Chapter 6

Good and Broken

"Who is L.Joe?" You asked as the boys started to pack away their dance equipment and lock up.

"Ah, you probably won't know who he is..." Woohyun waved his hand. 

"He walked me back here just now...and said I called him a fake-blonde..." You frowned.

Dongwoo's ears perked up. "Fake...blonde...?" He asked you and you nodded. "PUA HA HA HA HA!!!" Dongwoo doubled over and laughed hard. SungJong, Woohyun, Hoya and ISeul snickered as Junsu laughed at Dongwoo's face.

"Okay, okay...I'm done..." Dongwoo stood up, panting. "You really don't know Lee Byunghun? He's pretty famous around here..."

"NO I DON'T!" You stressed. "Why does he even remember me?" You were so confused. So much had changed within the past few years since you were away.

"It's alright. We'll explain it another time. He is totally unimportant." Hoya waved his hand. "Lets go back and sleep. We have a long day of practice tomorrow. The Annual Dance-Off  prelims start in 50 days and this year's theme is 'MashUp'. Its disgusting."

Hoya locked up their dance room and led you and Junsu back to his small apartment before taking a bus back with ISeul to her hotel.

"It isn't much, but please, make yourselves at home!" He grinned before leaving with ISeul. "I'll be back in a while!"

Junsu jumped onto the couch. "I'll bathe in the morning, night ~~~~~!!" He called as you went into the bathroom to wash up before bed. 

"Good night oppa!" You shouted from inside the bathroom.

*Who is Lee Byunghun?* You wondered as you slipped into the extra bed in Hoya's guest room. *And when did I ever even meet him? Who is Ms Kim?* You were beginning to get stressed out and soon fell into an uneasy sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up to an eerily quiet apartment. *Hmmmm, where are those two..?* You stumbled out of the guest room.
 
Upon reaching the living room where Junsu had slept in last night, you noticed a tiny post-it on the coffee table.
 
TO ~~~~~
I'm so so so sorry! Yunho called me last night! We have a schedule and need to go to Japan for a while! Please be patient and wait for us! Anyway, you have the house keys so whenever you wanna go back to Seoul you can unlock the apartment!! I have left 500,000 won with Howon-ah for you since your wallet was back in our dorm. I think Yoochun hyung will be back first, this Saturday. 
I'm so sorry ~~~~~-ah! I will make it up to you, I promise!!!!
 
Junsu Oppa
 
You frowned. *He must have left early this morning...I didn't even say goodbye...* You made your way to the kitchen where a plate of toast was waiting for you. *Ah, Hoya-oppa must have made this...* You smiled as you bit into the still-warm toast. 
 
After having your breakfast, you changed out of the previous day's clothes into a fresh set that you had brought along in your backpack. You decided to go to the venue of the Annual Dance-Offs, JimShang Train Station, an old isolated train station that was out of use. It was never used until one of the more famous dance groups decided to hold an event there every year for other, small time dance groups. They renovated the entire place and now, JimShang Station had one of the best stages, stereos and lightings for a dance-off competition. You name it, they probably had it.
 
"It should be around here...." You mumbled to yourself as you stepped off the bus and looked around you. Only one bus went to JimShang Station and you were very sure it was this one. 
 
You walked around the desolate area before spotting a familiar looking entrance. *JimShang Station!* You quickened your pace towards the entrance.
 
"Whoa there!" A tall figure blocked your way. "You can't come in during the day unless you are a dancer or left something here during last night's party!" A familiar male voice stopped you.
 
"DUJUN-OPPA!" You looked up, in shock. "You're still here?" You gasped. Rumours had been going around that the members of the founding Dance-Offs, BEAST, had split up last year.
 
"Hey, ~~~~~! You're back! Of course I'm here....Oh. Those rumours. Only KiKwangie left us. He wanted to go solo..." Dujun's eyes turned sad for a while before smiling again. "At least the others are still here!"
 
"Ki....Kwang?!" You thought back to the spastic-looking kid that you met the day before in TeenTop's practice area. "Does he wear glasses?" You questioned DuJun.
 
"Glasses? Kwangie?!" Dujun chortled. "No way! That dude had 20-20 vision!" His eyes turned upwards into cresents as he laughed. "Anyway, what are you doing here?" 
 
"I was wondering...You guys know TeenTop right?" You looked away, putting your thoughts together. "Who is L.Joe? Lee Byunghun? And who is this Ms Kim? I don't remember them at all!" 
 
Dujun blinked. "Isn't Ms Kim your mother's old friend whom you worked part-time for?" He thought and nodded. "Yeah! You worked part-time for her and helped with her crops!" He confirmed. "I'm not too sure who this Byunghun is though...why don't you go in and ask HyunSeung? He knows almost every single dancer here." He showed you into the station.
 
It was exactly how you remembered it. Bright lights lined the ceiling and there was the special semi-cicular stage that you had loved standing on, exactly as you had left it. A few minor changes were made, a bar was in place instead of the usual vending machines, the seats had been switched to newer ones and the DJ could now stand in the middle of the floor, instead of the second floor.
 
You spotted the remaining 4 members of BEAST sitting across the bar, discussing new routines for dances. 
 
"Hey guys! ~~~~~'s back!" Dujun waved to them.
 
"HI!!!" They chorused. 
 
"Yah, HyunSeung-ah, do you know someone called L.Joe or Lee Byunghun? ~~~~~ says she can't remember him but he insists that she does know him." Dujun explained, the others listening in on him.
 
Dongwoon looked surprised and stared at you. "Isn't he your boyfriend?"