Chapter 5

S[He] Be[Lie]ved

Donghae was having mixed feelings about your debut. He had no idea that you were the new artist debuting. When he saw you on that stage looking that beautiful, it made his heart stop, but when he saw you press your lips against the back-up dancer’s, it made him mad. With quick heavy strides he walked away when your performance was finished. Without his knowledge, Jessica was following him out.

He leaned against the wall of the parking space and rubbed his eyes tiredly. Jessica was watching him on the side secretly and was watching his every move. Her cat-like eyes took his physique in and silently smiled to herself at her good taste.

Donghae looked like a prince with the moonlight gleaming in his hair. With his arms crossed, he closed his eyes and replayed the song you sang in his mind. It looked as if you were singing it to him, but he could never know because he was too much of a coward to approach you and ask. None the less, he enjoyed the performance. He was sick of pop songs, and when he heard the soft ballad song and your strong vocals, his heart pounded in his ribcage like a drum. Reminiscing about your sweet voice, back to the time you sang songs in his ears, tears ran silently down his face and into his V-collared shirt.

Jessica watched Donghae with a heavy heart. She hated you and loved him, but it hurt her to see him suffer because of her ---without you—so she briefly thought of approaching him. Her resolve was stopped when Donghae glared directly at he and she swallowed hard, a lump forming in .

“What are you doing here?” he asked coldly and wiped the tears from his eyes. Jessica wiggled in her place and she was shuffling her feet uncomfortably.

She said softly,” I wanted to see what was wrong. Why did you leave so sudden?” Her small frame was hidden by the shadows, but no matter how innocent she looked, Donghae didn’t give way. He knew what she was like in the inside and he would never fall for her tricks again.

With a distant voice he replied, “There was no need. I’m fine. Thanks for caring.” He was about to walk back inside when Jessica reached for his arm and he shook it off. Heat was forming in her cheeks and with an angry tug; she pulled him into her and wrapped her arms around his thin waist. Jessica, buried her face in his chest and cried,”Why does it have to be her? I love you so much more since the beginning.”

Donghae sighed warily and didn’t return the hug. She hugged him tighter and mentally told him to wrap his arms around her, “Jessica, I’m sorry, but you know it could never be. For me, it’s always been her. It pains me to see her being hurt because of you being so selfish and manipulative.”

Jessica hesitantly let go of Donghae, catching a last whiff of his scent before she let go. With anger apparent in her eyes she fired at him, “Well, you’re an idiot then. I was trying to save your career, but I see now that you obviously don’t care. Are you willing to give up your life ---your career—for you just a good kiss? Or hormone attraction? How long do you think it would last? A couple of years? And then what? Regret it for the rest of your life?”

“I don’t regret anything I do today nor will I regret it in the future. The only thing I regret is giving her up because of you!” Donghae replied and stalked off.

“Yah, Lee Donghae, you will always be mine. You belong to me.” Jessica’s shrill voice sounded and she collapse on the concrete parking lot on her knees. Donghae’s eyebrows knitted together and he covered his ears. I made a terrible mistake

Meanwhile, you were being congratulated and Hyun Suk has an arm around your shoulder. His square-ish, proud smile made you happy and you savored the look of shock of Lee Soo Man’s face when he realized that you were the newly debuted artist. He silently cursed at Hyun Suk for doing this and gave a forced grin for the media.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Donghae staring at you with his hands in his jean pockets. His shoulders were slumped and he looked slightly dejected. Both of you made eye contact and he gave you a sheepish grin. It was sad and comforting at the same time, but you turned you attention back to the scene before you. The whole debut party lasted at least 4-6 hours and Hyun Suk went home along with Big Bang. You and Dara were the only ones left.

“~~~, I saw Donghae staring at you.” She said while filling up two empty cups with orange juice.

“Really? I didn’t notice,” you lied quickly and drank the tarty juice.

“Umm… Who wouldn’t look at you? You look hot!” Dara replied motioning to your revealing outfit.

“I guess. So did you ask Hyun Suk- sungsangnim where I will have my first schedule?” you asked curiously and gazed at Dara with wide eyes.

Dara laughed and poked you in the cheek, “You won’t believe me, but it’s at Sukira.” You took a big gulp of the juice and almost chocked, “What?!”

Your friend nodded and all you could do was gap at her. She looked sympathetically at you and patted you on the shoulder, “Yeah, I asked him if it could be Strong Heart or Star King, but he specifically tolf me Sukira. The thing is, it’s tomorrow.’

You jumped up and the chair was knocked over, “What did you say? Tomorrow? We better get going home.” Dara quickly grabbed her purse and pulled out her keys. With a click, she beeped the door open and both of you drove home.

The Next Day

_____________

You and your manager drove to the Sukira recording site and you nervously paced back and forth. Super Junior and you have never been close and you only heard tidbits about them by Donghae. They didn’t know that you had Donghae’s baby or even that you were his ex-girlfriend. The only info. they knew was that you were a newly-debuted artist that was making headlines for your vocal talent.

Donghae was a guest at the recording and when he saw your name on the list he gulped and fixed the collar of his shirt.

Soon, the recording began with Leeteuk’s jubilant voice bouncing off of the walls.

“Let’s begin with an introduction. Please welcome ~~~~~. She has taken the music industry by surprise by her vocal talent.” Leeteuk said and clapped while giving you a one dimpled smile.

“Yes, I am rookie artist ~~~~, please take care of me.” You said in the mic. You gave Donghae a swift glance and continued to answer the multiple questions Leeteuk shot at you.

“Ladies and gentlemen please enjoy this song by our very own Lee Donghae.” Eunhyuk snorted and winked at you mischievously, “Donghae can’t sing for anything.”

Donghae blushed and gave Eunhyuk a glare. He made way to the mic and began singing sweetly. The melody made your ears crave more and your chest tightened. Donghae was staring at you the whole time which drew interest from nosy Leeteuk and Eunhyuk. Donghae was singing a cover of That Man by Hyun Bin.

A man loves you

That man really loves you

Every day, like a shadow, he follows you around

That man smiles but actually crying

How much, how much more

I have to gaze at you like this, alone

This wind like love, this useless love

If I continue this, will you love me? OH

Just come a little closer, just a little bit

If I take one step,

You runaway two step

I, the person who love you,

Even now is still at your side,

That Man cries



That man is very shy

So he just learned to smile

Even to his best friend, he didn’t much talk

His heart is too painful



So that man love you

Because you were just like him

Another fool, another fool

Can’t you give me one hug ? OH



I want to be loved,

While he scream it every day only in his heart,

Everyday inside, inside my heart

That man, even today still at your side… OH



Do you know that “That Man” is me?

You’re not doing this while you know, right?

Perhaps you wouldn’t know,

Because you’re just a fool~




As the song ended you had your mouth hanging open and Eunhyuk was snickering to himself and was pointing at you. Leeteuk just faked wiping away tears that weren’t there.

When the radio show ended, Donghae caught up with you. You turned around and her pressed a not in your hand and walked away without looking back once.

Which did the note say?