Chapter 5

Good and Broken

The loud beats of the song that played rang through your mind as you struggled to stay seated on the couch in the dance room. Junsu watched your friends as he sat next to you, mouth open in shock at the complexity of the routine and their synchronisation. Soon after they finished their mini showcase for the two of you, plus ISeul, who had come in during the middle of the dance, Junsu demanded that Hoya teach him the key points of the dance. 

"Junsu-hyung is good right?" Woohyun stared in awe as Hoya, Dongwoo and Junsu went over the steps again, this time at full-speed. "No wonder he is in DongBangShinKi..."

You smiled to yourself as you nodded. *Junsu oppa is really talented at dancing as well as singing. Speaking of which...I don't see Sungkyu oppa anywhere...* You stared blankly ahead as you thought of the possible places Sungkyu could have been.

Woohyun looked at you. "Sungkyu is at his part-time job right now. In case you were wondering." He winked at you. "He's saving up money to move to Seoul."

Sungkyu was one of your old friends who sang very well. He wasn't in the dance group, but still came for you practices to show his support for his roommates and fellow friends. Sungkyu's dream was to be on a stage singing. Dancing, to him, was a waste of time and effort. To quote from him, "Why should I bother learning something new if I haven't perfected my own talent yet?" 

"I'm glad he is going to chase that dream of his." ISeul said quietly next to you. "Then he wouldn't always be complaining about wasting his youth." 

"YO ~~~~~!" Dongwoo called. "Wanna learn it too?" Dongwoo was trying to constantly get you back into dancing, but you had always refused. 

"No thanks, oppa, I'm fine." You declined politely as Hoya shrugged and started up the music again. 

Soon, Junsu could execute the dance oerfectly and was teaching the other four boys how to do 'Purple Line'. 

"Hey peeps," ISeul stood up, "~~~~~ and I are gonna by food, you need anything?" You looked up and saw ISeul twitch her hand, a motion which you read as 'get up'. 

"Ddukbokki please!" Dongwoo and Sungjong shouted from the back of the room.

"Anything with rice!" Woohyun yelled and Junsu raised his hand for it as well.

"You know what I want Seul." Hoya pecked his girlfriend on her cheek and opened the door to the dance studio. 

"GROSS!" Sungjong gagged at his hyung and cousin. "Get a room!" Woohyun whacked the blonde on the head. 

"Hoya will make you clean the room dimwit!" He hissed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how is Seoul? Staying with DBSK eh? They're pretty hot. Especially that Yunho dude." ISeul nudged you while walking by the roadside shops. 

"Yunho? Hot?! Please. He wears pink underwear with hearts on them. Trust me, I've seen them when I did their laundry." You shook your head.

"At least you get to touch their clothes! I only can touch their albums..." ISeul sighed. "And real men wear pink!" She socked you, giggling.

"Tell Howonie oppa then." You gave her a side glance and walked off as she stood by a shop, mouth open as she realised that Hoya hated pink. In fact, even she didn't dare to buy him anything pink.

Fifteen minutes later, the two of you had finished your snacks and were getting ready to go back to the dance studio, located near ISeul's hotel and Hoya's house. Halfway back, ISeul realised that she had forgotten to buy drinks for them and was getting ready to turn around. 

"It's okay, unnie, I'll get them." You offered, smiling a small smile. "You must be tired, coming back here from Seoul just for the weekend. You should go and rest." ISeul studied you and seemed to deem you worthy of buying bottled drinks for the boys by yourself and soon, you were on your own, wandering nearby streets, looking for a convenience store.

"Well, well, well...If it isn't ~~~~~. Hoya and Dongwoo ditch you again?" Minsoo's familiar voice came from behind you.

You sighed, you really didn't like having to see him and his friends twice today, or any day for that matter. You decided that it was best to ignore him and carry on in search for a shop that sold drinks.

"Yo, ~~~~~!" You heard Daniel's voice call you cheerily from behind, where Minsoo stood. You stopped and waited as Daniel's footsteps came running towards you. "You were buying drinks for Hoya and Dongwoo hyungs right?" he smiled angelically at you. "I sort of...overheard you and ISeul..." He rubbed his neck.

"Go away, Daniel. Its no longer your business." You pushed your best friend away and went into the closest 7-11.

"Let's go, Niel." Minsoo called your best friend away from you, using your nickname for Daniel. "Leave her be, she doesn't feel like talking on VALENTINE'S DAY." he emphasised the special day, clearly not knowing about your parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here, let me help you with that..." A hand shot out from your right side as you carried two heavy plastic bags of drinks back to the dance studio. 

"It's alright, I've got it..." You turned to see a teenaged boy, who couldn't be much older than you, standing there with fake-blonde hair smiling down a you. "Who...?"

His face became confused. "~~~~~? You don't remember me? Byunghun? L.Joe?" He stared incredulously at you. "You called me a fake-blonde at Mrs. Kim's restaurant when we first met a few years back." He tried to jog your memory, but to no avail.

"I'm sorry, you must think I'm someone else..." You tried to get the second plastic bag away from him only to have him take the one you were holding onto.

"Hey. I'll take them both for ya!" He grinned. "Just show me where to go! KAJA!" He walked ahead of you.

*What...just happened?*