Identity Theft

Mistaken Love
Eun Young's point of view
 
That Hee-ah must be out of her mind! Working in another person's job for the entire day!? Just plain crazy! 
 
"Eun Young-ah!" 
 
"Yah you're finally back! Do you know how long I've waited here for you? I even swopped shifts with my colleague to get here to wait for you!"
 
"Ne, I know I know, so how was it this afternoon? What on earth happened?"
 
I told Hee-ah about the hospital episode and her jaw just went slack after holding it open for too long. We were silent for a while as we both took in all that has transpired in the single day. She brought out a faded envelope that has a couple of notes and an old photograph of a little boy and girl. 
 
"This is Im Yeon Hee. Eun Young-ah, look at the little boy! Doesn't he look--"
 
I was so shocked when I laid eyes on the photograph. Isn't this... "Yang Seungho!"
 
"Holy. How'd you know!? Yeah! So Im Yeon Hee knows Yang Seungho! She's here to work to help him or something. It must be! Because that Seungho has been glancing at me all day! I tell you, it's super weird getting stares from him. I just knew it! I was supposed to recognize him!"
 
"Seriously? He looked at you all day? Ohmigosh! [squeals] How does Lee Joon look like up close? Is his jaw line sharp and his collarbones y?!" I got so excited just from imagining Hee-ah helping Lee Joon to put on make-up. He's my favourite from the group! 
 
"Yah earth to Eun Young! Stop fangirling."
 
"Pfft. You're no fun Lee Yeon Hee. Oh right, but how are you going to handle this situation? Just tell them tomorrow?"
 
"Yeah...I think I should tell them." 
 
"Why are you sulking? Anyway, why don't you just tell them the truth and then just volunteer to be Im Yeon Hee's stand in? I mean, won't that be awesome!? Well, sorry to Im Yeon Hee, but you are alive and awake and kicking, so might as well Lee Yeon Hee than no Yeon Hee at all for them, right?" I reasoned triumphantly to Hee-ah. 
 
"Well...it's not so simple, Eun Young..." Hee-ah said sheepishly.
 
I narrowed my eyes at Hee-ah and demanded to know what she meant by that. 
 
Then, Hee-ah said the most shocking statement of the day. "I introduced myself as Im Yeon Hee just now. So, I guess...Lee Yeon Hee has replaced Im Yeon Hee. I can't exactly back out now."
 
I stared at her like she's a madwoman. "Are you crazy!?"
 
"Hey! It was their group dinner, what was I supposed to say? They were welcoming me and all... The mood was just celebratory and nice. Such camaraderie. I never really had that... Okay, I'll admit, I was enticed to admitting I was Im Yeon Hee. But, if it were you in my place just now, you'd just do the same!"
 
I just continued staring at her like she's blabbering Martian at me. I repeated, "ARE YOU CRAZY?!"
 
"Well... I get to earn loads more than if I took on 4 jobs at a time. I can still tutor Jin Woo on some nights, so I can save up in a shorter time and finish college faster!" 
 
She's smiling so brightly now. How am I ever gonna get it through her thick skull now that she's absolutely freaking crazy? 
 
"Okay Hee-ah. So... fine. Then we need to prepare ready answers for those who come knocking--"
 
"YAY! EUN YOUNGIE YOU'RE THE BEST!" She rushed over and threw her entire weight on me to engulf me with a huge bear hug. 
 
"YAH HEE-AH! Get off me! Yah get off! We need to plan things properly! Heard me? Get off--"
 

Die. We die. We? Oh darn, how am I included in this mess? This is so wrong! IDENTITY THEFT! *unsettled*