Chapter Three: Comfort

A Crack in History

"Ah! Did you enjoy your shower?" Leeteuk smiled as Ryeowook walked into the room. He was wearing some clothing Leeteuk had quickly collected for him, a pair of shorts and a top, both over-sized, the shirt reaching his knees, the shorts underneath, he also wore his father's over-sized jersey, the one he'd been wearing when he first came in.

"Yes Jungsoo-shii." Ryeowook replied, sitting on the couch. "Thank you for asking."

"Oh don't do that!" Leeteuk laughed. "Call me Leeteuk, or Jungsoo. There's no need for formalities!"

"Um, okay." Ryeowook answered. "Thank you."

"For what?" Leeteuk frowned.

"Everything." Ryeowook said.

"No problem! It's what we're meant to do!" Leeteuk grinned. "Hey, do you think you can get Eunhyuk and Donghae for me? Donghae did show you around, right?"

"Yes! Of course!" Ryeowook nodded. "I'll be back in a minute!"

Ryeowook scampered off, making his way to Donghae's room. Ryeowook actually wondered how exactly Donghae could live in there, his room practically resembled a metal box, apart from as simple bed and wardrobe.

First thing Ryeowook noticed was that Donghae seemed depressed, humming a soft tune. Second of all, he was floating. Moving around the room slowly, floating in every direction Ryeowook could think of. Finally noticing Ryeowook was there, he fell to the ground.

"Ack!" he yelled. "Oh! Hi!"

"Uh... Don't you have the power over metal?" Ryeowook frowned.

"Yeah, but because the room is metal, I can increase the magnetism of myself and the room so I can float!" Donghae explained. "That's why my room's metal! So I can fly around!"

"Uh..." Ryeowook blinked at the answer. "Whatever, Dinner's ready."

"Okay!" he chirped walking past him.

'That was weird...' Ryeowook thought. 'Now to Lord Electronic Grump.'

Eunhyuk's room had been much simpler, it seemed normal enough when Ryeowook had first seen it, but now it looked like a storm had a party in there, and hadn't tidied up. The room glowed a neon yellow, walls vibrating with the pulses running through them. Eunhyuk was shooting the lightbulb with bolts of electricity, the excess sparks landing around the room, some landing in the blonde's hair and resting there. He looked up to him with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Dinner's ready." Ryeowook squeaked, slightly intimidated by the elder.

"I'll be down in a sec." Eunhyuk sighed.

"..." Ryeowook knew it was a bad idea, after all, Eunhyuk seemed like the meanest person Ryeowook had ever met. "Is something up?.."

"You could say that." he shrugged.

"Is it because of me?..." Ryeowook continued.

"Huh? You?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow at him. "You've barely come near me. Like I'm a ghost or somethin'..."

"... You kinda scare me from the way you fight with Donghae." Ryeowook admitted.

"At least you're honest." Eunhyuk snorted. "Yeah. It's about the fish."

"Fish... Donghae?" Ryeowook frowned.

"That'd be the one." Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. "The damn thing, annoys the outta me."

"Why?" Ryeowook stammered hesitantly.

"Meh." Eunhyuk shrugged lazily. "It's his fault, but it's myself who is annoying me."

"Uh..." Ryeowook blinked.

"I dunno actually..." Eunhyuk said, sitting up on the yellow bedspread. "It's really hard to explain... I grew up in an orphanage and was treated like crap... Bullied, punished for nothing, shunned because of my hair colour..."

He paused, and held a few locks of his blond tresses between his fingers, twisting them slowly before continuing.

"So I escaped, and met Teuk, and this other guy, they were really nice to me, and we lived quite happily for a while... Then that other guy disappeared... And we were both broken... So we travelled with just each other for some time and then, bam! He appeared... I don't know why but he was just so affectionate it... Annoyed me... I dunno what it was but everything he did just sparked something in me and made me... Act like this... It's just so confusing, I'm fine with Teuk doing that but with him it's just... Different... It's like I want him to talk to me, but I thought I hated him and it annoys me how I want to talk to him... It's hard to explain..."

"... Do you... Y'know... Like him?" Ryeowook stuttered.

"Didn't we just go through this?" Eunhyuk huffed. "I said I just dunno what to do!"

"Why not?" Ryeowook asked. 

"... That's the problem." Eunhyuk muttered. "I can't figure it out...."

"... So..." Ryeowook said slowly as Eunhyuk hopped of the bed and walked toward him. 

"We'll talk later, kay kiddo?" Eunhyuk hissed, placing a finger on Ryeowook's lips. "And if I heard a word of this come outta you, I'll personally kill you, we clear?"

"Yes!" Ryeowook squeaked.

"If you wanna talk later, come to my room after dinner, okay?" Eunhyuk sighed. "Let's go."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Suppertime was silent. No one talked. No one made any sudden movements. It killed Ryeowook. It was quiet. Too quiet.

"... How can you stand this?!" Ryeowook asked. 

"... We don't." Leeteuk smiled. "Eunhyuk and Donghae just make the situation awkward."

"... Whatever." Eunhyuk grumbled standing up, walking to the kitchen and placing his dishes in the sink. "I'm gonna go to bed."

"I will also." Donghae stated, following the older.

The two left in silence. Not looking at each other. No smart remarks, no snide comments, no evil glares. 

"They are annoying." Leeteuk sighed. "I wish they'd just get along!"

Ryeowook all but nodded.

"Do you want to sleep?" Leeteuk offered. "I'm sure you're very tired."

"..." Ryeowook just looks at the elder.

"I'll be fine." Leeteuk chuckled, instantly understanding Ryeowook's silent message. "Go sleep."

"Okay." Ryeowook answered, getting up. "You sure-"

"I said I'll be fine." Leeteuk assured Ryeowook. "Go to bed."

Muttering a quick thanks, Ryeowook scurried off to his room. He'd taken a liking to it already. The walls were a creamy yellow, the colour of a budding daffodil, the roof a nice white. His carpet was co-ordinated a sandy colour to match, and the bed sheets were of the same shade of the walls. Small glowing ball of light floated around, illuminating the room as well as the bed lamp. There was also a small set of drawers in the room, located in the far corner. Ryeowook padded over the soft carpet to his bed, snuggling under the covers.

The blankets were warm and Ryeowook felt safe, safe in the warmth of his new family. Just like he was in his blanket.

"Goodnight..." he whispered. He didn't think anyone was listening, but when he heard the globes of light float towards him, and start to sing him a soft melody, he giggled, and fell asleep, smile on his lips.

---------------------------------------------------------

Uh... Hi...

Random singing balls of light? Yeah that's just me.

What is wrong with me?

Oh and I'll tell you this now

Whenever you see a * next to a word, it will be explained down in this part.

A/N right?

Just a note.

Please comment and subscribe~

I LOVE YOU ALL

And as always~

Don't mind me~

Enjoy reading!