Chapter 6

S[He] Be[Lie]ved

You looked at the note, wondering whether you should actually open it. You looked at his retreating back and your manager came up to you and smiled. You smiled in return and excused yourself to the restrooms. You might as well read the note that Donghae had given you.

 

DEAR ~~~

CONGRATULATIONS ON DEBUTING. I MISS YOU. WE SHOULD SPEND SOME TIME TOGETHER. JUST LIKE OLD TIMES… BUT AS FRIENDS.

-DONGHAE

P.S. DON’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.




“Don’t judge a book by its cover… what does he mean by that? Did he see through my act of being okay? Ugh!!!” you mumbled as you walked out of the restroom. You had walked out and saw TOP with your manager. “TOP oppa… what are you doing here?” you asked.



He smiled at you. “To pick you up, Hye Sung-ssi has a meeting with YG hyung…so…you’re going to spend the day with me and Big Bang…” he said.



You looked at him with wide eyes. But then she saw that he was slightly blushing and you couldn’t help but laugh at how he was being a little awkward with asking her to spend time with him. In a way, you found that a little cute. You turned to your manager and she nodded.



“Have fun, ~~~~-ssi. You deserve it since you’ve been working hard this month,” she said.



You smiled and walked out of the KBS Building and into TOP’s car while your manager went to her own car. You put your purse down and on the floor of the front seat. As you were about to put your seatbelt on, you saw TOP reach over to you and then he buckled you in. “Kamsamnida…” you muttered. He smiled at you and started driving to the Big Bang dorms.



---



Donghae walked out of the KBS building with Eunhyuk and Leeteuk. He stood there and saw you going into TOP’s car. He wanted to march there and demand an answer to why she was getting into the Big Bang member’s car but he stopped himself.



Eunhyuk looked at this best friend and then at TOP’s car, where he saw you. “Donghae-ah… wasn’t ~~~-ssi your girlfriend before you got back with Jessica?” he whispered to him, randomly remembering where he saw your face before.



The younger male walked away and towards his own car. Eunhyuk quickly followed him. “It is?!” he exclaimed. Donghae was trying his best to hide the fact that he had tears in his eyes but failed.



---



You and TOP had just arrived at the Big Bang dorms and you brought your purse with you, unaware that the note Donghae has written to you fell out. The two of you entered and all the Big Bang members did a group hug.



“Noona! You were amazing!” Seungri said. “Especially when you said how Dara noona helped you into the company…”



You smiled, blushing at his comment. “Seungri… I was only telling the truth of how I got into the YG family anyway…” you explained.



“This calls for a celebration!!!” Daesung chimed in.



“Then we could dress Daesung as a girl…” Taeyang said, jokingly.



Everyone looked at him, surprised at what he said.



Quickly Taeyang, in his defense, said, “I want to get the image of him as Moon Boon-Hong out of my head…”



G-Dragon shook his head and looked at TOP. “Hyung… could you go and buy some drinks?”



You watched as TOP sighed and agreed to go out and buy the drinks. Seungri hugged you and exclaimed that he wanted to play a game. “Seungri… let’s wait until TOP oppa comes back…”



As much as you loved the Big Bang members because they were like brothers to you. It felt weird for you to be the only girl at their dorm. You would call the 2NE1 girls but they were at schedules and you didn’t want to bother them. But them you remembered Gummy was available. You turned to G-Dragon and pouted.



“Jiyong oppa… can I invite Gummy unnie here as well?” you asked.



He looked at you, questionably, but then nodded, realizing that you just wanted another girl there. You smiled and texted Gummy to see if she would come.



---



Meanwhile, TOP had just gotten back into his car from buying three bottles of soju, some snacks, and some apple juice when he saw a paper on the floor. Curious to what it said, he opened it realizing it was your note. He quickly read it and somehow became furious at what it said. “Is this why she looked upset whenever she saw anything about Donghae-ssi when she was still training?” he asked himself.



He started the car and drove past a restaurant where all the idols normally go to and saw Donghae and Jessica inside. Although it really wasn’t any of his business with what went on between you and Donghae in the past, he cared about you… possibly more than a friend or big brother.



“Donghae-ssi… may I have a word with you?” he asked, walking up to Donghae and Jessica.



Donghae nodded, taking this opportunity to get away from Jessica for a bit. He hated the act he had to put on with dating her.



They stepped outside to a secluded area and out of nowhere, TOP punched him in the face, then kneed him in the stomach. He punched him again, this time on the lip, causing him to bleed. Donghae began to question TOP on why he was beating him up. Finally he kicked Donghae in the shin before speaking. “Don’t try to contact ~~~~-ssi again! You’ll only bring her misery…” he growled, before leaving.



Donghae looked at TOP’s retreating back and felt miserable. Not because he was beaten up by TOP. He felt he deserved it. Especially after TOP said for him to stay away from you. He sat in his seat, not looking at Jessica.



“Oppa… what happened to your face?” she asked, trying to see what happened.



“I walked into something when I walked back in…” he said, lying. Although he wasn’t much of a liar, Jessica was one of the people he could easily lie to and she’s buy it. “If only I could take back the lies I gave you, ~~~~…” he thought.