Chapter 9

Angel

 

Luhan's POV

 

Wait”

 

Y-Yeah?” I gulped hard, seeing how close our faces were just then.

 

I-”

 

Yes?” I asked, maybe a little too eagerly.

 

I... Like y-you” I stared back at him, eyes widened more than Kyungsoo's. He... Likes, me? But... I can't. I mean, I lik- no, love him too but we're totally different. He's a fallen angel and I'm a guardian angel. I may suffer the same consequences as him or even worse... Plus, come tomorrow, I won't even get a chance to see him again. I think it's best not to get too attached, right? But then again-

 

Lulu?”

 

A-ah?” I snapped out of my trance.

 

Ermm... I just told you-”

 

I like you too but...” I retracted my hand, shooting him an apologetic smile. “We can't do this... I'm really sorry but, I can't, just can't” Those words slipped off the tip of my tongue with much difficulty as I fought to hold back my tears.

 

Sehun's POV

 

W-What is this? Why do I feel so... Hurt? He's only a bet. I don't really like him... Do I? No, I don't. Snap out of it. He's just a bet... Only a bet... Even with these reminders and thoughts, I still couldn't get rid of the emptiness and pain that now settled in my body. It was like a thousand swords stabbing me in the heart at once. I had never felt like this, not even with my ex-girlfriends...

 

Hunnie? You okay?”

 

Don't call me that...” I murmured as softly as possible, pushing away his hand that was on my shoulder. I looked up to his concerned eyes and smile but instead of feeling better, I only felt like I fell deeper into his trap, never to see the light of escaping again.

 

I'm sorry for wasting your time. You may leave now” I signalled him to the door, but his grip just remained tight on my arm, refusing to let go.

 

If you really want me to go... I will. But... Keep this” He pulled out a necklace with a wind symbol on it, which looked oddly familiar.

 

This is...”

 

Yes, this is the necklace that Kris gege wanted to give you... That is, when you were still a guardian angel”

 

Hyung... I don't... How did you know Kris?”

 

Since things have gotten to this, I shall not beat around the bush” I heard him say under his breath. He then faced me, grabbing my hand and placing the chain in it. “I'm... The angel which replaced you. That's why this would never work. I'm a guardian angel and you... a fallen one. I just can't-”

 

Y-You are the guardian angel? That means...”

 

Yeah, I got assigned to Jongin this whole while and now, I just received a new god child and can't stay any longer. You know what will happen when we get a new child, right?”

 

Y-Yeah, we get the memories of what happened all the while with our previous child erased, to prevent personal feelings getting involved” This was really hard to digest all at one, I can't believe he had been hiding this from me all along.

 

Uh-huh... So, here, I'll give you this necklace, for you to remember me by” He hung the necklace on my neck, smiling sweetly all this while.

 

I have my own necklace” He then proceeded to take out another chain with a telekinesis sign on it and put it over his own head. “I'll never take this off, I promise” He took out a needle, and begin to carve a few words on it, 'Never take this off, for Sehun'. At this moment, it was really hard to hold my tears back any longer. I wrapped my arms around him, bawling my eyes out.

 

Why must you go, Luhan? WHY?!”

 

Shhh... It's okay. I'm sure, if fate allows, we will be together again very soon” He stuck out his thumb, wiping away the streams and rivers of tears on my face.

 

Y-Your thumb i-is so d-dirty” I tried to laugh, but failed miserably. He chuckled, then stared at his watch.

 

Goodbye, Sehun” I felt my shirt getting wet, he's... crying... But when I looked up, he was gone. All that was left was the necklace hung upon my neck.


Oh no... They're separated T.T Hope you enjoyed it regardless~