Chapter 3

Real Love

 

Chanyeol pulled his beanie tighter on his head. It was the middle of winter and he could hardly feel his ears. He looked around at his surroundings. All the snow covering the ground made everything glow with a white light. All the surrounding trees were decorated with delicate icicles.

 

Chanyeol looked head of himself and watched the man he was slowly following come to a stop and lift the camera that had been holding, and put it up to his face.  The man aimed it at a bird on one of the tree's branches.  After taking a few snap shots he slowly put the camera down still holding it with one hand. He admired the bright red bird for a few more seconds before turning to look back at chanyeol who was slowly walking towards him.

 

A warm smile crept upon his face. Just that smile made chanyeol feel a little bit warmer, even with the cold wind flowing harshly agaisnt his face. “Come on you slowpoke the lighting isn't going to stay like this for much longer”, the man said waving over with the hand that wasn't holding the camera. Chanyeol grunted as he eyed and picked up his pase. “Why am I doing this again?” Chanyeol asked for the 5th time.

 

“How many times have I told you already it's for my final project. I have to add more pictures to my portfolio so that I can turn it in at the end of the semester”, the man said once chanyeol stopped next to him. “I know that, but why do I have to be the model” Chanyeol protested looking at the other “because you'll do it for free”, the man continued giving that warm smile of his once again. Chanyeol sighed, you could see the air exit his lips in the form of a grey vapor. “You cheap bastard”, he said playfully punching the other on the arm.

 

“come on we have to find the perfect spot”, the man said starting to walk again in the diff that they had been headed in before he had stopped to take the picture.  Chanyeol again started after the other, but this time keeping up with him. Chanyeol looked the the man next to him who was scaning his sourounings. “There!”, the man finally said as he pointed towards the edge of what looked to be a forest. There were numerous trees next to each other covered in that cold white powder.

 

After both males made their way towads the trees they stopped at the foot of the forest. “Okay so how do you want me?” chanyeol asked walking over  to one of the trees. He hugged the trunk with both his arms and wrapped on of his legs around it. “y huh”, he added wiggling his eyebrows at the other who laughed at him. “uh how about we save the y time for later on tonight”, he said with a mischivious smile playing on his lips. Chanyeol his dry lips and let go of the tree. “Okay now lets get down to it. Just look up at the branches above your head” The male said lifting his camera closer to his face. Chanyeol did as he was told asking “like this?”.

 

“Can you put some emotion to it. Try and change your face expression into a peaceful one”, the other odered. Chanyeol did what he thought was a peaceful expression and started hearing clicks as the camera started going of. He changed his face angle slowly as the clicks kept going.

 

“Okay that will do” the other said finally putting the camera down and letting it  hang on its string around his neck. “awesome!” Chanyeol exclaimed and walked over to the other. “Let's go now I can't even feel my anymore”, he joked. “Geez you're so whiny” the other retorted, but still smiled.

 

“Hey! You were the one who made me come outside were it feels like the inside of of fridge on my birthday. I am allowed to whine a little” chanyeol rubbed his hands together hoping that the friction would make them warm.

 

“aww you little cry baby how am I supposed to believe it's your birthday when you're whinning like a little kid” the male next to chanyeol said, but he stopped walking making chanyeol stop next to him too. He took the scaft that had been wrapped around his own neck off and pulled it around chanyeol's before wrapping it around his neck. Then they both started again on their way back to his car. “I know how I can make it up to you. My mom said to bring you over to the house, she is going to throw a diner for your birthday. The whole family is going to be there” he continue.

 

“Well thats not really you making it up to me. It's more like your mom making it up to me, but lets go”, Chanyeol said now in a cheerful voice as he swung one of his long arms on the other male's shoulders. “Hey at least you are going to have some of my mom's delicious home cooking. She really likes you, you know” The other male wrapped his arm around the other's waist and let his hand rest inside the other's back pocket. “She says that you are a good influence on me” he laughed a little “If only she knew that you can be worse then me sometimes”, the male continued. “what are you talking about im just an innocent young man” Chanyeol exclaimed in a fake innocent voice. The blond male next to him only tsked.

 

When they got by the car still holding each other they stopped next to it. Chanyeol dropped his arm from around the other's shoulders and was about to get in when he was stopped when the other said “Oh wait I wanted to give you your present before we go to mom's house”.

 

The male pressed the unlock button on his keychain. As soon as the sound of the car's doors unlocking was heard he opened the back door to the passagers seats and pulled a small white box with a grey bow on it. “Happy birthday”, he said extending his hand to chanyeol who took it and examined it with curious eyes. “What is this?” he asked wiggling the box in front of him. “Open it and you'll see” the other answered. Quickly Chanyeol took the top off the box and was happily surpriced when he saw the ring that it contained. The ring was black with intricate designs that went all the way around it. “waoh” was all he could manage to say as he took it from the box and attempted to put it on one of his long fingers.

 

“You like it?” The man next to him asked with a smile. “I know how you like wearing rings a lot so thats why I got it for you”, he said as he watched chanyeol, who had managed to get the ring on his finger and was now flipping his hands from side to side admiring the rings at all angles possible. “I like it” chayeol said after he put his hand down.

Chanyeol started to lean his head in towards the other. When they were only inches from each other they both closed their eyes, the other male closing the distance between them. They could feel the cold on each others lips when they met, as their kiss intensified Chanyeol started to feel the other male starting to push him backwards onto the car. Chanyeol hissed in the kiss when he felt the cold car's surface against his back, but he didn't break the kiss, instead he wrapped an arm around the others neck and pulled him closer to himself. Their lips molded together in perfect sync. When they felt the ache in their lungs indicating that they needed air they pulled their lips apart but kepts their foreheads against each others. “I love you”, the man said with his eyes still closed. Chanyeol smiled and said “I love you”, with his eyes closed as well.

Chanyeol's eyes shot upon. What was that? Was his first thought when he thought back to the dream he had just had. He found it weird that he had had a dream about Luhan. Well maybe it wasn't so weird considering that he had just seen him the night before. It was only weird to him because he hadn't had a dream about him in a really long time. Chanyeol yawned and rubbed his face with one of his hands. He thought about the dream, more like a memory. It felt like a life time that he had spend that cold evening in the snowy park with his then boyfriend Luhan.

 

Chanyeol turned his head towards the window and saw the blue-ish glow of the fading night and coming morning. He started to sit up, but stopped when he noticed the arm lazily wrapped on his torso. Letting his body weight fall back comfortably on the matress again he looked over at Baekhyun who was sound sleep facing him. Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun took shallow breaths in and out. The dream all but forgotten. Chanyeol inched his face closer to Baekhyun's and gave him a quick peck on the lips. Baekhyun only hummed unconscioucly as he kept on sleeping.

 

Chanyeol pulled back and carefully pulled the hand on his torse off and put it next to Baekhyun's side. He got up from the bed started going about the room collecting his clothes for work, he walked over to the restroom when he was done. After he had took a quick shower and gotten dressed he went out into the kitchen and poured coffee in a mug, this time making sure it was not too hot like it had been yesterday before taking a sip.

 

An hour later Chanyeol heard the door of his room open and looked up from the tv to see a sleepy Baekhyun making his way towards the couch that he was sitting on. Chanyeol found his eyes lingering on Baekhyun who was only wearing his pajama pants.

 

Baekhyun plopped next to Chanyeol on the couch.  “How come you are awake so early?”, he asked covering a yawn with his hand. “I don't know I just woke up” Chanyeol answered. “Mmmm what should I make for breakfast?” Baekhyun asked biting

his bottom lip. “Done” Chanyeol said smiling. “I thought since I woke up a little early I should make you something for breakfast instead. I hope you're in the mood for some heart shaped pancakes” Chanyeol said excitedly. “You really made heart shaped pancakes?” Baekhyun asked just as excited.

 

“Nah I was just kidding, but I did make some pancakes” Chanyeol lightly laughed. “Yeah I was about to say that was so corny of you” Baekhyun said smiling. “Should we eat now?” he asked looking over to the kitchen. “Later. Just sit here with me for a little bit”, chanyeol said sliding closer to Baekhyun and pulling the other onto his lap. Baekhyun shifted his weight traying to get comfortable as he said “Ok”.

 

Chanyeol spread his legs wide open letting the other sink in between them so that he would be sitting on the couch as well but in between his legs. Both their legs were hanging from the couche's egde and Baekhyun's was pressed agaisnt chanyeol's warn chest. Chanyeol leaned his head towards baekhyun and pressed a couple slow kisses along his back, close to his shoulder before he put his chin agaisnt Baekhyun's right shoulder and they both started watching tv.

 

Later that morning Chanyeol was driving to work like he did most mornings. He had left Baekhyun back at their apartment, as Baekhyun didn't have to get to work just yet. Chanyeol smiled when he ran a hand over his hair as he remembered how the older had brushed his hair for him when he had complained that he hasn't done a good job himself.

 

Chanyeol arrived the restaurants employee parking lot and took one of the empty spots. He turned the car off and leaned his head back agaisnt the head rest. Another work day again just like any other, he thought. But then suddenly Luhan crept into his mind and he started to remember their encounter from yesterday night and the look that he had seen on the older's face when the car's head lights had shown over his face as he pulled out to drive off.

 

Chanyeol groaned before he opened the door and climbed out the car. As usual he tucked in his uniform shirt before opening the restaurant's back door and walking in. “Morning pops”, he greeted one of the cooks in there as he walked over the the familiar shelf with the stack of order notebooks. After he wrapped his black apron around his waist he walked over to the front of the restaurant where the main entrance was and waited for people to make their way in.

 

Throughout the day as chanyeol waited on people he couldn't help, but feel slightly nervous as he half expect Luhan to walk in through the door at anytime. Later in that afternoon Chanyeaol walked into the kitchen to grab the tray with one of his orders, he looked up at the clock and saw that it was almost time for him to get off and Luhan had not shown up there yet. Chanyeol laught at himself for thinking that Luhan would come to the restaurant only to look for him. Did he really think himself to he was  that important to the older male? Chanyeol was brought out of his reverie when one of the cooks told him his tray was ready and he could take it into the restaurant now.

 

The tall man kept on doing his job like he had been before and before he knew it it was already time for him to check out and head home. He put some last things in order before he took of his apron and but the orderbook with all the orders. “Any plans for tonight?”, dongho another waiter asked as he put his order notebook in the pile on top of the one chanyeol had just pilled there.

 

“Not much just going out for some drinks” Chanyeol answered as he stuffed all his tip money into his wallet. “Lucky I have to go to my girlfriend's bestfriend's birthday party. Can you believe that?” Dongho, exclaimed with a not so happy expression on his face.

 

“bummer”, chanyeol expressed before adding “Well i'll see ya later” then waving a quick goodbye at him and heading for the back door to exit into the employee parking lot. When he was outside he felt the sun's heat against his face and walked over to his car. He looked around the parking lot, yet again no Luhan in sight. When he opened the door to his car and climbed in a breath of relief excaped his lips.

 

Chanyeol struggled in his seat as he tried to fetch his cellphone from his front pocket. When he finally managed to take it out he dialed a number and put the phone next to his ear.

 

“Hey husband!”, he heard a cheery voice answer the phone call. “Yixing you really have got to quit it with that” Chanyeol said slightly annoyed at his best friend's greeting. “Oh come on so its fine only when you feel like playing around, but not when I want to?” Yixing said in a fake annoyed tone “what kinda best friend are you?” he continued in the same tone.

 

Chanyeol smirked “oh is my wife getting mad at me?” chanyeol chuckled as he said it. “You little...” Yixing started and started to laugh lightly. “So what's up!” he said sounding as excited as he had been when he had answered the phone. “Not much just making sure our plans for drinks tonight is still on” Chanyeol said in question, he rubbed his fingers agaisnt the leather of the steering wheel. “yeaah..why wouldn't they be?” Yixing asked.

 

“Becuase with you one can never be too sure” Chanyeol laughed. “what is that supposed to mean?!” Yixing asked squinting his eyes at the other end of the line. “oh nothing nothing” chanyeol answered. “Okay whatever” Yixing said before he heard someone calling on the other line. “oh hey I have to go i'm getting another call, but yeah i'll see you later tonight”, he added. Chanyeol put his key into the ignition “ok”, he said but it was too late because Yixing had already hung up on him. “I swear” he said as he threw his phone on the passenger seat next to his own. He turned the key and the car hummed as it came to life. He pulled out and drove off in the direction for home.

 

Chanyeol opend the door to his apartment with his key and walked in taking off his shoes at the door, stacking them on the shoe rack. He walked over to his and Baekhyun's room barefoot and made his way to their small walk in closet. He ran his hands throught the dress shirts that were hanging on the rail. Nope, he thought as he decided that he should dress more causually for his visit to the bar where he would be meeting Yixing and later Baekhyun, who would be heading to the bar after he was done with his classes for the day. Chanyeol stepped over to the white wooden shelfs were they kepts their t-shirts folded and decided on wearing a v-neck graphic t-shirt. Next he picked his favorite pair of white jeans, he swung the clothes over his shoulder as he walked out and threw It on his bed before heading for the shower.

 

A few minutes later Chanyeol walked out of the shower with a towel tighly wrapped around his waist and a smaller towel over his wet hair. He walked over to his room and started putting the clothes he had picked before on. When he walked over to one of the dressers next to the bed to get a pair of socks he saw that his phone was glowing. He picked up the phone that he had set in the nightstand before he walked in the shower and unlocked it.

 

Chanyeol had a missing call from his best friend. “What does he want now”, chanyeol said out loud. He selected the call back option and waited for his friend to pick up. When he heard the ringing stop he asked what he had just asked himself  a few seconds ago “what do you want now?”

 

“So rude” Yixing could be heard on the other end of the line. “So can you come pick me up and take me to the bar with you?”, he asked in a happier tone. “uh don't you have a car?”, Chanyeol asked his best friend. “Yeah, but I want to get FU--” Yixing was cut off by Chanyeol “oh and you want me to be your damn designated driver? Oh hell no remember last time” Chanyeol cringed at the memory of his best friend throwing up inside the back seat of his precious car. No Chanyeol wasn't going to let that happen again.

 

“Oh don't be a party pooper” Yixing whinned. “You're not going to deny your best friend a little fun are you?” he continued on whinning. “ugh” Chanyeol groaned “fine whatever, but you better be ready when I honk my horn or else!!” Yixing laughed at Chanyeol's sentence and repeated “horn huh” in a mischievous voice.

 

“uhh you're so dirty” Chanyeol said in a irritated voice. “You love me shut up!” Yixing said as he chuckled. Chanyeol smilled “just be ready, you son off a--” Chanyeol was cut off by the a sound going off on the phone that indicated the call had ended, once again Yixing had hung up on him. “” chanyeol cursed out loud. Chanyeol pressed the red button on his phone and looked at the time. Hmm Baekhyun should be here already to change, chanyeol thought. Baekhyun always came home after work was over and changed his clothes before heading out again for school.

 

To: Baekkie

From: Chanyeol

Baby where are you? I'm already home. Isn't it around the time that you get here?

 

Chanyeol pressed the send button and put on a pair of white socks as he waited for a reply. Five minutes later his phone buzzed as he received a new text message.

 

From: Baekkie

To: Chanyeol

 

Oh yeah sorry today Mr. Lee wanted me to stay a little later to help him file some documents. I didn't have enough time left to head home and change. Right now im heading to my first class.

 

Chanyeol frowned down at his phone, he thought Baekhyun over worked himself sometimes. He quickly typed in a reply.

 

To: Baekkie

From: Chanyeol

 

You work too hard. I am about to head over to pick up Yixing so we can head over to the bar. Maybe you should come home after your last class and rest up a bit instead of going to meet up with us  :(

 

Chanyeol had to wait ten minutes for a reply back. In the mean time he pulled his shoes from under the bed and put them on. His phone went off again.

 

From: Baekkie

To: Chanyeol

 

No it's okay I want to go. Believe me after a day like today I need it.

 

Shaking his head chayeol looked down at his phone before typed in his own reply.

 

To: Baekkie

From: Chanyeol

 

Okay if that's what you want i'll see you there.

 

Chanyeol pressed the send button sending his massage.

 

From: Baekkie

To: Chanyeol

 

See ya later honey cakes! :)

 

Chanyeol smiled as he read Baekhyun's reply and stayed there staring at it for a few seconds before stuffind the phone in his right jeans pocket. Ready to head out he walked out his room and into the living room, he picked up his keys from the table where he had set them when he had walked past it when he first entered the apartment.

 

 

Chanyeol honked his car's horn. He was parked in front of Yixing's house. He had called his best friend when he first arrived to let him know to come out, but now five minutes later no Yixing in sight. He honked one more time and was about to honk again when he saw Yixing step outside of his house, turning to look the door. “ what did I tell you! You little bastered!” Chanyeol exclaimed once Yixing had climmed inside the car. “calm your man” Yixing said in a normal voice as he fixed his hair in the mirror in front of his seat. Chanyeol only rolled his eyes and but put his car on reverse to pull out of Yixing's parking lot. Yixing started messing with the radio traying to find a good station.  Chanyeol started driving heading towards the bar.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[Pictures belongs to its rightful owner]

 

(A/N) Hola guys!! :D  How was my 3rd chapter?  Oh and i want to clarify that the dream Chanyeol had is actually something that happened when he was still in a relationship with Luhan! Hmm what else?!  Oh! what do you think of Chanyeol's friendship with Lay? :) I think thats most of it for this a/n.  I had to cut this chapter because it was starting to be 7 pages!! So now i have more then half for chapter 4!! I'll work on that whenever i have some extra time.  Today i am going to work with my friend on the fic i am co-auther-ing lol It Was Always Me please check it out. It has a totally different vibe from this one :)

Well have a good day.

 

Please comment & subscribe!!! ^_^