Chapter 3

Smtown: A Complicated Life

 

Chapter 3

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s my drink.”

Yixing looked up surprised. His eyes widened even more to see the figure of the girl that had just spoke. She had long wavy hair that reached up to her waist, high cheek bones and a pair of attractive dark brown eyes. The girl was around 5ft4 and she was in a dark red dress that complimented her body perfectly.

She stood there and stared at Yixing intently waiting for an answer. Her right hand held the cup tightly whilst her left hand rested on her waist in an L position. She continued shooting daggers at the guy and waited impatiently.

“So?” She asked again.

“Oh, um I’m sorry, I thought this drink was free to take.” Yixing replied stammering.

The girl’s shoulders relaxed as she spoke again.

“Oh. Ok, well those drinks are over there.” She pointed to another corner of the bar.

Yixing nodded at her timidly. Her tone had scared him a little.

She glanced at the guy and saw his nervous expression. She broke into a smile and spoke in a sweet, calming way.

“Hey. Loosen up. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Yixing saw her smile and immediately relaxed. The way she smiled was magnificent, her whole face brightened up as her lips pointed upwards. Her smile warmed him up even more.

“So.. Sorry.” Yixing replied with a smile, still stammering.

“Can you only say the word sorry?” The girl asked, raising her eyebrows.

Yixing shook his head.

The girl looked at him curiously. “Oh wells, I’m Kwon Yuri. Nice to meet you. You are?” She said as she stretched out her arm towards him for a handshake.

Yixing took it straight away. “I’m Yixing. You can call me Lay.”

“You here alone?” Yuri asked.

“Ani, Hyukjae Hyung dragged me here.”

“Eyyy, that Hyukjae, he’s not back in the company with Hyoyeon, but here hanging out in the club.” Yuri said shaking her head as she took a sip of her champagne. “Sooo… Are you a trainee?” Yuri asked as she made eye contact with the boy.

Yixing nodded. “Yes I am.”

“You the dancer?” She continued asking.

Yixing nodded again.

“Want to practice together one time?” Yuri asked.

This surprised Yixing. Huh? Together? She’s a SNSD member though, she wants to practice with me?

“I take silence as a yes then.” Yuri replied as she walked to the side and grabbed two drinks as she finished her first.

“Want one?” Yuri asked.

“Sure. Thanks.” Yixing replied and took in the drink without a word.

 And with that the two sat there in silence as the club music let them both sink into their own little worlds.

 

Eunhyuk stood by the side and watched the two. He observed every single little detail. “The young boy is attracted by the outstanding charms of Kwon Yuri. He’s memorized by her. Wonder what would happen next.” He said to himself and continued drinking his champagne.

 

---

 

“Donghae! Where did my earphones go?” Siwon shouted out as his voice travelled down the hallway.

There was no reply.

“DONGHAE!” Siwon shouted out again.

Still there was no reply.

Siwon gave up and ran up the stairs to Donghae’s room. He pushed opened the door roughly and yelled out in frustration. “What are you doing with MY earphones.”

Donghae looked up shocked at the entrance of the tall handsome guy.

Donghae hadn’t heard Siwon at all. He was listening to music (with Siwon’s earphones) the entire time, trying to drown himself into the world of music in order to get rid of the throbbing pain of his heart.

“Yah! Lee Donghae!” Siwon yelled out and pulled the blasting earphones away from the depressed guy. Donghae looked up in shock and pouted like a little child as he realised his favourite music had been taken away from him.

Siwon sighed and pulled a chair to sit next to his friend.

“You can’t be like this when you’re heartbroken due to a break-up. That’s the worst way to go through this depressing period of time. You have to calm down, pack yourself with schedules and get busy. You’ll forget about everything, and everything will fade away as long as you stay busy, so busy that you won’t even be able to think about anything else but work, work and work.” Siwon suggested.

The guy listening looked at Siwon hesitantly, unsure if what he said was true.

“I’ve been through this exact thing, I promise you. It works.” Siwon said and stood up to leave. Before leaving, he gave a sympathetic pat on Donghae’s back.

“Cheer up Buddy.” And he left.

 

---

 

He walked down the empty hall with a certain girl in his mind. The girl that had occupied his second half of his life in high school, the one that had stolen his heart completely and to this day,  she still hasn’t given it back.

He sighed as the image of her delicate figure spinning around like an angel appeared in his mind. It has been like this for the last three years of his life, her figure always magically appeared in his head when he was extremely tired with all the practice he had done on that particular day.

He missed her dearly and wanted her back, but he knew it was impossible. She had disappeared completely; there was no trace of her at all when she had disappeared. He couldn’t find anything about her when she first left him, let alone now, when three years has already passed.

He always had an hour of misery everyday when he thought about her, whether it was before he went to sleep, or during a break between practices, or during meal time. There was always a period of time each day where he dedicated his heart to her. His mind would bring up all the bright and happy memories of her and he would smile sweetly whilst staring at a wall.

He continued walking as the scene of him pushing her on the swings with her giggling like there was no tomorrow came up into his mind, making him smile like an idiot. Everything was all gone when a cheerful voice called out his name.

“ Luhan! It is you. Annyeong!” A girl greeted him and gave him her infamous eyesmile.

Luhan pulled himself out of his own daydream and his smile fell off his face; he looked at the girl with a blank expression.

The girl looked confused as she raised her eyebrows at him.

“Gwenchana? Do you think I’m annoying?” She asked timidly, afraid of the answer. She was only trying to be friendly and did not expect him to frown all of a sudden as a reaction of her greeting.

“Mian Tiffany sunbae.” Luhan replied still with a poker face.

Tiffany smiled back, trying to ease the tense atmosphere.

“It’s ok. Please just call me Tiffany, no need with the sunbae. Let’s be comfortable with each other.” Tiffany said as she smiled again.

Luhan just nodded briefly and said “ I need to go. Mian noona.”

With that he left her alone in the empty corridor as he walked out of the building.

 

 


 

OMG It’s been sooooo long since I’ve updated. It’s holidays now, so hopefully I can update a few more chapters than usual. Sorry if this chapter is pretty short. I am sincerely sorry! Just couldn’t find the time :(

 

Now here I introduce Yuri, there would also be another girl introduced later for Lay, who would you want her to be? :P Sulli? Sooyoung? 

 

Who should I include in the next chapter? :P

Who is the girl Luhan is thinking of? (it’s pretty obvious actually -_- stupid foreword LOL)

 

And that’s it, hopefully I can update soon :)

 

Subscribe, Vote and comment! :)

 

Helen