Chapter 3

S[He] Be[Lie]ved

You and Dara went to the CEO of YG the next day and asked him if you could be a trainee under his guidance. He seemed perturbed at the suddenness of everything but he accepted without much complaint on his part.

“So, ~~~~-ah, how long have you been training under Lee Soo-Man,” he said spitting out the rival agency’s CEO’s name in disgust,

“About 6 years.” You murmured shyly.

“Is that so? So you can sing, act, model, and dance quite well, correct?” He asked you challengingly.

Dara nudged you with her elbow signaling you to do something that would grant your ticket in the company. You felt a little bit shy but the dead baby inside of you seemed to give you strength because it was the child who could’ve been. You clenched your fists together and muttered a reply.

“Yes.” You said swiftly your eyes darting to his nonchalant face.

“Great, than show me.” He answered squarely.

You took a deep breath and with Dara as your support you sang a line of S.M the Ballad’s Missing You. Your voice was low and soft but the tone underneath was very nice. The CEO smiled and offered you a smile for the first time you’re been there. He patted you on the back and his gaze softened.

“Very nice. SM wasn’t thinking when he kicked you off.” He said smiling with victory at this new gift that would be the next big thing in the music industry.

All she needs is some brush up here and there with a couple of fashion tweaks and she’ll be good to go, he thought.

“Thanks.” You mumbled blushing a furious crimson at this CEO who was completely different from Lee Soo Man. Compared to Soo Man, Yang Hyun Suk was as laid back as can be. His black hair was messy and framed his square-ish face unevenly. He was wearing baggy sweatpants and a white shirt that had a couple of stains on it. You were very surprised when you met him for the first time. Dara coughed to get both of you out of your daydreams.

“You will have lessons Monday to Friday and you will be given a dorm here.”Yang Hyuk said while clapping you on the back.

“Thanks-“ You started to say but was interrupted by Dara.

“Sungsangnim, can ~~~~ bunk with me and the rest of 2ne1? The dongsaengs won’t mind.” She asked hopefully giving the CEO her legendary puppy dog eyes.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes tiredly, “As you wish.”

Both of you leaped with joy and hugged each other fiercely.

He just stared in confusion at the sight in front of him. So for the next month of your life, you trained and Dara being the friend that she was came to visit you regularly and she even introduced you to new guys but the way that they looked at you reminded you too much of your beloved Donghae.


“~~~~~-ah, why are you so down? This is supposed to be your new beginning.” She said one day as the both of you were drinking soju at a club one night.

You were drinking your fifth cup when you answered her, “I thought he was the one. I though he loved-“The sixth cup in your hand dropped and it fell on the floor with a shatter. The music was too loud for the people surrounding you to hear.

Your body lurched forward and you fell into Dara’s arms. You cried into her chest and it eased the pain you have been keeping for so many months inside of you. She said nothing and patted you consolingly and whispered sweet words in your ears. Her long slender fingers racked your back in comfort and the gasping breaths slowed down.

“Why me,” you asked and wiped your eyes with the back of your hand and blew your nose in the napkin she handed you.

She shrugged and hugged you once more, “I don’t know. This was how things were meant to be, I suppose.”

“The baby-“You gasped. My poor baby.

Dara looked at you softly with her warm eyes almost to the brink of tears seeing her friend suffering like this, “It wasn’t your fault. You had no choice.”

“Yes, I did. I could’ve kept-“you said when Dara silence you with a piercing look.

“You could, I admit it but where would you find the money to support it? ion? Adoption?” She answered lightly trying to lessen the tension in your heart.

You nodded you head and blew your nose once more. She’s right…if I did keep it then it would be suffering.

Dara paid for the both of you and she drove you back home to the dorms. As you walked up a step, Dara tapped you softly, “I know you’re really sad but you should know.”

She pulled out a paper printed from the computer and gave it to you. Your eyes widened in shock. No it couldn’t be. On the side in bolded letters were the words Super Junior’s Lee Donghae and SNSD’s Jessica dating? You looked at the date and your heart sank. It was the same time he was with you. The tears came again and Dara looked grief stricken. You crumpled up the paper in a ball and tossed it in the rain.

You slammed the door fiercely and Dara flinched. As she was starting up the engine, the paper ball started to unravel and the water pellets seeped through. Dara’s tires ran over it and left it muddy in the ground.

Lee Donghae, you made your choice and you will suffer my wrath.