Chapter 6

Smtown: A Complicated Life

 

Chapter 6

 

 

 

 

She walked down smiling from ear to ear with some delicious dukbokki in her hands. Tired from her everlasting training, her favourite food definitely cheered her up. As she was half skipping down the hallway, taking a bite of her dukbokki every metre, a tired sweaty guy was walking towards her way. The two didn't notice each other until the girl dropped her dukbokki onto the floor.

The food splat everywhere, dirtying Sooyoung's new bought jeans, and also someone else's shoes. Sooyoung was panicking and looking at the ground pouting, and it was only when the other guy knelt down and tried to help, did she notice his existence.

She immediately apologised. "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry, so sorry for being so clumsy and for dirtying your.. pretty new shoes." She said as she looked at the man's shoes and tried to clean them. They were bright white, and looked newly bought, but it was now graffitied with dukbokki sauce. She bowed her head and closed her eyes as guilt filled her insides. She didn't like bringing trouble to others. As she lifted her head up, her eyes met the victim of her mess.

The guy was sweaty, but didn't look bad at all; he had a charming glance as he stared into her eyes. He nodded at her in politeness and just by that she knew that he didn't really mind. She observed the sweat still dripping down his face, probably from the hard training that he had just gone through. He must be an extremely determined and hardworking guy. She thought.

"It's alright. I'll go and get a mop in the janitor's room." He said and with that, he left in a hurry.

Sooyoung didn't know why, anyone would have thought that he would have just made an excuse and had left her, but she did not think that. She just thought from the way he talked and the way he looked at her, she could trust him, and he was a person that would keep to his words in the best way possible.

And after a few minutes, her thoughts were proved to be right.

He came back with two mops and a bucket of detergent-filled water; he sank the mop into the bucket and started to clean up the mess quietly without a word. Nothing was going on in his head; the only thing he knew was that there was a mess on the floor and that he should clean it up.

“Um hello.” Sooyoung greeted as she looked up at the guy once more. He had sharp features that Sooyoung favoured a lot; he looks exactly like a new actor that appeared in a new drama, but this wasn’t a drama, this was real life. Thinking that she had spoken too softly (as the guy still hasn’t responded), she stood up and literally shouted in his face.

“HI! I’m SOOYOUNG! SORRY!” Only when the words came out of , did she realise how loudly she had spoken. Her hands immediately went to and her eyes widened in surprise. Luckily no one else was around besides her and this cool charming guy. She bowed a few times at him before looking up at him.

He just smiled at her briefly and went back to cleaning up the mess, which wasn’t there anymore.

“Sorry. Sorry. Sorry for being so loud and for bumping into you and for not helping you clean up. I mean i wanted to, but.. it seems like you’ve already cleaned it all up by yourself.” Sooyoung blurted out; she certainly didn’t seem like a sunbae to this boy, more like he was the sunbae; she looked just like a freaking out lost puppy.

The boy smiled once again and just nodded his head.

“Can’t you talk?” Sooyoung asked out curiously, not noticing that it was such an offending question. She was careless like that sometimes.

The boy finally gave out a chuckle, the first sound from him that Sooyoung has ever heard, and it brought a smile to her face instantly.

“Of course I can, otherwise I wouldn’t be here as a trainee.” The boy responded.

“Oh right.” Sooyoung replied. She was out of words just by a simple sentence from the boy. “Um...”

“I know you’re sorry.” The boy said with a smile. “It’s alright Sooyoung sunbae, and nice to meet you. Would it be okay for you to put back the mops? I...” He glanced at his watch and gave a small smile to Sooyoung. “really need to go.” And with that he walked away quickly and slowly into a jog.

“Thanks!” He shouted before disappearing out of the stunned girl’s eyes.

“Well that went well.” Sooyoung sighed to herself. She always had weird meetings with people, especially trainees. But this time the guy has left her an unforgettable first impression.

Then she realised she still didn’t know his name.

 

---

 

Laughter is something that cheered people up, but there was a kind that annoyed people. No one would have believed it, but it was the truth as Yoona had been laughing at her members endlessly for an hour now; she was laughing at every little thing she could pick up.

“Would you stop laughing alligator?” Yuri asked as she continued to brush her hair.

“Well would you stop brushing your hair? It’s straight enough, you’ve been brushing it endlessly for 10 minutes now.” Yoona retaliated.

“Well you’ve been laughing for an hour now, are you not tired?” The annoyed girl replied, not giving up.

“No I’m not! Because I’m superwoman!” Yoona replied as she punched the air and posed like superman, which made her end up in fits of laughter again.

“You two, just stop it.” Seohyun said, interrupting the two’s childish argument.

“Yah! Seo joohyun! Don’t talk to me informally.” Yuri replied.

“Neh neh, arasseo.” Seohyun replied. “I’m leaving you two.” She said as she left the waiting room.

“That girl.” Yoona said as her eyes searched around the room, trying to find something else that she’d find amusing.

“Hey, do you know a trainee called Yixing?” Yuri suddenly questioned.

“Who you asking?” Yoona asked back.

“Duh, it’s you. There’s no one else except makeup artists, and I don’t think they’d know trainees.” Yuri said as she rolled he eyes.

Yoona observed her. “Jeez, you’re in a good mood.”

“Stop being sarcastic Im Yoona and answer my question.”

Yoona chuckled a little bit and nodded her head. “I’ve heard of him from Jongin.”

“Who’s Jongin hey?” Yuri said with a teasing tone as she smirked. “Another one of your victims?”

“Unnie. Don’t joke around like that. Not funny.” Yoona replied with a smile.

“Oh so you laugh at everything else and you don’t laugh at my jokes!” Yuri replied with a pout. “I’m disappointed in you Im yoona.” Yuri said as she stood up from her makeup chair and plotted herself besides Yoona on the couch.

“Anyways back to the topic, are you and Jongin close? Do you know Yixing well?” Yuri continued questioning her best friend.

“Well, I’ve met up with Jongin a few times, I only heard of Yixing’s name yesterday, I had asked him for another training session and he said he was going to bring Yixing along too.”

“Oh really?” Yuri asked as a thought popped into her head.

“Yes, why unnie?”

“Well, can I join you guys?” Yuri asked.

“Yea, I guess so, I’m pretty sure they won’t mind.”

“Great!” Yuri exclaimed happily and went back to her makeup chair to put on some finishing touches.

“Why you so excited unnie?” Yoona observed Yuri’s overly hyper self, she wasn’t normally like that.

“I just am.” Yuri replied as she smiled at her identical self in the mirror.

 

---

 

“Tiffany unnie!” Seohyun shouted out as the nine girls stepped out of their black van. “Wait up!”

Tiffany turned around the face the maknae with a smile. “Neh? What’s wrong?”

“The other seven are going for a midnight snack, just you and me today for training. We can just do vocal training until they come back. Or do you want to go with them too?”

“I’m fine. I’ll stay with you maknae.” Tiffany replied with her eyesmile.

The two girls made their way from the back of the SM building and they slowly climbed the stairs up to the training rooms.

On the other side of the stairs were two sweaty boys who had just finished their training, and were going down the stairs to go and grab a snack. One was half listening to his iPod and replaying the dance moves in his hand, whilst the other was playing the Rubik’s cube, trying to break his own record. Faint voices of two girls could be heard, and one lifted his head up instantly. The other looked at him surprised.

“What’s wrong Luhan?” Yixing asked as the music from his one earphone continued playing.

“Shhhh.” Luhan replied and listened intently to the two faint voices.

Yixing paused the song and listened with Luhan, not knowing what the other boy was trying to listen for.

“What are yo-“ Yixing tried to ask but Luhan immediately shut him up with his hand. Yixing’s eyes looked at Luhan with a worried and curious aura; he had no idea what got to Luhan, Luhan was never like this. He was always kind, patient and playful, he never had that serious expression that was on his face right now, and neither had the doe eyed boy ever shut him up by sealing his mouth with his own hands.

The two faint voices became clearer and all the colour from Luhan’s face dropped, shocking Yixing even more.

Soon two figures could be seen and so many thoughts ran rapidly in Luhan’s mind.

That voice, I would never be able to forget it. It had accompanied me for half of my life, no matter in what state it is, I would be able to recognise it. But it can’t be, it can’t be her. Can it? I’ve started to forget about her, she can’t reappear again. Who is she with? That’s tiffany noona’s voice, she’s with Tiffany noona. So it is her? The girl that I’ve loved all these years, the one that had never left his heart, was Seohyun from SNSD really the Joohyun that he had known ever since he was a kid?

The two figures appeared and as they climbed their way up the stairs, Yixing had finally got Luhan’s hands off his mouth.

“Oh Hey Luhan!” Tiffany greeted him with a smile, however Luhan just stood there as still as a statue. Yixing immediately bowed to his two sunbaes, but Luhan continued standing still. Yixing pulled Luhan’s sleeves a little but he did not budge at all. His eyes just stared at Seohyun, startling the girl a little.

Luhan couldn’t believe his eyes, it was her. It was definitely her, now that he had heard her voice and seen her in real life, he was 100% sure that it was her, his dream girl, his whole life.

What surprised him was that the girl seemed to not know him at all. She bowed at him a little and stared back at him with innocent and empty eyes. Not the ones that Luhan was used to.

“This is Luhan, Seohyun-ah, and that is Yixing.” Tiffany introduced them to each other as an awkward silence had covered them.

“Annyeong! Seohyun imnida.” Seohyun said as she reached her hand out to Luhan for a handshake, but all he did was stare back at her in disbelief. She had heard his name, she had seen him, how can she stare at him with those empty eyes and smile at him like that. Did she not recognise him? How can she not? After all those years, how can she not have recognised him? Maybe because she was doubting? Maybe it was because she hadn’t heard his voice yet? Luhan was still contemplating at the reason why Seohyun was acting so normally when Yixing shook her hands instead, in order to comfort the embarrassed Seohyun as her hand was hanging in the air unwelcomed.

“Yah! Xi Luhan! Wake up!” Yixing shouted in an urgent voice as he shook his best friend with extreme force.

It was then the first few words came out of him. “I’m Luhan. D-don’t you remember me?”

Seohyun looked back at him and shook her head. “Have we met before? I’m sorry for not remembering you, where did I meet you?” She replied.

Luhan fumed inside and before the three people knew it, he pushed Tiffany aside and stormed off down the stairs, shocking all 3 beings.

Yixing blinked a few times and immediately started bowing at the two shocked girls mumbling sorry a hundred thousand times before running off his crazy friend.

“What was that?” Seohyun said in a shocked, timid voice. She didn’t know whose fault it was, it seemed like it was the boy’s fault, but deep down she felt an emotion of guilt, but she had no idea why.

“Seohyun-ah. Gwenchana? I don’t know what’s with him today, he’s normally a pretty nice boy.” Tiffany said as she looked down the stairs, wondering what had gotten to Luhan.

“Gwenchana unnie. Let’s go.” The maknae said as she continued climbing the stairs half-heartedly.

 


 

Hey everyone! Omg how long has it been? It’s actually nearly exam time for me, and I’m here writing a chapter LOL

Anyways hopefully I’d be able to write more after the exams and when the holidays come~ which is not so long away.

Hope you liked this chapter!

I’ll try to update soon. I was watching SM videos and I had so many feels even though it’s different couples from this fanfic, like Sustal, Krissica. Wait should I add them too? As minor coupled of course. And Omg EXO’s Wolf! My feelings for Sehun, suho and tao are rocketing out the roof LOL

Anyways hopefully I’ll update soon. See you all! 

Helen