•The Pixlr Basic Tool Tricks and Tips (Part 1)•

•The Pixlr Tutor's Place•

WAIT!!!!! Before we actually start going into the complicated stuff, here's a picture that will come out frequently. I'm going to be using a different random picture I like every two-three chapters or so, so get used to it.

 cuz i like strawberry ice creams <3

Got it? Okay, let's do this step by step.

 

Let's start with the Marquee tools.

These are super handy, super easy, and super user-friendly.

I'll go with the easy first, then the tricky later.

First, the Boxed Marquee. For short, I'll call it BM. So BM is easy. You can use choose between a box figure and a circle. It depends on what you need.

So to BM a place, you just have to click and drag. A box/circle of grayish lines that are moving will follow. To cancel, just click somewhere else. Reaaall simple.

The thing so useful about this is that if you decide to color in a selected place, you can select that place and then color as wildly as you want-but the color will stay ONLY IN THE MARQUEED PLACE!!! It's awesome.

So it looks something like this:

 

Then:

 

Then, when you un-click everything, it'll look somehow like:

 

Also-a good thing to use is the CTRL key and the SHIFT key. In either BM, Marquee, or Magic Wand, you may find yourself wanting to create, let's say, an e. But for that, you need a small hole in the middle. You don't have to re-marquee and delete later on-you can just CTRL-CLICK (the mouse will have a small - next to it) and marquee it out.

When you marquee and realize you left out a part, well, easy enough. SHIFT-CLICK, problem solved.

The great thing about SHIFT-CLICKing is that you can and you probably will make separate marqueed places-and it'll still work its magic as efficiently as if it was one.

Are you confused? Here, some visual stuff:

1) The CTRL--what it can look like

 

2) The SHIFT--what it can look like

  to 

 



Then next is the Gradient.

The Gradient tool can change the atmosphere or aura of a picture/poster in a second. Here are some examples:

 Feel the difference? Isn't the first one more tastier-looking? great now im hungry

Look at this one:

 Now this one is more... un-tastier-looking. okay never mind. not hungry.

Okay, okay, I admit, these didn't come out that nice, but hey, I did it in a second without careful reasoning and experimenting, which is how I usually get my pictures.

 

So... see how this is? It's really simple. To get the 'aura'-nesses like these, you need to set the gradient level at, like, less than 36. I usually work with around 15-35, which works pretty nice to me.

 

Once again, any questions? Comment below, and I'll make a special chapter just for you to explan stuff. Because we're tutors, in Pixlr. Got it? :) Hope this helps.