Chapter 2

S[He] Be[Lie]ved

It’s been about a month ever since Donghae has broken up with you and you had no choice but to abort the child inside you that was a result of the love the two of you shared. The procedure was quick, but it did leave you in a depressed state. Because you were a trainee at SMent, you found it a little difficult to find something you would want to do for the rest of your life. All your life… all you wanted was to be part of SM. Now your dreams were a bit shattered.



You returned to your home, closing the door, and walked to the picture of you and Donghae that you kept at your bedside. “I still don’t understand why, oppa… it’s been a month and I’m still trying to understand why you fell out of love with me…” you said to the picture of him.



Your left hand went to your abdomen, as your tears began to fall from your cheeks. “Why oppa…” was the only words that could escape your lips as you sobbed. You didn’t feel like eating that night.



Your mobile phone began to ring and you ignored it. You didn’t want to take any calls. Donghae was the only person you wanted to hear from. Friends… that’s the word you never wanted to hear from him. You loved him and you always will. You had that set in your mind. He was the one that was destined to be with you but he broke it.





Dorabojimalgo tteonagara
Tto nareul chatjimalgo saragara
Neoreul saranghaetgie huhoeeopgie
Johatdeon gieongman gajyeogara
Geureokjeoreok chamabolmanhae
Geureokjeoreok gyeondyeonaelmanhae
Neon geureolsurok haengbokhaeyadwae
Haru haru
Mudyeojyeogane




Your mobile wouldn’t stop ringing. Your sobs got louder and you heard someone opening the door, but you ignored it. You didn’t care whether someone were to rob or kill you from that moment on. You felt arms wrap around you. Turning your head, you saw your best friend within the entertainment industry, Dara.



“Ya! Stop crying…” she said, wiping away your tears. Although Dara was someone that was part of the YG… you’ve gotten to know her over the past two years. In fact, the meeting between the two of you was a little awkward the two of you automatically became friends. “~~~~-ah, did you eat yet?” she asked.



You shook your head. “Not yet, unnie…” you replied.



Dara shook her head. “Aish! Sometimes I worry about you more than Sang Hyun….” she said, taking the ramyeon out and beginning to prepare it. “You still upset about Donghae-ssi?” That was the question that surprised you the most. Of course, you had to keep it a secret that Donghae and you were dating but Dara was one of the only people outside SM that knew about it.



A sigh escaped your lips as you walked over with a blanket wrapped around you. “I still don’t understand why…” you whispered. “It was just so….”



Dara put her finger to your lip. “It’s okay, dongsaeng. You don’t have to tell me… but right now the thing you need the most is to eat... we can’t have you turning into a stick…” she said.



Your eyes widened at the statement your best friend was trying to say. “What is that supposed to mean?” you asked.



As a reply, she laughed.



----



Donghae walked past your home, looking at it. He didn’t dare try to enter or confront you because he knew that you were going to be upset. “I didn’t mean to do this, ~~~~-ah. I love you….” he whispered, before heading back to the Super Junior dorms.



----



You finished eating your dinner with Dara and she smiled at you. “Dongsaeng, weren’t you supposed to be the tenth member of Girls’ Generation?” she asked.



The only thing you could do is nod before explaining that Lee Soo Man decided to deny your debut as the tenth member and asked you to leave the company.



Dara looked at you. “Well that isn’t fair…” she said. But then she clapped her hands together. “I have an idea… why don’t you join as a trainee for YG? I’m sure Hyun Suk-ssi wouldn’t mind you being part of the YG Family… and this would give you a chance to fulfill your dream…”



The look on your face was of pure confusion. But you wouldn’t give up on your dream, if anything, the only promise you made to yourself ever since you turned 18 was to never give up on your dream of being a performer. You then nodded in agreement.



“Yay!” Dara exclaimed, hugging you. “Come with me to the YG building tomorrow and we’ll ask Hyun Suk-ssi if you could be a trainee for us…”