Chapter 1

Real Love

 

Chanyeol twirled the spoon inside the hot cup of coffee set in front of him. It was early in the morning, birds could still be heard chirping outside the apartments windows. Just like any other day. Chanyeol was in his apartment sitting down having his usual morning coffee. He picked up his cup to take a sip and hissed when he felt the hot liquid burning down his throught. He silently cursed to himself as he put down the cup containing the scorching drink back onto the table. His whining was interupted by the sound of the bedroom door opening. A smile spread across his face when he looked up at the man who was sluggisly making his way to one of the chairs next to the table in front of him.

 

The boy was wearing his usual pajama bottoms and one of chanyeol's t-shirts. The shirt looked extra large on the man's small frame. Chanyeol sat there looking lovingly at his lover from across the table taking in all his sleepy beauty. He looked so cute rubbing his eyes with the back of one of his hands.

 

“Why didn't you wake me”, the man asked finally looking directly at chanyeol through unfocused eyes “I should have started making breakfast already”, he started to stand up, but was stopped when Chanyeol reached towards him with one of his big hands across the table and placed it over one of his small hands “It's okay beak im not really hungry” chanyeol smiled traying to reasure his boyfriend.

 

The truth was that he was really starving since he hadn't had anything to eat since lunch the day before. He just couldn't bring himself to wake up the man he had woken up next to when he saw how comfortable he looked fast sleep.

 

Baekhyun put his other hand on top of chanyeol's that was holding onto his on the table. With both hands now holding chanyeol's larger ones he slowly picked it up from the table and held it to his lips before giving it a quick kiss “I know you didn't eat anything last night” with that he gently set chanyeol's hand back down on the table and this time he really stood up and made his way into the kitchen.

 

Not long after the noise of pots and pans hitting an unknow surface reached chanyeol's ears. Forgetting his previous accident chanyeol picked up the cup in front of him and unconciously took a rather large sip. This time he could feel his taste buds yelling back at him in anger as the coffee flowed around in his mouth. Not wanting to feel the horrible burn in his throught for a second time Chanyeol quickly spit back out the coffee onto the cup. He stuck out his tongue and blew in and out as if traying to put out the fire dancing at the edge of his tongue.

It didn't really help. Just then he heard the familiar sound of his phone indicating that he was getting a call. After a quick look at the coller I.D he pressed the green asnwer button “what do you want yixing?” he asked without a greeting. “wow I don't even get a good morning or anything?” the man on the other side of the line said feign a hurt voice.

 

“morning sweatheart” chanyeol chucked a bit at his own words and he could hear the person on the phone do that same “So what do you want huh? I know it can't be good if you are calling me at these early ours of the day” Chanyeol was used to his best friends randomness, but not at what? Seven in the morning.

 

“aah my wife knows me too well. But since you asked. Yes, I do want something” Chanyeol sighed with his ear still attached to his phone. He knew it. Yixing went on “can you please cover my shift for me this afternoon?” Chanyeol didn't give it much thought before quickly asnwering with a firm “No” he could hear a groan on the other end of the line “Come on please? Pretty please with rainbows and unicorns on top?” Is he serious? He asked himself with a judging brow inching closer to his hairline. Of course Yixing couldn't see this so he just kept begging with a annoyingly sweet voice “Please please please pleaseeeeee” Chanyeol burst out laughing knowing that he couldn't refuse his friend's request anymore after that childish plea. “Fine” he finally gave in wanting his friend to shut his mouth and quit giving him second hand embarrasement. “ Why aren't you going anyways?” Chanyeol asked while he turned the cup on the table with the hand that wasn't holding his phone up.

 

“I have a y date tonight” His best friend said in an excited voice totally different from the whiny baby-ish one he had been using only moments ago. Chanyeol stopped twirling his cup and looked in front of him focusing more on the conversation. “with who?” he asked playfully

 

“with...” Yixing said before adding a dramatic pause “..none of your business” Now Yixing giggled. This guy! Chanyeol thought. The nerve!

 

“Well then I guess you're not going since there is no one to cover your shift for you” Chanyeol only said this to try and get some dirt from the other. Yixing's attitude quickly changed as he said “Come on don't be like that. I just want to see if this is going to turn into anything before I tell anyone about it. Ok?”

 

Chanyeol's shoulders slumped as he gave up on his best friend spilling the beans. “ok” he said in a not so happy tone. “We are still meeting for drinks tomorrow right?” Yixing asked reminding chanyeol of the plans he had previously made with the other. He had actually forgot “uh yeah” he asnwered.

 

“alright then later...” Yixin's happy voice sounded out. “WAIT!” chanyeol yelled into the reciever. “whats up?” his friend asked in a confused voice. “Don't let your date touch you in any places that your husband wouldn't approve of” Now chanyeol was just having a little fun with his friend. Yixing tsked before saying “don't worry my y body is only for you to touch” Chanyeol could almost picture Yixing winking as he said it.

 

“ehh no Yixing! Just no!” chanyeol said faking a vomiting sound. “hey you started it!” Yixing teased. “Alright then well i'll talk to you later I have lots of things to today so I can be on top of my game tonight”. Chanyeol heard the line go silent after that and assumed the other had hung up. Rude, he thought ending the call as well and setting his phone down on the table. He stood up and stretched his long body before grabbing the cup of what used to be his coffee, now a nasty coffee spit cocktail. He walked into the kitchen where Baekhyun was stirring what looked to be eggs in a pan. He walked over to the sink and poured the contents of the cup before setting it on the sink.

 

The tall man walked over to the the other and started to lean agaisnt the counter next to his boyfriend. Chanyeol crossed his arms oh his chest. “I guess I'll be working all day today. Yixing wants me to work for him. He has a date. That playboy” he smiled as he said it. But still felt a little upset that he wouldn't be spending a quiet day at home with baekhyun as he had planned before.

 

It was one of those days that baekhyun didn't have to head to school right after he got out of work at the lawfirm. Chanyeol pouted and turned towards the older. “Sorry Baekkie” He said. Baekhyun turned his way and flashed him a smile before placing his soft hand on one of chanyeol's cheeks “It's okay i'll just wait here for you to get home. I have to work on one of the lawyers cases anyways. Just gives me more time” baek chanyeol's cheek with his thumb. “Now lets eat before it gets cold”

 

 

After having a quiet breakfast with his boyfriend Chanyeol left their shared apartment got on his car and started to drive to the family restaurant he worked in. It wasn't a long drive so a few minutes later he found himself in the employees parking lot. When he stepped outside his car he tucked in his uniform shirt into his slacks and headed for the back door to enter the restaurants buzzing kitchen.

 

“Hey there chanyeol” he heard one of the cooks say as he passed him on his way to the bookshelf where they kept the little older notebooks. He tied the strings of his waiter apron around his waist and took one of the notebooks before stuffing it into one of its pockets. “looks like its going to be a busy day” a cute girl said as she made her way over to the cooks,  sticking a piece of paper on one of the order hocks. She turned facing chanyeol and attempted to fix her ponytail

 

“To think im going to be stuck here all day when I could be at home with Beak” Chanyeol groaned.

 

“What I thought you had the afternoon off?” The girl asked looking at him. “I do. Well I did. Im covering for Yixing today” chanyeol answered starting to walk towards the front of the restaurant.

 

“Oh” was all the girl said as she walked after him. When he got to the front of the restaurant he walked over to a group of people “Hello how are you doing today? My name is Chanyeol and I will be your waiter today. Please follow me” Chanyeol smiled from ear to ear which really wasn't far from his usual outside of work smiles.

 

The hours went by fast, as chanyeol went from table to table serving and taking people's orders. Indeed it was a very busy day. Chanyeol finally took his lunch break when it would have been his time to go home had he not had to stay to cover his annoying bestfriends shift too. He sighed as he made his way through the door to the restaurants back. He ran his fingers through his back sweapt hair while he pulled his phone out from he his pocket. He turned it on and waited for it to come to life. When it finally did he speed dialed the one person who's voice he wanted to hear right about now after the tiring hours he had just had.

 

“Hello”, He heard that sweet voice say when the person on the other side of the phone picked up his call. The voice melted into chanyeol's ears and made his tired muscle relax. “Hey baby” Chanyeol said with a small smile “I just wanted to hear your voice”. He heard papers shuffling around at the other end of the line “Aww my baby missed me?” He heard Bakhyun say in his cute voice. “You know I always do” Chanyeol asnwered “You already home?” He asked leaning his back against the brick wall behind him. “Yup. Just got here a couple minutes ago. Ugh now to work on those darn reports”, Baekhyun groaned and more paper shuffling could be heard from his end. “I should probably leave you to it then” Chanyeol said “don't stress yourself too much ok? I'll see you when I get home” he continued looking up at the sky. “see you then” Baekhyun said happily before hanging up.

 

Chanyeol spend the rest of his break outside sitting on one of the pastic chairs back there. Some of the other workers often come outside for a smoke or just to take a breather as he was doing right then. When he looked down at his phone and saw that it was time for him to start on Yixing's shift he slowly stood up and once again entered the threshhold into the kitchen. If it was even possible it seemed the the place was even more busy then it had been earlier. Chanyeol didn't spend a single minute standing still as he zoomed from here to there and then back again. He could see through the windows that it was getting dark and he was glad. This meant it wasn't too far till it was closing time and for him to head home. Chanyeol could see the number of tables was going down and he finally along with other waiters didn't have to walk around like crazy chickens anymore. When he looked up at the clock in the kitchen wall he smiled a little. Only twirty more minutes and he would be able to head home to his Baekkie.

 

“Table Park. I already set them at table 5” a blond waiter said to him as he headed to were the washer was with plates in hand. A sigh escaped Chanyeol's lips. He pulled the order book from his apron's pocket and made his way to the table located at one of the restaurant corners. It was a big party there was seven to eight people. Chanyeol smiled big as he usually did before saying “Hello how are you doing today. My name is Chanyeol and i'll be your waiter today”

 

“Chanyeol” He heard a familiar voice say.

 

Chanyeol's breathing slightly strained at the sound of the voice. His eyes didn't have to make much of an effort to land on the person who's voice he had just heard. When he looked at that boy's face he felt the smile on his face twitch. With a couple a quick blinks chanyeol recovered from the surprise and lifted his pen to his notebook “So what will you be having to drink tonight?”, he asked ignoring the pained look on the man's face. Now chanyeol turned his gaze to the other people in the table. He didn't want to look into the man's eyes anymore. He didn't like what he saw there. It gave him an uncomfortable feeling at the pit of his stomach.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[Pictures belongs to its rightful owner]

 

(A/N) Hey Guys :) I really hope you find my first chapter interesting enough for you to look forward to my next chapter.  Still it is  only the first chapter and there is more to come.  I just finished writing chapter 3 a little whle ago, though i still have to proof read.  I will try and proof read chapter 2 and hopefully i can get that up soon :O If you read this please tell me what you think? Does my writing ... ;_; okay....

 

Oh! a little fun fac about this story.  I got this idea on a day that my internet wasn't working for like a whole day. I KNOW! so sad!...but yes so i had this idea, but i didn't know who should be in it.  So what i did was that i wrote down all of  the EXO memeber's names on little pieces of paper and randomly picked two little pieces of paper, I  got Chanyeol and Baekhyun as the couple!! Isn't it crazy! and well chanyeol needed a best friend and i got our unicorn Lay!  I will keep choosing at random the charecters for this fic.  So that should be interesting right? Ah! i would also like to thank my friend  OkJust_Ady-ing_Feels  for being my "test dummy" as she said it with this story lol .  She gives me awesome feedback!

 

So finally who do you think is the man that makes Chanyeol feel so uncomfortable?

 

Please Comment & subscribe! 

 

Ah look isn't Chanyeol so cute?!! protecting Baekkie!!! ^_^