Chapter Twenty-Four: Wonder

A Crack in History

"Oi! Watch it!" A childish voice yelled, voice coming out as bubbles.

The fish he was swimming with him laughed as they nudged against his sides, tickling his sides. His golden hair splayed around his head in the water and his eyes were wide with surprise and happiness. He squirmed as the fish brushed against his sides and blew bubbles against him.

"Ahaha!" He laughed uncontrollably. "Please! You guys! Ahaha! Stop please!!! My stomach! Ahahahahahaha!"

The fish backed away slowly as they saw his eyes glow a brilliant aquamarine, he blinked confusedly and swam in a circle.

"What? I'm sorry... Did I sound too mean?" He asked cautiously, looking around at the colourful creatures. "I didn't mean to... Wait; is there a shark behind me? Aw man, not again!"

The aquatic creatures shook their heads and let out a series of noises via bubbles, Morse code, he could understand it of course, and he always talked to the fish.

"Your eyes..."

"What about my eyes?" He cocked his head to the side. "Oh, that... They've been glowing at weird times lately... I wonder what it's about..."

"Don't you think it's telling you something...? At all...?"

"... I suppose," He shrugged nonchalantly. "But what's it telling me...?"

".... We don't know, we're only fish..."

"... Oh yeah..." He mumbled sadly before perking up again. "Hm, I'll go check it out okay? I'll try be back soon!"

"We're fish; we'll probably forget you in a few second after you're gone."

"No you won't, you've remembered my name!" The boy exclaimed. "You guys are special!"

"Only in your presence..."

"Don't say that!" He pouted, swimming towards shore. "I'll be back soon!"

He picked up his backpack from the sand and emerged from the water, belongings, hair and clothing completely dry, he grinned at this. His golden hair was spiked up and his red baseball jacket and loose, faded denim jeans had been cleaned by being in the water.

The water was his home, ever since the war had hit Canada he'd fled here by water, his powers allowing him to do so, he was one with the elixir of life, and it was one with him. He had discovered them when he had been running away, and he was forced to flee to a river, to which he jumped into and swam away. He had discovered that he went a lot faster than any of the boats trying to evacuate the area, and had been confused. He hasn't been in Korea for long if he thought about it, he had dropped by China to do some research on 'Great War III'.

He looked at the mark that bore his wrist; a bright aquamarine pattern that swirled around the circumference of his thin joint. He actually wondered what it was there for; it didn’t seem to have any specific purpose, well, so far. But then again, what did he know? He barely knew about his powers, well, he kind of did, he did know how to control them, but he was pretty sure he didn’t know their potential…

He had run away. At the time the war reached them, his parents had been in China, which had been breached long ago, so chances were, they were dead. His siblings had been lost while they had tried to escape, he hasn't seen them since, and he just hoped they hadn't been taken. He was alone now, but if he thought about it now, he couldn't really imagine it any other way, and every other survivor was probably just like him, abandoned, lonely, had super powers... Maybe not the last one... But hey, it was possible.

He looked down at the sand beneath his shoes, and saw a metal baseball bat sitting there, dented and bloodied with the marks of war. He smiled sadly as he picked it up, holding it in his right hand before raising his left. He closed his eyes with deep concentration.

White fluffy clouds swirled above him, lowered to his height and created a trailed towards the inner city. He hasn't been there yet, still a bit scared of the possibility of soldiers being there, but he jumped on the cloud trail, skating across it as if it were a rink. He watched the city go by, the ruins of once a thriving metropolis whizzing by his vision. He was so intrigued in the city he didn't notice the trail ended, and he fell off the end clumsily, frantically flailing as he headed face first towards what looked like (in his perspective) a giant wall. His head collided with a wall of concrete, the rough surface grazed his forehead. Confused, he sat up and looked at the wall, that wasn't actually a wall. It was a pillar, a rounded one with a stone at the top, a teardrop sign glowing blue calling him towards it. He looked around. He was in the remnants of a building, several other pillars placed in a circle beside the one he'd knocked his head into. Behind the pillars, stood people, eyes glowing different colours and hands pressed against stones with different symbols.

"Well, not the most elegant way of entering, but ah well! It's nice to meet you!"

He looked up to see a male with gold-blond hair, maybe a little paler than his own, a dimpled smile and glowing silver eyes with... We're they rainbow speckles?

"Hello! My name is Jungsoo, or Leeteuk, whatever you want!" The rainbow-eyed person grinned. "I'm the Life element! And before you ask what is going on, well just wait until everyone is here! There's only two more!"

"... Okay..." He blinked as he stood up, automatically placing a hand on the stone in front of him. "Well, I'm Henry, Water element, Chinese, from Canada."

"Oh yay! That's interesting! I love finding out new things!" Leeteuk apparently smiled. "We have another Chinese person here! His name is Han Geng! He's the Air element; I think you'll get along with him splendidly!"

Henry blinked at this strange man who kept babbling on about his live to him (especially about this Han Geng guy) and wondered why exactly he was here...

"Welcome to the elements," the man to his left, who he hadn't noticed, said blankly. "My name is Han Geng."

He had black hair that was slightly spiked and slanted eyes that glowed a light grey, unlike the other male across the room whose eyes glowed a deep metallic grey. He wore a grey jacket and jeans, he seemed relaxed, and almost a bit bored... Maybe he had been here a while.

"The guy who Leeteuk is babbling on about?"

"... Yes... I do believe so..."

"Is he your boyfriend?" Henry asked quite bluntly, yet genuinely.

Han Geng's grey eyes widened and glowed intensely at that statement and he shied away slowly. He looked down at the shorter with a mixture of surprise and shock. A deep pink blush was forming on his cheeks, even visible through the unknown energy that swirled around the room and sent a blue-white glow throughout the area.

"O-Oh, no, no, no!" Han Geng stuttered, waving his free hand frantically. "He's a childhood friend... It's been a while since we saw each other though."

"Oh..." Henry nodded slowly. "Sorry, just an assumption, well, it's nice to meet you! I'm Henry, the Water element..."

"Welcome to the club Henry," Han Geng sighed down at him. "I believe things are about to get hectic..."

Henry cocked his head to the side at that comment, but he shrugged and looked towards the middle of the circle.

"That's okay. I think I'm used to weird."

---

Hello! I'm back!

I feel like I've said that before... XD

Anyway, only one/two more chapter until the elements are all united! (IDK)

Thank you for being patient, I really appreciate it (I can be a bit slow... -_-')

Happy reading ^^