Chapter Seven: Curiosity

A Crack in History

Ryeowook awoke in the morning to Kyung eating a bowl of cereal staring into space, and a reading Yesung, and was kind of shocked to see them both up so early, seeing it was about dawn.

"Good morning Ryeowook-shii." Yesung hummed, not once looking up from his book. "Have a nice rest?"

"Good to know you didn't kill me in my sleep." Ryeowook mumbled back in reply.

"If anything, it would be the other way around." Yesung countered back bluntly, giving him a quizzical glare from behind the cover of his paperback. "But if you must be off, it was nice meeting you, although I doubt we'll ever meet again."

"Likewise." Ryeowook shrugged, looking at Kyung, who was just eating without a word. He almost looked kind of dead, a spaced out look present in his eyes and his movement slow and steady. Slumped over in his chair and jaw chewing slowly, Ryeowook frowned at him, and was going to ask until Yesung bet him to it.

"He's still half asleep." Yesung sighed, running a hand through his blonde hair, noticing Ryeowook's direction of gaze. "Don't worry about him."

"I wasn't worrying at all." Ryeowook narrowed his eyes. "But goodbye now... And thanks... I guess..."

"Don't mention it," Yesung shrugged nonchalantly. "Good luck, safe travels."

Ryeowook nodded, and exited through the door, suddenly finding himself stuck with how to get out.

"I forgot about that..." Yesung popped up behind him, voice startling the Light element. "Here."

Yesung moved the crate, lifting Ryeowook up and placing him on the edge of the hole. He gave a quick salute as a goodbye when Ryeowook pushed the crate back into place with a quick 'Goodbye'.

Sighing, he picked up his radio.

[And why haven't you been talking, hm?]

"Oh hush Eunhyuk." Ryeowook rolled his eyes, climbing up a ladder on the side of the building. "I was figuring out things."

[Mmmm....]

"Shut up." Ryeowook replied harshly. "Where am I now?"

[Gwanak... The edge of the border... Just a little bit out from the Seocho district...] Eunhyuk stated. [You're only about a day and a half away from Geumcheon.]

"Hm."

[Depending on your speed and stamina, of course.]

Ryeowook hummed again, scanning the skyline and trying to mark out a mental route. 

"Yeah..." He sighed, placing his radio on his belt. "I'll see how far I can go... I'm aiming to get there by tomorrow at eleven."

[But... You'd have to stay up all night... And run...]

"And? I'm capable of that."

[... Right...]

"You don't know what I'm capable of."

[... Okay...]

"Anyways." Ryeowook adjusted his belt, so the button was still pushed. "How are you and Donghae doing?"

[Eh? He still hates me... And I don't like him..] Eunhyuk replied. [It's a win-win scenario,]

"I still don't know if you don't like him, per say..." Ryeowook chuckled, testing a wire to see if it was dead. "Perhaps, 'in denial' might be a better choice of words."

[KIM RYEOWOOK I DO NOT LIKE HIM.]

"Oh I believe you." Ryeowook rolled his eyes, knowing Eunhyuk couldn't see, but could guess.

[You just rolled your eyes didn't you.]

"Well done Captain Obvious." Ryeowook grinned, using an attachment to stick his guns together and slid over a zip line casually.

[I know you're being sarcastic.] Eunhyuk replied. [Ugh, whatever... Look, I gotta go... Keep me posted?]

"Yeah, sure." Ryeowook answered, having safely landed on the neighbouring building. "I will... Not that much will happen apart from moving..."

[Well good luck] Eunhyuk sighed exasperatedly. [I'll be here... I guess... If you need me...]

"See you later." Ryeowook laughed, running to the next building and making a bridge with his powers, attaching his guns to his belt again. "And try be nice to Donghae?"

[Ryeowook, for the last time, I do not like him.]

"I know just..." Ryeowook said shakily. "Just try, okay?"

[I won't guarantee anything but okay...]

"Good luck." Ryeowook encouraged. "You'll need it."

[You will too.]

"Whatever you want to believe Eunhyuk."Ryeowook rolled his eyes. "Have fun."

[You too, see ya kiddo.]

The line went dead, and Ryeowook looked over the city, the ruined buildings of what used to be society being revealed in the light of the rising sun. He grinned as he located the main highway leading to Geumcheon, and began his journey across the highway for the day.

------------------------

"... Did somehing about him strike you as odd...?"

"... His behaviour..."

"That is probably the same way you would act if you were in his shoes."

"Yes but... It was just... Strange..."

"I didn't see anything out of the ordinary."

"... He's not normal..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he might be like us."

"Oh?"

"Yeah... I think he's like us, remember when you first approached me?"

"That's a completely different situation Master."

"Oh but we can relate, and that's what matters right?"

An audible sigh filled the room before he breathed out.

"... I suppose..."

---------------------

This whole chapter has changed... And Yesung is a bit less weird while Kyung is a bit more eccentric...

Hm.... O_o

Well, it was nice to redo their personalities a bit...

I suppose...

Yesung striked me as a real weirdo...

I hope you enjoyed reading~

Please comment and subscribe <3

Oh and as always

Don't mind me~