c h a p t e r t h r e e

Obsession

o b s e s s i o n     { u h b - s e s h u h n }

c h a p t e r   t h r e e "

 

 

Bars of sunlight filtered through the filmsy window curtains. Soft chirps of the birds sitting on the window ledge brought him awake. Baekhyun rolled over to his side only to be stopped by something warm and solid. He opened his eyes, taking in the strange place. This is not my room, he thought. Then he noticed that the warm solid was his best friend, Chanyeol. The latter was sleeping on the floor with his head on the bed, beside Baekhyun, hands tucked under his cheek. A line of drool formed from his lips, down to the bed covers.

Baekhyun chuckled. "Chanyeol." He shook the other boy. He must have fallen asleep and Chanyeol must have carried him to bed while he was asleep. How nice. Baekhyun shook the other boy again.

"Hmm?" Chanyeol woke groggily, eyes slowly opening as he tried to shield the sunlight with his hand. His eyes rounded when they met Baekhyun's smiling ones. "Baekhyun?"
 
"I have to go home." Baekhyun patted his head. "Why didn't you sleep on the bed here?"
 
"I-I-I didn't think it will be comfortable for you." Chanyeol's cheek coloured with the shade of a beet root.
 
Baekhyun chuckled. He rolled off the bed as Chanyeol got into it. Pulling the comforters up to Chanyeol's neck, Baekhyun ruffled the curls. When Chanyeol offered to send him home, Baekhyun politely declined and told him he could go home on his own.
 
"Are you sure?" Chanyeol looked quizically at his friend. When the cute guy nodded, he added. "Take care. See you in school tonorrow."
 
"You too." Baekhyun collected his things and zipped up his bag. He closed the door gently behind him and headed home.

 

{  - - - - - - - - - -  +  - - - - - - - - - -  }

 

The hallway was bustling with students as they tried to keep the books they had used for the day. Baekhyun opened up the metal door with a force. The door budged. An avalanche of gifts toppled out much to Chanyeol's surprise.
 
"That's a lot." Chanyeol chuckled as he helped to pack the gifts into the paper bag that Baekhyun had pulled out from inside his locker. "What do you do with all these gifts? I mean this is a lot for one person." He asked as he took in the perfumes, bath oils, notepads and so on.
 
"Most of these are given to the shelter near my house. I can't possibly use all of these." Baekhyun placed the last gift into the bag. "I don't know where they get all these money. Such a waste, don't you think? But I appreciate them, nonetheless."
 
"That's a really nice thing to do." Chanyeol carried the paper bag for him. "I'm so glad I met you."
 
"You don't have to do that." 
 
"Please, just let me."
 
Baekhyun shook his head and tried to take the bag but his best friend insisted on carrying it for him. It was pointless to argue over such measly matter, so, he just let it go. He slammed the door shut and they walked side by side as small chatters filled all around them. Heaving the bag higher on his shouder, Baekhyun turned back when someone called out to him.
 
"Hey, Sehun." Baekhyun smiled at him. "What's up?"
 
"Your t-shirt. Thanks for borrowing it to me." Sehun nodded towards Chanyeol. "Your friend?"
 
"Yeah, Chanyeol, this is Sehun, my neighbour. Sehun, Chanyeol." 
 
"Nice to meet you." Chanyeol shook the outstretched hand. He held his gaze as Sehun stared at him. Is it his imagination or did he just see a speck of jealousy there? Must be just hs imagination because, really the one who should be jealous was him. How he wished he lived near to Baekhyun. Then he could hang out with him all the time. Sehun released his hand and walked away while waving at them over his shoulder.
 
"He borrowed your t-shirt?" Chanyeol once Sehun was out of earshot.
 
"Well, he had physical education class that day and he'd forgotten to bring his. So, I let him use mine since our sizes are almost the same except that I'm shorter." Baekhyun touched the top of his own head. "I wished I was taller though, like you."

"Don't say that." Chanyeol tilted his head slightly. "Your height is perfect."

"No, it's not!" Baekhyun denied hotly, a blush creeping up his cheeks. Chanyeol thought it was the cutest thing ever. He pinched the left cheek and grinned when the shorter boy pouted.

They continued walking down the corridor ,saying hi and bye to random people that they might know. Correction. People that Baekhyun knew because Chanyeol had only one friend. No other. Then a familiar figure stood in their path, blocking their exit. Chanyeol scowled.

"I have something to discuss with Baekhyun." Jongin narrowed his eyes at the taller boy who stood beside Baekhyun, wearing a confused expression. "If you don't mind, could you go first."

"You can just discuss here with me present." Chanyeol folded his arms across his chest.

"It's personal."

Baekhyun saw the anger in his friend's eyes. He didn't know why the animosity was strong because from what he knew, they don't know each other. Could be that Chanyeol was just worried for him? The noises around them seemed to drown out a little as all eyes were watching the little staring battle between the school's favourite boy and the unknown awkward boy. 

"Chanyeol, it's alright. Go on first. I'll meet you at the gate." Baekhyun smiled softly at his friend.

If he were to follow his heart, he would never let Baekhyun out of his sight. But this was his wish and Chanyeol would respect that. It just didn't mean he had to like it. One last look at his friend, Chanyeol nodded and walked slowly away.

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol's retreating back till it disappeared behind the walls. He couldn't get that look out of his mind. What was that look? Hurt? Why would Chanyeol be hurt? Maybe he was over-analysing. Shaking off the thought, he turned his attention to Jongin who had a firm grip of his wrist, pulling him away from the crowds and into a more secluded area at the back of the school hall.

"What is it now, Jongin?" Baekhyun asked patiently as he looked up to the taller boy.

Jongin shoved his hands into his pocket. "I missed you terribly. I still love you, Baekhyun." He gaze deeply into the brown eyes boring into his own. Why had he been foolish enough then to let Baekhyun go?

"I can't be with someone who has cheated on me. I don't miss you. And I don't love you anymore."

"Are you sure about that?" Jongin stepped forward, crowding the other's personal space.

Baekhyun took a step back for every forward step his ex-boyfriend took. He stopped when his back met the wall. The persistence and determination was what made him attracted to Jongin in the first place. Right before that day he caught him in bed with some . It hurts to think back to that day his world shattered. The perfect love he thought he had, just gone in a night. Many nights, he convinced himself that he had moved on, but, deep down, he knew was still grasping the last pieces of his shattered heart.

"Yes." Baekhyun said curtly. Before he could say any further, Jongin cupped the back of his head and took his lips. He had to admit though, Jongin's kisses never fail to make him weak in the knees. Like now. The passion behind the kiss was undeniably strong, it was hard to resist. A wet tongue at the seams of his lips, probing for entrance. A moan escaped him the moment Jongin pressed him against the wall with his hard body. Hot tongue slid against his. Then he felt the other it into his mouth. Baekhyun gripped the lapel's of Jongin's shirt as he shuddered with lust.

"Baekhyun." Jongin let go of the slighter male, panting as he tried to catch his breath. He loved the dazed look that he always put on him whenever they kissed. He missed that. "I see that your passion for me is still there. Will you go out with me? I swear I'm not seeing Kyungsoo anymore. It was just one night. A mistake that I regret till this day. I've paid my sins by not having you for months." He leaned forward, their forehead touching. "I missed the days where I keep you warm during the cold. My bed and heart misses you. Please give me another chance."

Baekhyun bit his lower lips. He couldn't hink properly when Jongin's pheromones were enticing him in waves. A clear head to think about this was what he needed. Part of him would love to reject him upfront but the other part of him was jumping with joy. "I need some time to think about this."

"Ok, baby. Tell me when you've come to a decision." Jongin brushed his lips against Baekhyun's soft ones before stepping back. "I'll be waiting."

 

{  - - - - - - - - - -  +  - - - - - - - - - -  }

 

Chanyeol knocked his head back against the wall as tears prickled at the corners of his eyes. His heart throbbed painfully behind his ribs. It was a mistake to spy on them. He should have just waited at the school gate like he was told to do so. Now, he regretted. Knowing that his bully and Baekhyun had been lovers were shocking enough but to see them kiss so passionately was something he didn't expect. And why is he crying when he thinks of Baekhyun only as a friend?

His vision blurred as he stared skywards. Baekhyun was his precious friend, and if he wanted to be with Jongin, he would let go if it made Baekhyun happy. Chanyeol owed him that happiness.

 

{  - - - - - - - - - -  +  - - - - - - - - - -  }

 

Finally another chapter! Thank you for patiently waiting!! Comments will be nice.. I know it's late!! Sorry!! I'm so sleepy haha ok got work tomorrow...  ahh I think this chapter is.. argh.. butchered OTL