Chapter 10

Angel

 

Sehun's POV

 

HUNNIEE!!!! ENOUGH!!!” I heard Chanyeol scream as he flicked the light switch on.

 

Ahhh... It's too bright” I covered my eyes, shielding them from the brightness that came from the light. “What do you want?”

 

Hey, you haven't been attending school for the past like, 5 days, just wanting to check on you”

 

I'm fine... It's just-”

 

Well you don't look fine to me” Baekhyun walked into the room from behind the door, pointing at the object in my arms.

 

Oh, I was holding that? Heehee...” I laughed nervously, putting the wind necklace Luhan gave me on the side table. Damn Sehun, what has gotten into you these days?

 

Seriously, though, what happened?” Chanyeol asked, however not with his usual happy virus voice on but a stern and serious one. I knew I had to tell, there was no other way. Nothing good will ever come out of angry Chanyeol.

 

It-” I paused, contemplating if I should really tell Chanyeol the truth. I give up. “It's because of Luhan...”

 

What about him?” Baekhyun interrupted, stuffing some bacon into his mouth.

 

You're still listening? And where did you get that?!”

 

Me? That's not important. Now what about Luhan?” He set himself next to Chanyeol, snuggling up to him while feeding him a piece of bacon. I sighed, why am I even friends with you guys? Stop rubbing it in, aren't I feeling lonely enough?

 

Luhan... He left the school...” Even thinking about it makes my heart and head hurt.

 

So? What do you have to do with it? Isn't he just part of the bet?”

 

Yeah, he is...”

 

Then? It's not like you are really in love with him or anything, so why don't you just let it go?”

 

Yeah... You're right...” Just that you don't know how I really feel...

 

Ermm... How about this, we'll skip school today-” Baekhyun sat up, staring straight at Chanyeol with large eyes and stomped on Chanyeol's huge feet. “YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! What?! I'm just trying to cheer him up”

 

I'll correct that statement. He means to say that let's meet at the gate after school, then we'll go buy some bubble tea and stuff. It'll be the Luhan-free day, okay?”

 

Sure, I have nothing to do anyway...” Baekhyun flashed me a motherly smile, which turned into a shocked one after glancing at his watch.

 

HEY!!! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!!!” And with that, BaekYeol (Yes, the couple name for them) exited the room, walking out the door hand in hand. Kids...

 

I grabbed my jacket and stuffed my keys into the pocket. Should I... I pondered, looking at the chain on my side table. It brought back certain memories but I can't bear to leave it just there, it was given to me by Luhan.

 

Aish... Whattheheck. I scooped it up and put it into my back pocket as I headed out the door.

 

Outside school...

 

What should I do now? 2 hours to the end of school...” I mumbled under my breath as I sat down on a bench next to the open field, ignoring the glares I received from the soccer players. “Pfft. Losers never saw such a handsome man before?”

 

I pulled out my chain and stared at it intently. “Because of you...” Sigh... Why did this ever happen? I shouldn't have taken up the stupid bet... Now I've lost Luhan, thanks a lot... I nervously smiled but was met with a ball to the face.

 

OUCH!! WHAT THE-”

 

I'm so sorry” I looked up to a familiar face. Lu... Han?

 

Are you okay?” He rubbed my forehead tenderly, frowning a little each time I winced.

 

I-I'm fine” I pushed his hand away. “Now go away and leave me alone...” I muttered softly as I hung my bag over my shoulder, ready to leave.

 

Bye” He smiled but I ignored him, no matter how difficult and walked away. Phew, luckily that was over. Break my heart and now you kick a ball in my face? You're lucky you're cute...

 

Hey, what took you so long?” Kai slung his arm over my shoulder.

 

Wait... WHAT?! You're coming too?”

 

Yeah, is that a problem?”

 

Why you little- you didn't tell him, did you?”

 

What? No, of course not” BaekYeol assured in unison. Good, Kai is the worst person you would ever want to tell a secret to.

 

C-Can we go now?” A timid Kyungsoo emerged from behind. We all nodded and walked towards the nearby bubble tea store.

 

After a while, I heard footsteps approaching me.

 

HEY!! WAIT!! YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!!!” A familiar voice pierced the air. Aish... Not him again...