Chapter Twenty: Beacon

A Crack in History

Eunhyuk looked around in awe at the broken city. No matter how many times he saw it, he would forever be surprised that it was the human race that had caused this in the first place. Yet he was also surprised at how Leeteuk had managed to crumble a skyscraper into ruins in a matter of minutes. The Life element was registering his work while Eunhyuk just gaped at the chucks of rock, rusted metal and piles of dust.

"How... Did-" Eunhyuk stuttered out slowly.

"I just sped up the aging process of it," Leeteuk mused as he knelt down. "Like speeding up its life."

Eunhyuk blinked confusedly, but followed Leeteuk as he walked around the perimeter of the collapsed building. He seemed to be looking for something, like a trigger or a switch, Eunhyuk couldn't tell.

"Ah, here," Leeteuk walked to the centre of the floor. "If I do this then something should happen..."

Leeteuk pressed a glowing hand on to the concrete floor. The glow trickled into a pattern which had been engraved into the ground, and Eunhyuk walked up behind him curiously. He felt the ground rumble, and he jumped back. The ground beneath them rose up slowly and Leeteuk grinned at this.

"Jungsoo, we're standing on a giant box," Eunhyuk panicked. "What do we do?!"

Leeteuk didn't reply to him though, he just jumped off the box and observed it. He looked around it with a quizzical expression.

"It's got some type of life energy inside it," Leeteuk stated simply. "Eunhyuk get down here and punch the box will you?"

"YOU WANT ME TO PUNCH A CONCRETE BOX?!" Eunhyuk yelled, poking his head over the side to where Leeteuk was.

"Yes, I want you to punch the box," Leeteuk repeated clapping his hands. "But use electricity, okay?"

"Won't it hurt?"

"Nope, just punch it," Leeteuk said nonchalantly. "Right here,"

Eunhyuk jumped down beside Leeteuk and looked at the point Leeteuk was pointing at. He raised an eyebrow suspiciously but let a surge of electricity surge through his arm, releasing it in a punch on the wall.

To his surprise, Leeteuk was right, it hadn't hurt at all, and the box had cracked, and crumbled. After the dust had cleared, Leeteuk ventured inside the remnants of the box, Eunhyuk right after. There was a circle of stands, columns of stone with small indents probably intended to hold something. Eunhyuk frowned, what was all this?

"May I please have your backpack?" Leeteuk asked, already dropping his.

Eunhyuk shrugged his yellow rucksack off and handed it to Leeteuk who opened it and took out the three stones he'd been holding.

"Okay, so each column has a coordinating symbol of a yoso-dol," Leeteuk hummed thoughtfully. "Just place the stones on to their respective stands..."

Leeteuk looked at the one he had, it was one he couldn't quite figure out but he had found the matching column and gently placed the stone on its pedestal. The symbols began to glow a bright yellow.

"Ack!" He heard a few minutes later.

Leeteuk looked over at Eunhyuk, whose eyes had changed to neon yellow, he rushed towards the stand that Leeteuk had just been by and placed a hand on the symbol.

"Hyukjae, what are you doing?" Leeteuk asked curiously.

"I dunno! It just kinda made me do this!" Eunhyuk exclaimed with panic. "I can't move!"

Leeteuk blinked, and pulled the stone off the pedestal, and Eunhyuk was released from whatever trance he was under.

"Ugh, thank god," he muttered, walking back to the stones he'd dropped. "Leave that one till last will ya?"

"Okay." Leeteuk smiled, placing the Earth stone on its stand.

Eunhyuk looked down at his pile, and separated Leeteuk's stone with his one, which Leeteuk had placed in a corner. He believed he had the yoso-dol of Water and Light, going to the correct pedestal for Light, he placed the stone on its stand, the symbols shining a bright orange. He repeated this action for the water stone.

"Okay, well I've done mine," Eunhyuk sighed as Leeteuk placed his last stone, Metal on its stand. "So now what?"

Leeteuk shrugged at him happily, which made him face palm. But as soon as he did that, they heard someone approaching them. Both looking towards the sound of running, they saw Ryeowook sprinting towards them. His eyes were glowing bright orange and his expression looked panicked as he came to a stop in front of his pedestal.

"Leeteuk?! Hyukjae?!" He panted looking up at them. "What's happening?! How come I can't move?!"

"Your fine Ryeowook," Leeteuk smiled down at him. "Just be patient... Do you have your yoso-dols?"

"Um, I have one," Ryeowook answered with a frown. "I think it's Han Geng's actually..."

"Perfect!" Leeteuk clapped rummaging through Ryeowook's bag. "Here we are!"

Leeteuk placed the stone on the according pedestal as Donghae flew down behind his stand, blinking in confusion at Eunhyuk and Leeteuk.

"What's going on?" He asked more with curiosity than shock. "Oh, hey Ryeowook!"

"Hi Hae." Ryeowook sighed. "Oh! Donghae has a stone! It has pink symbol on it!"

Eunhyuk rummaged through the Metal element's bag to find the stone, the young protesting.

"Oh quit having a hissy-fit," Eunhyuk muttered as he got the stone out. "Hey, I saw this one before."

Eunhyuk rushed over to next to his stand to find the pink-symbol pedestal there, he placed the stone atop its stand as Han Geng flew in from above.

"Oh, there you guys are! I was so worried!" The Air element sighed in relief, eyes glowing a light grey. "What's going on?"

"That's what I said, and I never got an answer." Donghae pouted.

"Be patient," Leeteuk smiled as he rummaged through Han Geng's bag. "Um, could you kinda slouch a bit? I can't reach inside."

"Oh, yeah, sure," Han Geng blushed, lowering himself. "How's that?"

"Perfect," Leeteuk grinned at him, rushing away with the three stones he had had. "Eunhyuk catch!"

The Electricity caught the large stone that was chucked wildly at him and looked around trying to find the matching symbol. Leeteuk looked down at his, he had Death and Phenomena, he guessed, placing the Phenomena stone into its place before quickly locating the Death yoso-dol's stand.

"Ready Eunhyuk?" Leeteuk asked looking at the younger as he picked up his stone.

"Yeah!"

Leeteuk made his way over to Eunhyuk's pedestal and placed the stone on it. The Electricity element rushed over to the stone like the first time, eyes glowing neon yellow. Leeteuk finally  picked up his own stone, finding its pedestal before slowly placing it on, his eyes shone silvery with rainbow specks and his hand was transfixed to the stone.

"So what's going on?!" Han Geng asked Leeteuk, who was beside him.

"It's a beacon!" Ryeowook gasped in realisation. "It's calling all the elements here! We’re calling all the elements here!"

"Bingo!" Leeteuk nodded in agreement. "You got it!"

"So now what?" Eunhyuk called from his spot.

"Now," Leeteuk hummed.

"We wait."

---

WOOHOO

Stuff is getting real!

I'm on a roll so be prepared to have another chapter soon!

ILY