c h a p t e r t w o

Obsession

o b s e s s i o n     { u h b - s e s h u h n }

c h a p t e r   t w o "

 

 

The students just walked passed him, not really caring that he was standing right at the end of the lockers, looking straight ahead. He leaned back against the wall, waiting. Jongin glanced at the wall clock, noting that he had been standing there for more than ten minutes. As the long hand ticked, so did his patience. Where the heck is he? He can't be gone without going by his locker. Jongin was sure Baekhyun always stopped by his locker to put his books and retrieve all his secret admirers gift. He knew that much.

Walking through the throngs of students was the guy that he had been waiting for. Jongin pushed himself off the wall and sauntered over to the boy in question, who seemed oblivious to his presence. Baekhyun went to his locker, unaware of the eyes boring into him.

"Baekhyun." Jongin leaned on his side against the locker right beside where Baekhyun was busy looking for his textbook. "We need to talk."

"What is there to talk about, Jongin?" Baekhyun tucked a hair behind one ear as he pushed the door closed. Hefting the bag higher on his shoulders, Baekhyun turned to face him. "I have got nothing to say  to  you."

"Please, just walk home with me." Jongin brushed the single eyelash off Baekhyun's cheek. 

"I'm going home with Chanyeol." Baekhyun shrugged the hand off him.

"Why him?" Jongin grabbed the shorter boy by his shoulders, shaking him slightly. "Why are you even friends with him?"

The shorter boy narrowed his eyes. "Who I befriend, has nothing to do with you."

Jongin sighed. He was right. It had nothing to do with him, but why that freak of all people? What did Chanyeol have that he didn't? He'd like to think that he had more to offer. What can Chanyeol do, anyway? He's weak, slow and a loner. You know, what they say about loners. Dangerous. For all he knew, he could be a murderer.

"True, but I'd still think you'd chosen someone better than him as a friend?" Jongin picked up pace as he walked beside Baekhyun who seemed to frown.

"He's a nice guy, if you'd get to know him." Baekhyun stopped in his tracks and turned to the taller guy. "Unlike you." 

"Wait, now, now, Baekhyun. That was over a long time ago." Jongin spun the boy to face him. "I missed you."

"I don't, Jongin. I don't."

"You can't not miss me, Baekhyun." Jongin cried out in frustration. "Why can't you just give me another chance?" When there was no answer, Jongin leaned in and took those lips that he'd missed terribly. He felt the tremble of Baekhyun's lips. But before he could savour that moment, he felt a blow against his jaw.

Immediately, he let go of a furious Baekhyun. He his lips and tasted copper. Jongin wiped his bleeding lips with the back of his hands while he watched Baekhyun go without even a glance back. It wasn't over. Not yet.

 

{  - - - - - - - - - -  +  - - - - - - - - - -  }

 

What the heck was he thinking? He hated to think that even after all these months, Jongin could still affect him that much. Checking the time on his mobile, Baekhyun frowned at the background picture of his mobile. It was a picture of Jongin and him, hugging with his head buried at the crook of Jongin's neck. He hadn't even changed the picture. How pathetic is that? Baekhyun slipped his trembling hands into his pockets when he saw Chanyeol approaching with a big smile on his face. 

"Did you wait for long?"

"Nah, I just reached here." Baekhyun smiled back. "Let's go home."

 

{  - - - - - - - - - -  +  - - - - - - - - - -  }

 

He stood there, with his back against the wall. It was dark but it was what he needed. Pulling the black hoodie closer over his head, he looked at the house opposite of him. There by the window, was the object of his heart. Baekhyun was changing out of his clothes. He his lips as he squinted through the viewfiner, adjusting the focus so that he could get a clear picture. He snapped. Baekhyun pushing down his jeans. Snapped. Baekhyun pushing down his boxers. Snapped. This was better than expected. 

The beautiful Baekhyun captured by his lenses. He spit out the chewing gum out of the window in frustration. No one can have his Baekhyun. Only he can.

"Hey! How's it going?" His wrinkled neighbour asked as she gave him a bottle of water.

"It's a great view up here. Thanks for letting me in. I think it'll be great for my school project." He said, bowing his thanks to her.

"Not a problem. You can just come by anytime." She patted his arm.

"Thank you." He nodded and found his way out. 

 

{  - - - - - - - - - -  +  - - - - - - - - - -  }

 

It was hard to belive that it had only been a few weeks since they'd been friends. Chanyeol shook his head at how it had all started. If it hadn't been Baekhyun, he would have probably be in a worse state. He glanced over at the guy in question and noticed he'd fallen asleep over his homework. How cute, but it must hurt later when he wakes up. Chanyeol pushed himself off his desk and went over to the sleeping self. Supporting the latter's back and the back of his knee over each arm, Chanyeol carried him over to his bed. Gosh, how heavy was he again? He wiped off the sweat with his sleeve.

"Sleep tight." Chanyeol pulled the comforters to cover up to Baekhyun's neck.

The sleeping form mumbled something gibberish and then he rolled to his side, facing Chanyeol. What an angelic sight. He itched to get a camera to capture this moment, but he'd forgotten where he placed his camera. Chanyeol went over to his cupboard, and rummaging the shelves as quietly as possible till he found what he was looking for. He hoped that there was some battery left. When the camera blinked to life, he sighed with relieve. Good, he thought. The soft snore caught him by surprise as he never did expect someone so, pretty, could snore. He snapped a couple of  shots, once satisfied, he placed the camera where he'd found them. The cupboard closed quietly behind whilst he plopped himself right beside the bed. Smiling, Chanyeol rested his cheek on his arm, where it was on the side of the bed, and closed his eyes.

 

{  - - - - - - - - - -  +  - - - - - - - - - -  }

 

Ok, another chapter! I was gonna update EXO High but the fic hasn't been fixed due to that server error last week so my chp 7 that I've posted didn't go through. Anyway, glad to see some response. Ah, I hope this chapter isn't messy.. :))