt warm arms snake around his neck “You're awake”, he said with a smile in his voice. “Mhmmm” Baekhyun said lazily as he nuzzled his face into the crook of chanyeol's neck. “It seems like you have been working since you got out from work. You should go back to sleep. We're almost at the bed” Chanyeol said tightening his grip on Baekhyun.

 

“It's okay i've already slept some. I made you some food i'll heat it up for you. Baekhyun lifted his head from chanyeol's neck, his eyes still half shut.

 

“No it's alright I can do that myself. You go back to sleep” Chanyeol ordered knowing that the older must really be tired. “Chan--”

Baekhyun started before he was cut of by chanyeol giving him a kiss on the forehead and sitting him down on their shoft bed. “I'm a grown man, I can at least heat up a plate in the microwave” chanyeol said and Baekhyun sunk down on his pillow traying very hard to keep his eyes opened. “Okay im sorry”, he said. Chanyeol ran his finger through Beakhyun's forhead and removed some on the hair that was covering his eyes, before leaning down and placing a light kiss on it. “I'll be back you sleep”, he said and walked out of their room.

 

After chanyeol Heated up his food he walked over to their living room couch and the tv, he started  stuffing the hot food into his mouth. He watched a music show that was on when he the tv, not bothering to change the channel. When he couldn't eat anymore he sat the plate on the coffee table and layed back confortably agaisnt the couch. His eye lids started becoming heavy and it was gething harder and harder for him to keep his eyes open. Chanyeol closed his eyes and fell sleep until he felt arms wrap around his neck lightly. He his eyes shot open.

 

“Now it's my turn to get you to bed” Beakhyun giggled from behind the couch. He tightened his grip around  chanyeol. Baekhyun placed his head next to chanyeol and kissed his cheek. “haha if only you weren't so big I could carry you” He laughed. “come on lets go” Baekhyun said unwrapping his arms from around Chanyeol.    He walked over to the tv and turned it off before walking back towards chanyeol and grabbing his hand. “I can't sleep confortably withouth you next to me”, he pulled him by the arm and chanyeol stood up and followed his boyfriend into their bedroom.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[Pictures belongs to its rightful owner]

 

(A/N)  Hey guys :) So the mistery guy was Luhan.  He is  Chanyeol's ex-boyfriend. Did anyone guess that it would be him? No? Yes?....

Like i said in my chapter 1 a/n i picked the EXO members that would be in this at random.  I got Luhan as the ex, wierd paring right? haha well i still find it interesting i guess this won't turn out to be your typical fanfaic :)

 

What do you guys think of how i portray Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's relationship or behavior around each other?  I wanted it to be subtle, but for it to still be able to warm your heart.  I didn't want to write their relationship like a teenage relatioship since they are young man in t his fic.  

So that's it for my a/n. Oh! do you guys think each chapter is a good length? I try and write four pages for each chapter!

 

Please comment & subscribe :)